PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please!

Roxyluvsme13
03-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Ok, I want something new with my hair, but I dont want it really short or any layers. Been there done that :p. Any suggestions on what I should do? I want it shorter than it is. That's all I know :rolleyes:
Here's a pic of me to help you think :D

Pawsitive Thinking
03-14-2006, 10:39 AM
How about a temporary colour change until you decide what you want?

Roxyluvsme13
03-14-2006, 10:45 AM
How about a temporary colour change until you decide what you want?
I'm sort of tired of dying my hair :o As you can see it's sort of half blonde half brunette already. I'm almost tempted to dye it back to its natural color though :p

dogzr#1
03-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Hmm, sorry I'm not good with hair. I don't do much to mine. I only have haircuts to shorten the length. I don't know anything about dying hair either. I've never dyed my hair. Well I found a website that has many different hairstyles.

http://www.free-beauty-tips.com/longhstyle.html

Roxyluvsme13
03-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Hmm, sorry I'm not good with hair. I don't do much to mine. I only have haircuts to shorten the length. I don't know anything about dying hair either. I've never dyed my hair. Well I found a website that has many different hairstyles.

http://www.free-beauty-tips.com/longhstyle.html
Thanks! I'll have to look at the site :)

Husky_mom
03-14-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm sort of tired of dying my hair :o As you can see it's sort of half blonde half brunette already. I'm almost tempted to dye it back to its natural color though :p

LOL youŽre already tired????

well keeping it long is a good idea makes you look slimmer (i love longer hair too) and besides you dont get it all spongy (:P)(sp?)

you could do some highlights, very sublte ones even two toned ones just to give more shine to the hair, and you can have them temporals or permanent or just give a full color wash to even the colors you have right now.

Roxyluvsme13
03-14-2006, 12:29 PM
LOL youŽre already tired????

well keeping it long is a good idea makes you look slimmer (i love longer hair too) and besides you dont get it all spongy (:P)(sp?)

you could do some highlights, very sublte ones even two toned ones just to give more shine to the hair, and you can have them temporals or permanent or just give a full color wash to even the colors you have right now.
Highlights-been there, done that. Turned out orange! :p

joanofark
03-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Have you tryed bangs?? Or Maybe a perm?? :)

Roxyluvsme13
03-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Have you tryed bangs?? Or Maybe a perm?? :)
Had bangs, too. I kinda miss them :p but I'm letting them grow back out again. I was thinking about a perm..but I dunno if it would look good. :confused:

Karen
03-14-2006, 12:36 PM
I'd suggest not-too-heavy bangs, and as you've pretty much ruled out any suggestions of short cuts, colors, or layers, the only change left is either a perm or shaving it all off! You have a lot of foehead (as do I), so bangs would emphasize your eyes more, I do think a below-the-chin straight cut would look nice, like a pageboy, but I don't know what you consider "short." And highlights need not be orange if they are done by a professional.

Husky_mom
03-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Highlights-been there, done that. Turned out orange! :p

you just need to get the right color, if what you chose turned orange you need a not so golden tone, go for ash tones and not too light. (if i were nearer iŽll help you out)

and i would skip the perm, it would make your face look rounder, maybe some waves not too toght ones look good

Roxyluvsme13
03-14-2006, 12:38 PM
you just need to get the right color, if what you chose turned orange you need a not so golden tone, go for ash tones and not too light. (if i were nearer iŽll help you out)

and i would skip the perm, it would make your face look rounder, maybe some waves not too toght ones look good
If I got a perm I would want loose waves anyways. Someone did my hair wavy for me once, and I loved it. I'll try to find the pic.

Corinna
03-14-2006, 12:44 PM
You have the same face shape as me I have to build height on top. I had a perm and I love it I have curls on top. you also need to pull it away from your face. opening it up makes it look less round.

jackie
03-14-2006, 01:20 PM
If you have half blonde half brown hair, you should sort out the colour, that alone would be a huge improvement!

dab_20
03-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Not good with hair. But good luck deciding!

If your hair turned orange, then thats probably because you chose too light a color for your hair. Never die your hair blonde if it's dark brown unless done by a professional! It'll turn orange.

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 07:18 AM
If you have half blonde half brown hair, you should sort out the colour, that alone would be a huge improvement!
I know...but that's my own fault and I kinda like it that way :roleyes: The top half is my natural hair color and the bottom half is from all the dyeing.
I know why my hair turned orange, too, and honestly I really dont want highlights again. Sorry I'm ruling out everything I know! :o

I'd suggest not-too-heavy bangs, and as you've pretty much ruled out any suggestions of short cuts, colors, or layers, the only change left is either a perm or shaving it all off! You have a lot of forehead (as do I), so bangs would emphasize your eyes more, I do think a below-the-chin straight cut would look nice, like a pageboy, but I don't know what you consider "short." And highlights need not be orange if they are done by a professional.
Well, I could try bangs again. And I think I know the cut you're talking about and I've done something like that, too. I think I might try a loose perm with bangs.