PDA

View Full Version : Knitting...

yumyum6970
04-22-2002, 07:02 AM
Have you ever tried to knit and your kitty tries to attack the yarn?

I tried to do this over the weekend, and Yum Yum would lay one paw on my leg and try to grab the yarn...It was so funny cause I would keep telling her no and she would look at me and try again! :D

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Nomilynn
04-22-2002, 10:16 AM
Playing with the knitting was Bassett's favourite way to bug my grandmother when Nanny was still alive! In particular, Bassett loves to take the knitting out of the bag and strew it about the house so Nan would have a lovely task in the morning when she woke up! :rolleyes:

lynnestankard
04-22-2002, 02:20 PM
Yep all our cats through the ages have been - knitting nuts - whenever my friend comes to stay - she used to bring her knitting - NO MORE!! - we got so fed up of untangling wool!!!:D :eek: :confused:
The pussy cats loved the play involved though!!

Lynne

Ann
04-23-2002, 08:01 AM
Not knitting, but when I cross-stich Ollie will always try attacking the string. And when I tell him not to he will just come and lie in my lap so I can't sew anymore >_<

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-23-2002, 10:47 AM
Corcheting too. I don't knit, but I'll crochet the occassional blanket and Tubby and Peanut just love it. The only problem is, but the time I'm done with it, it's all full of cat hair! :rolleyes:

My mom does a lot of quilting and sewing and her cat is a real good helper with that too. It's funny, because after he gets to go out for about 5 minutes in the morning, he normally will come in and be dead to the world on the couch all day! But when she starts quilting or sewing, next thing you know he's right there helping. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-23-2002, 10:50 AM
As a matter of fact, here's a picture of Peanut inspecting the handiwork on the quilt my Grandma made for me.

AmberLee
04-23-2002, 09:11 PM
What a GORGEOUS quilt!! I'm envious of your grandmother's talent. I've tried quilting and just don't have the patience for it. I do find crochetting (sp?) very soothing though ... or at least I do when I'm not fighting Cassy away from the yarn. Periodically he decides he must 'rescue' me from this slim attacker. It usually calms him if I tell him that he is handsome and brave fur-baby and that I am making a blanket for a skin-baby. (Anyone listening to me talk to my cats would commit me in a moment! :rolleyes: :eek: ;) ) Is your grandmother still living and able to quilt?

lynnestankard
04-24-2002, 05:03 AM
It is a beautiful quilt T&P - has it been handed down to you or made specifically for you? I've had a try at quilting and well........lets not go there!!!! I know when something is beyond me!!LOL. I'll stay with cross-stitching!!!!
I don't suppose you have a close up of the quilt do you?:D :D
I'd love to see it in detail.

Lynne

lynnestankard
04-24-2002, 05:05 AM
EEEEEEKKKK - I'd just posted my last and I noticed 619 posts - good grief how did I get there - maybe being a blabbermouth had something to do with it - I'm gob smacked!!!!:eek: :eek:

Lynne

yumyum6970
04-24-2002, 06:47 AM
That is a beautiful quilt. I have a precious moments quilt that my grandma handstitched and I don't dare let my kitties on it cause they will mess it up :)

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-24-2002, 01:02 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments about the quilt. :) No, unfortunately my Grandma is not around anymore, but she lived to the ripe old age of 88 and had a good life, and died peacefully so we couldn't ask for anymore. She made quilts for all the female grandchildren, that she gave them when they got married. Well, she was getting old, and my getting married wasn't looking like it was going to happen, so she gave it to my Mom to hold for me. After my Grandma died my Mom gave me the quilt as it still wasn't looking like marriage was coming my way anytime soon - and still doesn't ;)

But, back to the quilt. My Grandma did hand down her love of quilting to her daughters (my Dad's Sisters) and my Mom. My Mom has made a few really nice ones since she really started getting into it, including one for my only niece. I would like to check it out, but there's just no time right now. I'm thinking about saving it for a retirement project. :rolleyes:

But to make this pet related, you can see that Peanut approves of the quilt, and she loves laying on top of her Daddy, who is usually under the quilt. :) Oh, and Peanut is about 1 year old in that picture so I've had the quilt for quite a few years now. Good thing my Grandma didn't stick with the getting married deal. :D

Former User
04-24-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
maybe being a blabbermouth had something to do with it

You, blabbermouth? Nah... ;)

lynnestankard
04-24-2002, 03:55 PM
Niina - LOL LOL!!!

T&P - thanks for the lovely story re; your quilt - quite touched my heart. Your so lucky to have that wonderful quilt.

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-24-2002, 05:08 PM
Thanks, Lynne. I think so too. :)