PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite conspiracy theory?

Killearn Kitties
03-14-2006, 04:57 AM
I couldn't stop thinking about conspiracy theories yesterday, after the one about the moon landing being mentioned. There are, of course, dozens of conspiracy theories out there, but my favourite was always the Paul McCartney is dead theory. I've even heard an interview on the radio with a man who swears he was in the operating theatre the night Paul McCartney died 40 years ago.

Here is the "evidence". Death Clues (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A277328)

So what is your favourite?

Pawsitive Thinking
03-14-2006, 05:16 AM
That Elvis is alive and well and riding around on Shergar!

Killearn Kitties
03-14-2006, 05:29 AM
Shergar better have strong legs! Elvis wasn't (isn't?) jockey-sized.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-14-2006, 05:42 AM
Lol :D

JenBKR
03-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Good idea! My favorite is probably that the Holocaust never happened - it just blows my mind that people actually believe that!

Muddy4paws
03-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Im very interested in the JFK conspiracy, I dont know too much but what I do know its just very weird

lady_zana
03-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Good idea! My favorite is probably that the Holocaust never happened - it just blows my mind that people actually believe that!

I have to agree with you there - me and my husband were discussing that....some people don't believe it really happened "because the numbers aren't accurate." My word! - what some people will believe!

There was recently, in the news, a man in Europe who was publishing books with his reasons that the Holocaust wasn't real......I remember reading that he said that the people in 'concentration camps' (in quotes because he didn't believe they were concentration camps) died of TB and were not murdered. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I was shocked that anyone could truly believe the Holocaust never happened.

beeniesmom
03-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Aliens that the Government hide.

Edwina's Secretary
03-14-2006, 10:48 AM
I would have to agree with the alien. That they have landed and the government is hiding them in New Mexico.

Although any worldwide -- take over the world theory would be on my list. We can't even agree on what to eat...

Barbara
03-14-2006, 10:59 AM
I never heard about that alien theory. If it means that all our politicians are hidden aliens I'd tell you that is not a theory -it's the truth ;)

beeniesmom
03-14-2006, 11:02 AM
I never heard about that alien theory. If it means that all our politicians are hidden aliens I'd tell you that is not a theory -it's the truth ;)

oh yes, look at this: http://www.gl.iit.edu/wadc/history/Roswell/Book.pdf

Killearn Kitties
03-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Why is it that alien spaceships always land in the United States? I mean I know it's a big country and all, but in global terms it's not that big. Has the government erected some sort of beacon to attract them?

Edwina's Secretary
03-14-2006, 11:30 AM
During the Cold War the US government built an alien landing location in Roswell, New Mexico. The government wanted to beat the Soviets in the Alien Landing Race (ALR) to prove our superiority.

The thinking was if the aliens had a nice place to land....good restaurants...showers...entertainment.... they would be more likely to come here.

Sorry KK....in alien accomodations...the US is hard to beat.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-14-2006, 11:37 AM
During the Cold War the US government built an alien landing location in Roswell, New Mexico. The government wanted to beat the Soviets in the Alien Landing Race (ALR) to prove our superiority.

The thinking was if the aliens had a nice place to land....good restaurants...showers...entertainment.... they would be more likely to come here.

Wasn't Roswell, NM where the Alien space ship crashed and the government scooped up the wreckage? I've heard at least one Alien survived and spent some time in the White House for a while. I think he slept in the Lincoln bedroom. Maybe he's still there? (that would certainly explain a lot of things) ;) :D

Killearn Kitties
03-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Oh this is just so ... so ... so ... American of you! What is wrong with our restaurants, our showers, our entertainment??? Clearly Europe needs to work on its ALR rating. We can't get left behind! We need more aliens!

slick
03-14-2006, 11:54 AM
:D :D This is just so entertaining. Just ask Gini.....she has put up many aliens over the past couple of years. And what about you ES....was I not alien enough for you??? ;)

KK, I'll put on my alien costume and be on the next plane to Scotland. ;)

MOFF, you've got me rollling in the aisles... :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Wasn't Roswell, NM where the Alien space ship crashed and the government scooped up the wreckage? I've heard at least one Alien survived and spent some time in the White House for a while. I think he slept in the Lincoln bedroom. Maybe he's still there? (that would certainly explain a lot of things) ;) :D
Actually, he's living at my house! Really! The aliens crashed in Roswell in 1947 and that's when Terry was "born." Too much of a coincidence for me. Doesn't help that he swears he's from another planet, sent here to study humans. His home planet has even tracked us in the motorhome a few times! :eek: I know it's true because around the full moon every month, he gets rather testy. He claims it's because of the full moon, but I KNOW it's that the full moon allows the radio waves from his home planet to break through our atmosphere and that's when they communicate with him. He gets testy because he's afraid I will discover what's really going on and I won't want to live with an alien so I'll leave him.

You guys laugh....but it's all true...I swear!

My favorite conspiracy is one I heard just a few weeks ago. I can't explain much about it because it's really all top secret and if I tell you about it I'll have to kill you! ;) :p :D

Killearn Kitties
03-14-2006, 12:39 PM
So, let me get this straight, when Terry was cranking that handle at the mission, is that what operates the homing beacon?

Edwina's Secretary
03-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Karen....if you really want to attract aliens you must have accomodations for all sorts. They are not all able to assume human form. So that explains our obsession with bathrooms....and kingsized beds. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

beeniesmom
03-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Oh this is just so ... so ... so ... American of you! What is wrong with our restaurants, our showers, our entertainment??? Clearly Europe needs to work on its ALR rating. We can't get left behind! We need more aliens!

Don't take it like that.
I LOVE EUROPE! I wish I was still living there.
I'm sure the aliens would love it too! :p

Killearn Kitties
03-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Don't take it like that.
I LOVE EUROPE! I wish I was still living there.
I'm sure the aliens would love it too! :p
Oops! Just so we are all clear. I said that as a joke. I knew ES would take it that way. I would never have used the word "American" as an insult - on any website - not just on an American one. Honestly! :D :D

I'm sure aliens love it in Europe too. I think Barbara and MOFF are right about aliens posing as politicians!

beeniesmom
03-14-2006, 01:54 PM
I said that as a joke.

I know silly! :p

Killearn Kitties
03-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Oh that's OK! Phew, just in case ...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-14-2006, 02:02 PM
So, let me get this straight, when Terry was cranking that handle at the mission, is that what operates the homing beacon?
OMG, Karen, shush! Can't be revealing ALL his secrets!

However.....makes me wonder about you.....only a few select people would have recognized what he was doing.....maybe there are more aliens in Europe than you're letting on..... :confused:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-14-2006, 02:40 PM
I hear tell we have lots of aliens coming across our borders without permission. Which do you want: northern aliens or southern ones? :eek:

Edwina's Secretary
03-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Karen....sleep well tonight! I just saw, on the Jon Stewart's show.....thast Europe is planning on a lunar launch! That should attract some aliens your way.....

Lady's Human
03-14-2006, 02:57 PM
The aliens love the US's wide open spaces, that way they can land and talk to farmers and find people who are living out in the open (a la Teddy Kaczynski) and reveal themselves to them, instead of visiting the seat of government and starting an exchange of info. They wouldn't need to anyway, being that they are really running things anyway! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Karen....sleep well tonight! I just saw, on the Jon Stewart's show.....thast Europe is planning on a lunar launch! That should attract some aliens your way.....
Seee.....it's the moon thing. ;)

RICHARD
03-15-2006, 01:34 AM
My fave?

That the So Cal BBQ is nothing but debauchery, wanton drinking and wild stories that are too crazy to be posted here! ;)

Edwina's Secretary
03-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Why is it that alien spaceships always land in the United States?

Karen, have you forgotten about the crop circles and other exotic designs mowed in farmers' crops all across Europe??? They have to land those buzz saw like space ships somewhere to refuel!

I believe it is another of those Lost in Translation things between speakers of American and speakers of English (like whiskey/whisky or boot/trunk.) In Europe they are called Alien Landing Pads and can be found southeast of the UK!

Barbara
03-15-2006, 09:49 AM

I had the impression that my home attracted quite some aliens in the last year. Even American ones. Especially at Christkindlmarkt time :p

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 09:52 AM
I don't really have a favorite. :rolleyes:
All I have to say about this thread is ROFLMBO! :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-15-2006, 09:56 AM
That brings me to another questions....(which came to me in the middle of the night...)

Is ALIEN the politically correct word now. Weren't they called MARTIANS??? (as in My Favorite Martian.)

ramanth
03-15-2006, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't say Alien is more politically correct. Back then, it was assumed Aliens would come from Mars so they were dubbed Martians.

Since it's obvious the universe is much much larger (water was just discovered on one of Saturn's moon), it's better to use the term Alien rather than Martians.

:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Makes sense, Kimmy, however, in today's world, Alien means so many different things. If you say "The Aliens have landed." does that mean the aliens from outerspace, or the aliens from Cuba? :confused: The same goes if you say "The Aliens have landed in their ship." Now if you say "The Aliens have landed in their spaceship." well, no confusion there. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
03-15-2006, 10:44 AM
I had the impression that my home attracted quite some aliens in the last year. Even American ones. Especially at Christkindlmarkt time :p

Perhaps your proximity to the Alien Landing Pads?????

Killearn Kitties
03-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Calling aliens "little green men" would however be politically incorrect on so many levels!

Cataholic
03-15-2006, 01:23 PM

WAIT a moment...are you talking about Aliens, here? I don't wanna no nuthin' about Terry crankin' some handle... :eek:

Killearn Kitties
03-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Crop circles!! Of course! How could I have forgotten about them? I really lack the necessary paranoia to do this conspiracy theory stuff well. I'm just not good at it.

A few years ago I was staying in a hotel that was also hosting a convention for people who studied crop circles. :eek: I overheard some interesting conversations in the dining room, I can tell you!

Don Juan's mom
03-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Well, I'm sharing my home with two small furry extraterrestrials.

Think about it. Would any animal of Terran origin be capable of enslaving us? And making us love our enslavement? ;)

But as far as conspiracy theories go, I'd have to go with the JFK assassination as my favorite. Think about it. This is the same government that came up with all kinds of wacky plans to assassinate Fidel Castro, and that couldn't keep the lid on the Watergate burglary or the illegal eavesdropping of overseas phone calls by the NSA. (Just think of the poor Federal employees who had to listen to thousands of Silicon Valley engineers calling their moms in India.) And they managed to keep a Presidential assassination nary-a-peep secret for over forty years?

I have two theories about it that I love:

1) The "two kooks" theory (my own invention): Lee Harvey Oswald and the guy on the grassy knoll were working completely independently of each other. The guy on the grassy knoll was gunning for Kennedy in the hopes of impressing Hayley Mills.

2) One that Mad Magazine came up with: Aristotle Onassis had JFK bumped off so he could marry Jackie. This one has the virtue of plausibility, which makes it superior to most of the others.

OK, I'll get back to work now. :rolleyes:

Liz

carole
03-15-2006, 06:44 PM
I have not read all the replys but mine is a tad different, i swear there is a conspiracy at the local supermarket against me, everytime i find a product i really enjoy eating low and behold they stop bringing it in to the supermarket, lol, anyone else feel this way. Hubby and I joke that there is someone spying on me and finding out what i enjoy and then saying ha ha we wont bring it anymore that will fix her. :D

LoudLou
03-16-2006, 04:04 AM
I have not read all the replys but mine is a tad different, i swear there is a conspiracy at the local supermarket against me, everytime i find a product i really enjoy eating low and behold they stop bringing it in to the supermarket, lol, anyone else feel this way. Hubby and I joke that there is someone spying on me and finding out what i enjoy and then saying ha ha we wont bring it anymore that will fix her. :D

You mean I'm NOT alone anymore!!!! Some how I think there is a Parallel Universe out there that holds all the stuff we like that the stores/ company quit selling/ making... and I'm sure all my Lost Socks are enjoying it there too!

ramanth
03-16-2006, 12:02 PM
I believe it was a full moon last night. ;) :D :D

cyber-sibes
03-16-2006, 09:30 PM
LOL! Great thread! My favorite is that the "Greys" screwed with our genetics a milion years ago -- I have a friend who is an otherwise intelligent person, but he REALLY REALLY believes this and that just cracks me up! oh, and the Greys are still arriving here on Earth via some interdimensional warp, too. :rolleyes:

*iluvskipper*
03-16-2006, 09:31 PM
whats a conspiracy theory? :confused:

dab_20
03-16-2006, 09:37 PM
whats a conspiracy theory? :confused:

I'm pretty sure it's just a weird theory that some people made up.

I don't have a favorite but all the one's you all mentioned are hilarious! It's weird some people acctually believe them!

Lady's Human
03-16-2006, 09:48 PM
A conspiracy theory is basically someone/something trying to cover up what REALLY happened and get people to believe their version of the facts.

For instance:

Some people believe that Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK. (The official version of the story, fact as we know it)

The conspiracy theory version of that is that LHO was set up, he really wasn't the trigger man who shot JFK, but that the CIA (or the Mafia, or the Irish Mafia) had him assasinated.

The examples are endless, and involve everything from the Masons, the CIA end the Illuminati to mysterious aliens.

Killearn Kitties
03-17-2006, 08:50 AM
A row has blown up here in the last few days regarding funding for political parties. It has emerged that the party currently in government has accepted loans from wealthy individuals, worth millions of pounds, and then subsequently nominated those individuals for peerages (OBEs, knighthoods and the like).

There was a man on the radio this morning talking about the published accounts and saying that it seems to be impossible to determine where this money has gone. Then he clearly said “it seems to have passed into a parallel universe!”

So now we know. Not only are the aliens running things, but as well as passing socks and popular supermarket products back to their home planet, they are making off with our money too! Where will it end?

Pawsitive Thinking
03-17-2006, 08:54 AM
So reassuring to know that country is in safe hands at last!

cyber-sibes
03-17-2006, 07:52 PM
So now we know. Not only are the aliens running things, but as well as passing socks and popular supermarket products back to their home planet, they are making off with our money too! Where will it end?
some people (people in the "know" ;) ) say it'll end on Artuvia. or was it Vega?
Whatever, :rolleyes:
but it will be somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away!

zippy-kat
03-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Wasn't Roswell, NM where the Alien space ship crashed and the government scooped up the wreckage?

That'd be us or, well, my "neighbors" I guess! Technically, I think Corona, NM was the closest town but the remains were taken to Roswell (military base). (Ya know, why weren't those remains taken to a better equiped facility??)

Roswell is approximately 2 hrs from here and they are VERY proud of their aliens. The street lights are alien heads, there's a UFO museum and research center (http://iufomrc.com/tour/), alien gift shops galore, etc etc etc.

Come to think of it, didn't they de-classify some Area 51 documents fairly recently? I think they did.

Since it's close to home (and I can't think of another off hand), I'll claim this one as my favorite. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited to add... I'm post 51... and responding to an Area 51 question...

Perhaps this is a form of mind control? :eek: Or perhaps I'm really an alien? :eek: Guess you'll never know, huh? ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Edited to add... I'm post 51... and responding to an Area 51 question...

Perhaps this is a form of mind control? :eek: Or perhaps I'm really an alien? :eek: Guess you'll never know, huh? ;)

Oooohhhh, creepy!

Terry and I visited Roswell one year on our Christmas trip. This was before the motorhome, otherwise we could have camped out somewhere and possibly have been abducted! :eek: We visited that museum. Some of it was kind of hokey, but seeing as Terry was actually visiting some of his relatives, it was kind of a somber visit. ;)