PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy's bladder surgery is cancelled! Neutering still on for 3/16

My Peanuts
03-14-2006, 02:31 PM
The vet called me last night and asked if I could bring Jim in today for a quick check up. He wanted to put the catheter in again and see if it goes in smoothly. Well, it went in a lot smoother than it did Friday and the PH of his urine is getting back to an acceptable level. The doc said that Friday’s urine was perfect from growing crystals and today’s was much better. HE CANCELLED THE BLADDER SURGERY! I'm so happy, but he said he might need it in the future or he might need to do this other surgery where Jimmy pees from a different hole. The neutering is still on for Thursday.

So, James still needs prayers for his neutering and prayers that the new food makes all his problems go away. :)

gemini9961
03-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Get better Jimmy!!

beeniesmom
03-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Wow, great news!
Good luck on the snip snip!

elizabethann
03-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Jimmy, I hope your new food helps you. Good luck on your neutering.

P.S. Jimmy, you're awfully cute.
:)

Roxyluvsme13
03-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Great news! Jimmy is adorable, and I hope everything goes great :D

lv4dogs
03-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Thats great. here's to hoping he continues to improve. Yous are in my thoughts.

My Peanuts
03-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks everyone! Tomorrow is the big day. I'm getting so nervous!

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Don't worry! Everything will go great :).

My Peanuts
03-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Don't worry! Everything will go great :).

I've been through this with RB Angie, Sylvia, & Harley (Morty was done a month before we adopted him), but when it gets this close I still freak out! I know it will go ok, I just worry since Jimmy doens't seem to have any good luck.

luvofallhorses
03-15-2006, 11:17 AM
I hope all goes well! :)

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 11:21 AM
I've been through this with RB Angie, Sylvia, & Harley (Morty was done a month before we adopted him), but when it gets this close I still freak out! I know it will go ok, I just worry since Jimmy doens't seem to have any good luck.
I can understand that :D. I hope Jimmy will certainly have luck with the big snip! :)

Vela
03-15-2006, 11:21 AM
I know it will go ok, I just worry since Jimmy doens't seem to have any good luck.

I don't think that's true at all! Look at the great family he ended up with and how much you guys are willing to do for him. I think he's very lucky indeed and his surgery will go fine.

BC_MoM
03-15-2006, 11:29 AM
That's fantastic news.. good luck in your neuter surgery, Jimmy! :D

My Peanuts
03-15-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't think that's true at all! Look at the great family he ended up with and how much you guys are willing to do for him. I think he's very lucky indeed and his surgery will go fine.

That's true. He's the luckiest and unluckiest dog in the world :rolleyes:. When people hear his story and they say, "He so lucky to have you" I'm not even modest. I say YES HE IS! :D

He had so many death sentences abuse, chasing cars on a 50 mph street, heart worm, bladder problems, and the person that was feeding him passed away. I guess he is lucky I brought him home.

BOBS DAD
03-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Good news, I am glad to hear it. Tell Jimmy not to be too distraught over his bladder problems. Believe it or not, we humans have similar issues. I have had to have stones removed from bladder 3 times, and I am constantly passing sediment. YEAH, I know... that's more than you really wanted to know!!! Sad thing is, I need to do it again! BUT I HAVE BEEN AVOIDING IT. I have stones again and they are blocking the flow. I really should have this taken care of, but the last time I did (almost 3 years ago). They nearly killed me. Was supposed to be simple say day surgery - maybe overnight if need be! BUT OH NO... complications, complications, etc., etc.. Too much anathesia, threw a blood clot, bled internally, blood transfusions, critical care, ICU bad reactions to pain killers, Hallucinations - bottom line - almost a month in hospital, half in ICU and now on blood thinner the rest of my life. So, you can see why I am reluctant to go back!!!,

So good news Jimmy! You really don't want any kind of surgery if you can avoid it!!! :D

pitc9
03-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Good News!!
I'll be thinking about you both tomorrow!

My Peanuts
03-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Jimmy is at the vet right now. I have no finger nails left and I've started chewing on my fingers now! I'm so nervous. I just want him home safe. I'm leaving work at 3:30 to pick him up at 4:00pm. My computer at home decides that sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't, so I may not be able to post until Monday, but I'll try. I took off tomorrow to stay with Jimmy.

Glacier
03-16-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm sure he'll be fine.

I'm glad he doesn't need the bladder surgery. One of my cats had surgery to stop repeated blockages. He pees like a girl kitty now. It wasn't fun at the time, but it did save Pete's life.

poofy
03-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Good news, I am glad to hear it. Tell Jimmy not to be too distraught over his bladder problems. Believe it or not, we humans have similar issues. I have had to have stones removed from bladder 3 times, and I am constantly passing sediment. YEAH, I know... that's more than you really wanted to know!!! Sad thing is, I need to do it again! BUT I HAVE BEEN AVOIDING IT. I have stones again and they are blocking the flow. I really should have this taken care of, but the last time I did (almost 3 years ago). They nearly killed me. Was supposed to be simple say day surgery - maybe overnight if need be! BUT OH NO... complications, complications, etc., etc.. Too much anathesia, threw a blood clot, bled internally, blood transfusions, critical care, ICU bad reactions to pain killers, Hallucinations - bottom line - almost a month in hospital, half in ICU and now on blood thinner the rest of my life. So, you can see why I am reluctant to go back!!!,

So good news Jimmy! You really don't want any kind of surgery if you can avoid it!!! :D

wow sounds terriable, good luck to you and jimmy..how awfull

My Peanuts
03-16-2006, 12:04 PM

WOW, I missed that. I'm glad you're ok now. Hopefully if you need it again everything will go smoothly.

Kater
03-16-2006, 12:05 PM
This is the truth!! :)
Lots of good thoughts for Jimmy's surgery and good thoughts for you as you wait. He is such a cutie!!! :D

Ginger's Mom
03-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Thinking of Jimmy today. I am sure he will be fine. Give that little man some gentle hugs from the PT gang when he gets home.

My Peanuts
03-16-2006, 01:07 PM
I called about Jimmy and they said he's out of surgery and alert. I pick him up in a few hours. I can't wait.

BOBS DAD
03-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Wonderful... everything will be fine! Glad to hear Jimmy will be home soon. Jimmy will be glad too!!!

My Peanuts
03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm actually very relieved. All four of my pups are spayed or neutered and micro chipped now. It's a really good feeling. :)

Daisy and Delilah
03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

RobiLee
03-16-2006, 02:45 PM
I haven't been posting much, but I've been checking in. Glad to hear that things went well. Hope he is home soon and feeling good.

caseysmom
03-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Glad to hear he is okay.

BC_MoM
03-16-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm actually very relieved. All four of my pups are spayed or neutered and micro chipped now. It's a really good feeling. :)

Man, that reminds me of when Molly got spayed on the 27th of Feb.. I was sooo nervous and thought about it all day at school.. and I even phoned like you to check up on her! :D lol