PDA

View Full Version : Not Pet Related, but Lovely

Logan
04-22-2002, 12:14 PM
I thought this was timely and special. I got it from another site I am a member of. I hope you will enjoy the story.

A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which he carried across his neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it, while the other pot was perfect and
always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of each long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot always arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water to his house.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.

After 2 yrs of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the
water bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you. I have been able to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you don't get full value from your efforts," the pot said.

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you've watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Moral:

Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take each person for what they are, and look for the good in them.

Fuzzy317
04-22-2002, 01:04 PM
I like that story. It is pet related. Each person and each pet is a "cracked pot" at times.

Thanks for sharing. :D

Daisylover
04-22-2002, 01:05 PM
That's wonderfuL!!! Thank you for sharing.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-22-2002, 01:44 PM
It is lovely! It's nice to be reminded that though we are all cracked pots, we are still special!:)

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-22-2002, 01:52 PM
I loved that story! It was great!

jennifert
04-22-2002, 02:02 PM
Lovely story Logan. Thanks for sharing...

I get called a crackpot all the time....hmmm.

Logan
04-22-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317
I like that story. It is pet related. Each person and each pet is a "cracked pot" at times.

Thanks for sharing. :D

You are exactly right, Fuzzy, it is Pet related....guess that's why I thought to post it here in the first place. We don't always understand the "hows" and "whys", but even our "cracked pot" selves do the best we can, don't we??

I think the world of all of you. :)

lynnestankard
04-22-2002, 02:44 PM
Lovely tale Logan - many thanks for thinking of us and posting it - much appreciated:) :)

Lynne

LoudLou
04-22-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Logan
......You've just got to take each person for what they are, and look for the good in them.

This is SO True! Thanks so much for sharing this with us all, Logan. What a great story!!!:D

RachelJ
04-22-2002, 07:59 PM
And you can mentally substitute *furkids* for *kids*.

I'VE NEVER MADE A FORTUNE
AND IT'S PROBABLY TOO LATE NOW.
BUT I DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT MUCH, I'M HAPPY ANYHOW.
AS I GO ALONG LIFE'S JOURNEY,
I'M REAPING BETTER THAN I SOWED.
I'M DRINKING FROM MY SAUCER
"CAUSE MY CUP HAS OVERFLOWED.
AIN'T GOT A LOT OF RICHES.
SOMETIMES THE GOING GETS SO
ROUGH, BUT I GOT KIDS THAT LOVE ME, AND THAT MAKES ME RICH ENOUGH. I
JUST THANK GOD FOR
HIS BLESSINGS, AND THE MERCY HE'S BESTOWED.
AND KEEP DRINKING FROM MY SAUCER 'CAUSE MY CUP HAS OVER-
FLOWED.
I REMEMBER TIMES WHEN THINGS WENT WRONG, AND MY FAITH GOT
A LITTLE THIN
BUT THEN ALL AT ONCE, THE DARK CLOUDS BROKE AND THE SUN BROKE THROUGH
AGAIN.
SO LORD, HELP ME NOT TO GRIPE
ABOUT THE TOUGH ROWS I HAVE HOED.
I'M DRINKING FROM MY SAUCER 'CAUSE MY CUP HAS OVERFLOWED.
IF GOD GIVES ME STRENGTH AND COURAGE
WHEN THE WAY GETS STEEP AND ROUGH
I WON'T ASK FOR OTHER BLESSINGS,
I'M ALREADY BLESSED ENOUGH.
AND, MAY I NEVER BE TOO BUSY
TO HELP ANOTHER BEAR HIS LOAD.
THEN I'LL KEEP ON DRINKING FROM
MY SAUCER
'CAUSE MY CUP HAS OVERFLOWED.

Author unknown.

Logan
04-23-2002, 05:28 AM
Amen, Rachel. A very nice addition. :)

Gio
04-23-2002, 07:26 AM
Lovely stories, I really needed something like this today as I'm having a horrendeous day at work!

gini
04-23-2002, 11:17 AM
What a beautiful story, Logan, thank you! A very timely one too.