PDA

View Full Version : Smelly

beeniesmom
03-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Anyone know of a good/strong way to cover/get rid of doggie urine.
My bosses dog peed in my office (under my desk), near Beenies crate on Friday. She didn't notice it and is gone on vacation.
I came to work Monday (yesterday) and it smelled so bad that I wanted to puke.
I tried a lot of things.... when that didn't work, I called a carpet cleaning company. They STEAM cleaned it and put some lemony smelling stuff. The carpet is now drying and starting to stink of urine again. I am dry heaving as I write this and am ready to go home.

Any suggestions as to how to get rid of the stench?

Does Febreeze work?
My dogs NEVER mess up in the office. The few times that they did at home, when they were little, some Resolve or Hartz spray and peper towel would do the trick.

Help.... gag. :confused:

caseysmom
03-14-2006, 02:01 PM
I bought some urine remover from Kirby and it worked really well, you spray it on generously, wait a bit and sponge it up.

Have to buy more, bubba had another accident :rolleyes:

Muddy4paws
03-14-2006, 02:02 PM
I find frebreze works well on alot of smelly things, but I dont know what else you can use?

caseysmom
03-14-2006, 02:02 PM
You need something specifically designed for pet urine to neutralize the enzymes.

lv4dogs
03-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Natures miracle, but I am not sure if that (or any simialr product) will work now since other chemicals were already used on the spot. :(

I'd call the company backl, they should do it again for free????

Kfamr
03-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Natures Miracle. Certainly sticks to it's name. Although, I've never used it on a stain/smell that's been there for a while.

caseysmom
03-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Where do you buy natures miracle? Petsmart?

beeniesmom
03-14-2006, 02:09 PM
I think I should call them back (the carpet cleaning people).
Hopefully they will come back.
I will look for this Nature's miricle.
I will also bring some white vinegar to the office. I remember hearing somewhere that it's good for dog pee. Anyone else here of this?

Kfamr
03-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Where do you buy natures miracle? Petsmart?

Petsmart, Petco, www.petedge.com.. I think I've seen it in almost every Pet store. :)

caseysmom
03-14-2006, 02:14 PM
I should try the nature's miracle, I shampood over the weekend and was out of my pet odor remover, hopefully I didn't set the stain.

Jadapit
03-14-2006, 02:16 PM
I think I should call them back (the carpet cleaning people).
Hopefully they will come back.
I will look for this Nature's miricle.
I will also bring some white vinegar to the office. I remember hearing somewhere that it's good for dog pee. Anyone else here of this?

I have used white vinegar on cat pee it worked really well. I would think it would work on dog pee as well.

Karen
03-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Nature's Miracle is the best bet, I'll echo the others. It even remedies "skunkhound" smells, right Lady?

Jessika
03-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Natures miracle, but I am not sure if that (or any simialr product) will work now since other chemicals were already used on the spot. :(

I'd call the company backl, they should do it again for free????

Iwas going to suggest Nature's Miracle, too. It has enzymes in it that will remove the enzymes in pet urine and remove it completely! Similar products will give similar results but will never thoroughly remove the urine since the enzymes would remain. But products designed specifically like Nature's Miracle will COMPLETELY remove it.

pnance
03-14-2006, 11:37 PM
I have to agree with everyone on the Nature's Miracle, I've used it for awhile on both cat and dog urine. I even used it in our old rental where I would swear the old tenants just allowed their dogs to use one area of the living room to take care of things instead of going outside. We steamcleaned, scrubbed etc. and still couldn't get it out. Finally we put Natures Miracle in the steamcleaner which got rid of the smell so it definately works on older set in stains.

I agree though that you should call the carpet company back and have them redo the cleaning first if you can.

caseysmom
03-15-2006, 12:40 AM
I bought a bottle of natures miracle tonight, I haven't used it yet but tomorrow I will use it on a stinky spot.