PDA

View Full Version : Please... no.

dog_pug123
03-14-2006, 10:30 AM
It's Alli. It was Delta. And now Alli. We just got a new dog this morning ( I will post about in another thread ), and Alli ran off out the front door, I noticed immedietly. I saw her running high blast, like she was after something. And she hasn't been back for almost an hour. I'm freaking out. I don't want her out loose in San Fransisco... it can be dangerous. Cars, people, other dogs... makes me shiver. I'm crying right now. I already called the pound, but there was no record of her, and I went out looking for her, but I couldn't find her. With all the mud and freezingness, Im really worried! Please send all your thoughts and prayers... Come Back Sweetie!!!!!!!!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Alli - go home! Keep us posted

JenBKR
03-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Oh no another missing PT dog! Prayers for Ali's safe return - keep us updated!

dog_pug123
03-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Alli still isn't home. I'm going to go searching again, in a bit.

cmayer31
03-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this! Keeping my fingers crossed and sending good thoughts that Alli will be found and, or come back,

elizabethann
03-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Did you call the local animal control?

I will keep Alli in my thoughts.

Come home!!

Vela
03-14-2006, 12:39 PM
If it's only been an hour why aren't you still out looking???????? The longer you wait the worse off it is for her. Get out there and look for her!

Glacier
03-14-2006, 12:42 PM
I hope you find her soon. I wouldn't wait to start search for her. The odds of finding her are highest in the first few hours. Delta was gone for three days before I sat down long enough to post. Get out there and search--call her name and take treats with you!

I'm assuming you live somewhere where you have close neighbors--get her picture and your phone numbers to every house for a few blocks. Get your neighbors to check their garages or any other buildings on their property that she could have snuck into. Get her picture anywhere where people congregrate--the corner coffee shop, the grocery store, anywhere there is a bulletin board.

Offer a reward for her return. People will be more willing to help even for a small amount of cash! Leave some identifying feature off the description, like the color of her collar. That way if someone calls and tries to trick you, you can determine if it's your dog.

Call every vet and shelter. Don't limit yourself to ones in your immediate area. If someone finds her and she's hurt, they are most likely going to take her to a vet they know.

Make sure animal control knows how to reach you and keep calling them. They are swamped and may not call you. It's been three weeks since Delta disappeared, I still call AC every day. The officer knows my voice now. I may be annoying him, but if by some miracle Delta ends up there, there's no way he'll forget and not call me!

Good luck.

Alysser
03-14-2006, 01:22 PM
OH NO! I hope she comes home soon:(

Kfamr
03-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Hope she comes home soon.

Anita Cholaine
03-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Oh no! Please come back home soon!

jackie
03-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Why are you making another thread and posting pics when you could be out looking?

lute
03-14-2006, 05:35 PM
i hope you find Alli!!!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-14-2006, 05:37 PM
I hope Alli comes home soon! Prayers for her safe return...

dab_20
03-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Oh no! :( Prayers that Alli is safe and that she comes home soon.

Chilli
03-14-2006, 07:42 PM
She'll be in my thoughts, and take the advice given above!
When we lost Melani, it took us a whole night and day to find her, but she eventually arrived safely back home with the help of a wonderful lady.
Also, you could maybe try calling a local radio station and kindly ask if they'll make a little announcement over the radio about Alli missing.
I don't know about the radio stations there, but the one in our area does it.
Good luck.

lv4dogs
03-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Any sing of Alli?
Yous are in my thoughts, hoping for a safe & speedy return.

dogzr#1
03-15-2006, 10:28 AM
I think the thing that is upsetting people most is that she posted that Alli ran away. Then shortly after she posted about her new dog. I think most people think that if your dog were to run away, then you should be out looking for more than 20min.

Also, I think that they are getting worked up because two really different cases were being compared.

I have to say Tamera's post really pulled at my heartstrings. Very saddening.:(

I just hope that Alli and Delta come home soon! (((((HUGS)))))

conans_in_heaven
03-15-2006, 12:09 PM
OH NO! COME HOME ALLI!!! I'll keep her in my prayers too!

dab_20
03-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Any sign of Alli yet? One of my dogs dissapeared for 9 whole days before we found her safe and sound. I would try putting posters up and asking neighbors around you. Good Luck, hoping for Alli's safe return!

dog_pug123
03-15-2006, 05:29 PM
No sign of her yet :(

And I was on the computer posting pictures instead of looking because I had been looking for hours and was hoping PT could get her off my mind for a bit so I could stop worrying, but obviously not :rolleyes: Lexie is supporting me and she has been really great to me (Thanks Lexie). So, that's why I wasn't out looking.

Anyway, thanks for the support that you have been giving.

Vela
03-15-2006, 05:55 PM
I saw her running high blast, like she was after something. And she hasn't been back for almost an hour. I'm freaking out. I don't want her out loose in San Fransisco... it can be dangerous. Im really worried! Please send all your thoughts and prayers... Come Back Sweetie!!!!!!!!!!

I was on the computer posting pictures instead of looking because I had been looking for hours and was hoping PT could get her off my mind for a bit so I could stop worrying.

I really am sorry she hasn't been found yet, but your posts are conflicting, the first one says she was gone for an hour, and later you say you had already been looking for hours. The reason people posted about why you weren't out looking for her is because you said she had only been gone an hour and here you were online and posting pics with your new dog. Sorry but that is odd to most of us.

In any event I hope you find Alli soon and that she is safe wherever she is at the moment.

dogzr#1
03-15-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm sorry Alli hasn't been found yet. :( I agree with Vela. That is why we were getting worked up. You stated that she had been gone for an hour, yet you weren't looking for her, instead you were posting pictures. I am not you but if my dog ran out the door I would stop what I was doing and chase after him/her and if i didn't find them, i would look for hours. Again I hope Alli comes home soon.

Alysser
03-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I to agree with Vela. I would never post pictures at that time. Plus, San Fransico is NOT a place for dogs to be running loose.

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Honestly, I wouldnt even be on PT to take my mind off things. I would be out there looking for her whether or not I had already been searching for hours.
I hope you find Alli.

dab_20
03-15-2006, 07:17 PM
OK people.... you all have said the exact same think for the last page, I think she gets the point.

Still hoping you find Alli!

Vela
03-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Why do you think it's up to you to tell us what to post or when? You are entitled to make your posts, so the rest of us have just as much right to do the same, and as long as nobody is being derogatory or hurtful, which nobody is, then you have no real business telling us to stop posting. It's not up to you to tell us what to say or not say, and noone has said anything rude, only best wishes to find her dog and clear up the confusion regarding WHY people wondered about her timing and other posts with her dog lost. If you are going to tell us not to post, take your own advice. You are detracting from the point of the thread by repeatedly giving us your opinion about what others say.

dab_20
03-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Why do you think it's up to you to tell us what to post or when? You are entitled to make your posts, so the rest of us have just as much right to do the same, and as long as nobody is being derogatory or hurtful, which nobody is, then you have no real business telling us to stop posting. It's not up to you to tell us what to say or not say, and noone has said anything rude, only best wishes to find her dog and clear up the confusion regarding WHY people wondered about her timing and other posts with her dog lost. If you are going to tell us not to post, take your own advice. You are detracting from the point of the thread by repeatedly giving us your opinion about what others say.

I didn't mean to upset you, and didn't mean that you shoulden't post. I was just trying to stick up for her, that's all. Sorry if it seemed like I meant it the wrong way, I didn't mean to make anyone angry.

buttercup132
03-15-2006, 08:21 PM
I really am sorry she hasn't been found yet, but your posts are conflicting, the first one says she was gone for an hour, and later you say you had already been looking for hours. The reason people posted about why you weren't out looking for her is because you said she had only been gone an hour and here you were online and posting pics with your new dog. Sorry but that is odd to most of us.

In any event I hope you find Alli soon and that she is safe wherever she is at the moment.
Well said!! Your very good at wording things.
I hope she comes home.

Vela
03-15-2006, 08:24 PM
I didn't mean to upset you, and didn't mean that you shoulden't post. I was just trying to stick up for her, that's all. Sorry if it seemed like I meant it the wrong way, I didn't mean to make anyone angry.

Sorry I sounded snappier than I meant to, been a long day. I know you are sticking up for her, but I don't think anyone has said anything trying to hurt her feelings, at least not in the last page of posts. I only reposted what she said to show why some of us were confused by the timing. I know nobody here wishes anything but a good otucome and that Alli comes homes safely as soon as possible.

CathyBogart
03-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Ya know what...Sometimes, Star takes off. And sometimes, if I am not able to chase her down and catch her immediately and I lose sight of her, I go home to recoup and rejuvenate before I go out again. (With extra energy to be able to chase her down)

I'll be sure never to mention it here.

I hope you find Alli soon! Poor baby, SF is a scary place!

dab_20
03-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Sorry I sounded snappier than I meant to, been a long day. I know you are sticking up for her, but I don't think anyone has said anything trying to hurt her feelings, at least not in the last page of posts. I only reposted what she said to show why some of us were confused by the timing. I know nobody here wishes anything but a good otucome and that Alli comes homes safely as soon as possible.

It's ok... my wording kinda came out wrong. Yeah, I never really paid much attention to when she posted and when she said lots of hours when it was only an hour. (if you got that) Your probably right. Sorry for the confusion! I confuse myself sometimes. :rolleyes: lol

sandragonfly
03-15-2006, 10:00 PM
sigh.

if alli's missing - I hope she comes home!

have you started flyers yet? before she could get too far.. :(

alli, do you know where your home is??

prayers!

jesse_3
03-16-2006, 12:04 AM
I was wondering the same thing as Gina...if you haven't made posters yet, I would recommend that you do!

I REALLY hope that you find Alli soon! Everyone here will be keeping their paws crossed for yah!
Stephanie and Jesse

zoomer
03-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Buddy runs away alot, and comes home after a couple of hours, I've never experienced something this long. Prayers and hugs for dog_Pug and Alli!!!!

elizabethann
03-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Any word on Alli?

Catty1
03-18-2006, 11:51 AM
What's the latest? Any sign of Alli?

Catty1

luvofallhorses
03-18-2006, 08:02 PM
update please?

Almita
03-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Yes we would like an update please!

Alysser
03-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Yes, I sure would.

My Peanuts
03-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Did you ever find Alli? I would be so upset if that was one of my dogs.

Lori Jordan
03-27-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm sorry i do not mean too step on anybody's toes but why were you not out that door as soon as you seen the dog take off??? instead of posting you should be out looking for your dog!!!!

elizabethann
03-27-2006, 06:58 PM
This whole thread depresses me because I think of my Neice's 2 pugs. If they ever got out I would be so sick to my stomach and doing everything I can to find them. I just hope Alli has come back and is safe and sound. Please update us!

:( :( :(

Lori Jordan
03-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Any word yet of Ali?

My Peanuts
03-28-2006, 03:00 PM
I find it funny that she refuses to post an update. Something doesn't add up. I see her posting in other threads This is so sad :( It's like she got the puppy and doesn't care about Alli anymore.

Roxyluvsme13
03-28-2006, 03:06 PM
I find it funny that she refuses to post an update. Something doesn't add up. I see her posting in other threads This is so sad :( It's like she got the puppy and doesn't care about Alli anymore.
Exactly...I honestly don't think Alli is lost...

JenBKR
03-28-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm curious too...has anyone PM'd her?

EDIT: I just sent her a PM, so hopefully she'll answer

Anita Cholaine
03-28-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't think she came back to PT... Maybe because Alli's not lost?? I'll PM her, though...

Roxyluvsme13
03-28-2006, 03:41 PM
I don't think she came back to PT... Maybe because Alli's not lost?? I'll PM her, though...
*nod*
If Alli is lost, I wish she would give us an update.

My Peanuts
03-28-2006, 03:53 PM
I'd rather her come on here and say she rehomed her, if that's the case. It's terrible to think a dog is out there lost.

dab_20
03-28-2006, 04:47 PM
I agree. She has posted in other threads, but hasn't bothered to update us.

Miss Z
03-29-2006, 07:18 AM
Actually, she hasn't been on PT since 18th March. I really hope that Ali is found, if indeed Ali was lost.......