PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Lab

lnorris
03-14-2006, 12:09 PM
:confused: I have a 12 year old Yellow Lab, he is one of the family. He just went to the vet and had an X-ray done and his liver was in-larged which looks like he may have liver cancer. The vet said with yellow labs this old they are most likely to get this. He is starting to eat better but cant eat alot of things. I know we only have a short time with him and I dont want him to suffer just because we want him around longer but does anyone have any Ideas about what is best for him to eat? Has anyone else been through this, your help and suggestions are welcomed.
The Vet said he may have 3 monthss to maybe a year.

THANK YOU,

Saddly waiting

Jessika
03-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Your vet should have told you what is the best diet for his condition. If you have any question, nobody knows your pet better (well besides you, of course!) or knows his medical history best so your vet would be the most appropriate person to ask in this case.

Good luck and my thoughts are with you :(

.sarah
03-14-2006, 08:47 PM
If you want to know what is truly best, I would highly suggest switching him to a raw diet. I have heard a lot of stories about dogs who are so far gone with lots of different problems (cancer included) that make a 180 degree turn around. If you are really interested I can direct you to a wonderful Yahoo! group that has thousands of members who have been feeding raw from anywhere to 1 day-20 years and have seen awesome results. They have been so helpful for me with all my little questions about what I can and cannot feed, if I'm feeding the right ratios, etc.