PDA

View Full Version : "Monster under the covers" game

lovemymaltese
04-22-2002, 04:00 PM
My Tango loves to play the "Monsters under the covers" game. As soon as he sees something move from under the covers, he is on it. He playfully bites and paws at the "monster". You just want to make sure that it's not your toes that he is after. ha!:p

momoffuzzyfaces
04-22-2002, 04:17 PM
This is one of Chester's favorite games too! My toes don't think it's so funny!:)

Fuzzy317
04-22-2002, 06:22 PM
Most of our cats play this. We call it "playing mole", and we do it mostly with our hands. Sometimes the "mole" grabs them back. :D

LoudLou
04-22-2002, 06:38 PM
Garbonzo Bean plays this. We call it "Bed Mouse".

When Louie was a puppy he used to do this at night when we'd go to bed... My husband called that the "Snapping Turtle" because he was ALL mouth whenhe was a pup.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-22-2002, 07:32 PM
LOL Funny topic

My mother-in-law has a chihuahua named Spanky and he looooves to play what we call "hand under the covers" pretty original huh ? He bites and digs for your hand and don't cover up with a blanket unless you wanna play, THAT IS HIS FAVORITE THING.
Tinky and Jupiter play too except they pounce, and thats about it. They seem like they have a lot of fun playin it though. The hand moves and they wiggle butt then pounce, the hand moves they wiggle butt and pounce, the hand moves they wiggle butt and pounce...........

Daisylover
04-24-2002, 11:51 AM
Bunnies have a slightly different take on this game.... They like to dig, dig, dig until the fabric is bunched up underneath their belly and then using their front paws they will go to great lengths to smooth the fabric back out. And then they'll start digging like crazy again and smooth the fabric back out. I think it's probably related to digging a burrow but it's awfully cute and keeps them amused for quite a little bit! :cool: