PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new

2nakedcats
03-13-2006, 12:45 AM
Hi everyone! I am new here, and I'm a cat lover. Actually, if you asked my husband, he would tell you I am borderline certified crazy cat lady!! :D That's okay though :)

A little about me, I am owned by the my wonderful fur-less kids: the Sphynx! I live in Anchorage, Alaska and I'm married with two beautiful boys. My number one hobby revolves entirely around my cats: I'm very much into feline genetics, linechasing, and showing my cats. I show mainly in TICA. I've met some WONDERFUL people through the cat fancy, and sadly, I've met some downright horrible ones as well. I try not to think about those ones. :(

While I am owned by purebreds, I still open my heart to the less fortunate ferals who reside in my neighborhood. There are 9 ferals that I've been taking care of for the past 3 years, since I moved to our new home. I've been feeding them, and set up shelters for them for the winter months. I've gotten some great ideas from other feral fanciers, and enjoy tending to my little friends. There is only one, a tabby & white, that will allow me to get close enough to pet. Everyone else runs if I open the door, so I am left to taking pictures of them through windows :)

Well, I look forward to meeting y'all and hope I can share any experiences, etc if needed!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-13-2006, 03:34 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/zz.jpg
Welcome to Pet Talk!!

Welcome to this great forum!! We are all dedicated petlovers here, so I have no doubt that you will love it here! I see you didn't find the thread for "introductions" ;) -> it is on "Other" :)
Don't forget to post pics , cause we all love those here ;)

Oh, I am Lut, Maya & Inka's Mommy on the forum, and I am owned by 4 gorgeous cats, Maya, Inka, Zazou & Snoopy. Feel free to visit my web-site for more pics and info about my pets :) : The Pet's House (users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/)

orangemm
03-13-2006, 04:56 AM
Welcome! It's good to have newcomers here (means MORE pictures!).

How wonderful of you to care for those homeless kitties. I'm sure they appreciate the food and shelter, even if they don't appear to be grateful!

It's nice to meet someone who actually shows cats; I've only been an observer, even tho I went to many cat shows. You're right, most of the folks were very nice and patient, explaining things if I asked. (NEVER TOUCH, though)

Hope to hear more about you, your family, and your two furbabies, of course!

jenluckenbach
03-13-2006, 06:17 AM
WELCOME

I will be very anxious to hear (and see) more about your kitties.

I have 16 cats of my own and foster cats for a local no-kill rescue group.

K & L
03-13-2006, 07:10 AM
Welcome! I think you're going to love it here. I own 25 cats and care for 2 seperate feral colonies one totally around 35-40 cats and the other I'm not quite sure the total, but I've TNR'd around 30 now. Keep up the good work. I hope you're getting your ferals spay/neutered! :)

catnapper
03-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Welcome! This is a great community and I know you'll love it here - but watch out - its addictive!

I have 5 cats and one dog. All my cats are tabbies and I hope to one day get that elusive black on black tabby (or as the general population calls it: a black cat) I volunteer for a rescue and seem ot be absolutely terrible at fostering because they seem to never leave :o

Felix
03-13-2006, 09:04 AM
Welcome to PT.You are going to LOVE it here.*Warning*Its highly addictive :p My name is Marlaina and I a owned by my 1 year old tabbie male cat Felix.You can see and learn more about him in the links below. :)

rosethecopycat
03-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Welcome.

I love the *nekkid* babies. You need to get some pictures up soon. :)

I have one Tuxedo, and 3 Siamese (one who won't shut up)

And I foster for siameserescue.org

:D

catmandu
03-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Welcome To Pet Talk.
There Are 14 Found Cats Here,and I Too Have Ferals That Come Around For Food,and Have Taken Pictures Through Windows Of The Frightened Ones Many Times.
We Look Forward To Seeing Your Wonderful Companions .
If You Are Cat Crazy,you Have Come To The Right Place.

kuhio98
03-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Welcome! I also live in Anchorage (currently at work in Prudhoe -- shhh, don't tell the boss). I can't wait to learn more about your naked kitties. Don't they get cold? I am currently owned by 3 rescues. Halo came from the pound and Cammie (found in Denali) and Pepper are from the no-kill shelter (Adopt-a-Cat). Kuhio passed away in 2002 after 17 wonderful years together. But, she's always in my heart.
Also, in case no one has mentioned it yet, we love PICTURES!

Laura's Babies
03-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Wow! WELCOME to Pet Talk, the most happening pet board on the internet (at least it is to us!) We can't wait to see your babies so get to posting!! To help you along, here is the link to posting pictures. http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406

I have 4 wonderful companions, Chester, Amy, Giz and Samantha who are just the sweetiest companions a person could want.

krazyaboutkatz
03-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Welcome to PT!!! :) You'll find that it's a very friendly and informative place but also highly addictive too. :) I'm owned by 4 male cats and 1 female cat. Storm and Sky came from the Humane Society and Sunny and Starr came from rescue groups and my little girl Pearl was rescued by another Pet Talker. I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your 2 furkids. :)

Sonia59
03-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Welcome to PT! I am Sonia and I am the servant (especially to give food, open doors, etc.) of Peppito, my big tabby boy of 8 years old, and Jasmine, my little 6 month-old black Princess.

I hope you will get addicted to PT soon, which also means that we will see many pics of your "naked" :D :D

kimlovescats
03-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Welcome to PT! I currently have 21 cats of my own and continually rescue and adopt out kitties! I run my own in-home cat rescue and also work closely with another of the same in a nearby town.

We have only one other nekkid kitty owner here, who will be thrilled to hear about your babies! Her name is Donna (Moosmom)! I hope you love it here as much as I do!

Kim :)

kb2yjx
03-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Welcome to PT!!! I live in NJ with 8 cats!!! Cannot to see photos of your cats!

momcat
03-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Welcome to PT! :D Happy to have you aboard. You're going to love it here before you know it. So many nice folks! Sometimes you'll laugh, sometimes you'll cry, and at times you'll get so angry. No matter what question you may ask about your kitties, it's guaranteed that some PTers will have the answer. I'm currently owned by Groucho, a sweet and friendly black and white who will be 5 years old on March 28. Groucho lets my son and I live in the house. Also, he's romantically involved with Inka. I look forward to hearing from you soon. By the way, pictures are are always welcome but there is a mandatory cuteness warning that must be included with the thread.

Felicia's Mom
03-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I am owned by 2 cats Felicia and Beau. You can see them in my signature below.

moosmom
03-13-2006, 07:55 PM
WELCOME 2NAKEDCATS!!!!!

This is me and my "Shooman" MooShoo.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/meandmoo.jpg

MooShoo is a purebred Sphynx rescue from a bad breeder. That's why his eyes are so bad. He and his littermates had a herpes virus in their eyes and the breeder failed to treat it, causing scar tissue to form on their corneas. He is blind in his right eye and has partial vision in his left. I love him like a son.

You show in TICA??? My friend is a judge in the TICA org. She shows her Abby's too. I also have a friend from Florida who is a Sphynx breeder. I met her at a CFF show. Before I moved to CT, I was going to adopt another rescue Sphynx (a girlfriend for MooShoo). Unfortunately, I lost my job and didn't feel I could care for another cat. I showed Moo in the Household Pet category. He hammed it up with the judges and got his "Regal" title. I tried showing him last year and he had had enough so now he's just my main squeeze.

Still can't. 3 of my 4 cats are rescues. I also have a Munchkin rescue from another bad breeder (she's actually part of the TICA org). She kept my Shortie Girl in a cage the first year of her life, with no human or feline interaction. She was one scared baby. Now, she's happy as a clam and very lovable around me. She takes off when I have people over though.

So, welcome to PT!! I'd LOVE to see pictures of your handsome boys!!! :D Maybe I'll see you at a TICA show sometime.

2nakedcats
03-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome! I will post pictures when I get some more time. I am a full-time mom around the clock to my human children and my kitties! I also do websites, which is really fun for me.

Mooshoo, your sphynx boy is just precious! I am so sad to hear about his eyes. I can probably guess the breeder he came from. The Sphynx world isn't so big, and most of us know who the bad people are and who to warn pet buyers to stay away from. I've heard so many devastating stories, and it absolutely INFURIATES me that people can be so...cold hearted.

I hope the breeder you got your baby from was shut down, have her cattery registration pulled, legal charges the whole nine. People like that give breeders as a whole a bad reputation. :mad:

What region do you show in? I show in the Northwest Region. I am also the Secretary for the Alaskats Cat Club (our local TICA sanctioned club), a member of the International Sphynx Society. While my name may not be among the BIGGEST names in the sphynx world, I feel I do my best to contribute what I can for the breed :D

2nakedcats
03-14-2006, 12:03 AM
OH I forgot to ask, who is the breeder you know in Florida? I know a couple down there ;)

rg_girlca
03-14-2006, 02:54 PM
A very warm Welcome to Pet Talk 2 nakedcats.

I'm glad that you got to meet our famous Mooshoo. Isn't he a darling. :D

Looking forward to reading more posts from you and of course looking forward to seeing pictures of your, as we call them, nekkid kitties. :)

heidiv
03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Welcome to PT. I am owned by three cats 1 snowshoe siamese, an orange tabby and a calico. Names are Chloe, Tucker and Mopar. This site is amazing on all of the knowledge that most of these people are able to provide. Everyone is very welcoming and the pictures of all of the kitties are great. This site is the reason I have opened my doors to foster care. In fact I am getting my first foster on Thurday. I have to thank all of these people for the advice that they have provided. It has made me a much more rounded, giving person knowing how much compashion a few people can have when we all have one thing in common. I love this place!!!! Oh yeah and its very addicting, in a good way!! :D

moosmom
03-14-2006, 06:22 PM
2NekkidBoys,

Thanks for the compliment. MooShoo really is special. The Sphynx breed is THE most unique breed I have ever been owned by. He LOVES going for rides in the car when it's warm out. He is a real people cat, love the attention shown to him, and also attracts it when I take him to the pet store.

I'm SURE you can guess the breeder. Her initials are L.B. (PM me with her name and I'll tell you if you're right) and she is a cello player. (Does Rinkurl Cattery ring a bell??) She USED to breed out of NY till we did the rescue of MooShoo and some of the other babies she neglected. Out of the 5 we rescued, MooShoo and one other nekkid baby, Pixel, were the only survivors. All the others dies of FIP. She was also a judge who was put on 5 years probation. She left her Mom, who had Alzheimer's, in charge of her cats while she flitted off to judge a cat show in Canada!! :mad: They found her mother wandering the streets. From what I've been told, she is now living (and I'm SURE breeding again) somewhere in the Seattle area. Her 5 year probation is up this year. God help us all!!! I spoke to a few judges the last time I showed MooShoo and they said they all heard the horror story of our rescue. The were appalled and said they hoped she wouldn't start breeding again. The living conditions in her home were absolutely disgusting! I won't go into details but she should've been shut down long before that. She definitely should have been charged with animal neglect and cruelty.

Anyhoo, it's so nice meeting you!! Look forward to seeing you post on PT and pictures of your nekkid kids. Aren't they the best?????