PDA

View Full Version : hair dye

CagneyDog
03-12-2006, 05:29 PM
I’ve decided that I’m going to dye my hair over spring break. I’d like it to be purple…or blue. The problem is that most dyes stay in for 3-6 weeks and I can’t have that. I’m looking for a dye that will only last 2-3. [or less, if possible]. Does anyone have any recommendations of which brand of dye I should use?
Any tips or things I should know about? :p

MariaM
03-12-2006, 06:55 PM
There's one kind, I can't remember what it is, like L'Oreal or something maybe. It's just a mousse that supposedly stays in for 8 washes. Haven't tried it though.

G.P.girl
03-12-2006, 07:06 PM
I dont really know about brands or anything, but i know that if you wantcolor out faster you are supposed to wash your hair with dish soap...I dont know how it will affect your hair softness or whatever though.

Daisy and Delilah
03-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Can you post some pics of it? That would be cool ;)

CagneyDog
03-12-2006, 08:57 PM
I will if I get it done. I'm kind of nervous about doing it :p :o Plus I need to time how long it will stay in for because my teachers will snap if I had bright blue hair >.< :p

Roxyluvsme13
03-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Bright blue hair would be awesome! :D
But seriously, there's some certain stuff that like comes out in 8 washes...Just check the hair dye isle :p

sammy101
03-12-2006, 09:57 PM
theres THIS (http://www.lorealparisusa.com/haircolor/colorpulse/index.asp) stuff,but they dont have blue.

CathyBogart
03-13-2006, 03:08 AM
I use Manic Panic, and it usually lasts about 2 weeks for me(starts to fade after about 3 washes, and gradually goes away over a few weeks...looks awesome even when it's fading IMO!), though there's enough in the bottle that I can dye it several times so I can stretch a bottle to last me eight weeks. :) It makes my hair all soft and shiny too!

jackie
03-13-2006, 03:26 AM
If you have fair hair that stuff that is supposed to wash out, never seems to really wash out, and it turns you hair a dingy, dirty colour.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Schartzkopf do a blue tint that is very subtle but it depends on your original hair colour - looks best on very dark hair

CagneyDog
03-13-2006, 06:10 PM
I use Manic Panic, and it usually lasts about 2 weeks for me(starts to fade after about 3 washes, and gradually goes away over a few weeks...looks awesome even when it's fading IMO!), though there's enough in the bottle that I can dye it several times so I can stretch a bottle to last me eight weeks. :) It makes my hair all soft and shiny too!

Thanks, I think I'll use Manic Panic.
Did you bleach your hair beforehand?

CagneyDog
03-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Bumping this up :)

Husky_mom
03-16-2006, 03:58 PM
i once ot mine red, and i´m thinking in getting blue/purple/hot pink highlights soon, i´ve only used permanent colors but i´ve seen some that last less washes, like 2-3, 5-6, 8-something and are called temporals or something or semipermanents but it also depends on your hair color.

i had very light hair when i got red, dark red, and it washed off very fast but i still had a washed out red for a long long time till it finally came off, thats why i want just colred hightlights :p

CathyBogart
03-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks, I think I'll use Manic Panic.
Did you bleach your hair beforehand?

Nope, no bleach!

CagneyDog
03-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Hmm
I'm debating about whether I should bleach it first or not. :confused:

Karen
03-16-2006, 08:22 PM
If you want it to wash out, don't bleach first! Bleaching can make your hair more delicate/brittle and does make it more porous.

binka_nugget
03-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Definitely do not bleach it if you plan on having it wash it. I use semi-permanent hair dyes (Manic Panic and Punky Colors) really often. They've never completely washed out.. but they were easy to fade if the hair wasn't bleached first. It's actually kinda weird.. I find that semi-permanent dyes last a really long time.. much longer than "permanent" hair dyes. When I dyed my hair blue, it lasted for months and months and barely faded.

CagneyDog
03-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Hmm
Do you think it would show up okay if it wasn;'t bleached? My hair is a light brownish

Suki Wingy
03-17-2006, 12:16 PM
oooh, you have the OPPOSite problem as me! I want it to stay in as pong as possible. I use Loreal Colour rays, no pre-bleaching required, lasts about 3-4 months :D Right now it's orange.
For semi perminent (what you need) I would also suggest maniac panic

CathyBogart
03-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Hmm
Do you think it would show up okay if it wasn;'t bleached? My hair is a light brownish

My hair is a medium brown color and it shows up fine. :)

http://pics.livejournal.com/cathybogart/pic/0001hgek
Before

http://pics.livejournal.com/cathybogart/pic/000chyz7/s640x480
After

Here's a link to info about dying unbleached hair:
http://haircrazy.info/index.php?menu_id=1&article=83