PDA

View Full Version : There are demons in my computer...

moosmom
03-12-2006, 12:02 PM
I worked 8 straight hours on my feet all day yesterday at BB&B. It was VERY busy because of the beautiful weather. All the YOUNGER employees called out, so we were VERY short staffed. Got no break or lunch, THAT'S how crazy it was. I come home to relax, soak my feet and go online for a while, since they shut off my cellphone for a lousy $74 (after making payment arrangements for this coming Thursday).

I get the "Blue Screen of Death". After a dozen tries of rebooting, (picture it, me on all 4's trying to fix a problem I had no idea what I was looking for, sort of like an addict on the floor looking for little white specks, if you catch my drift), I gave up for the night. I was SO desperate for PT. Talk about a bad mood when I couldn't get on. :mad: I felt totally isolated!!

I tried again this morning. After an hour, I don't know what happened, but it worked. I'm here now, but don't know for how long. If you don't hear from me for a few days or whatever, don't panic, it's because my computer finally crapped out. I'm in desperate need of a new one, as mine is 11 years old and has been fixed twice. It's time for this sucker to go to the Bridge, and with my blessing!!!! :mad:

Hi! My name is Donna aka Moosmom and I'm a SERIOUS PT addict!! :p

carole
03-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Sorry to hear this Donna, if only you lived here, hubby would have your computer fixed free in no time, fingers and paws crossed it does not leave for the computer RB just yet, until you can afford an upgrade, yes i can just imagine the picture you on all fours looking for something to fix it and having no idea what he he, hang on in there computer, Donna needs her daily fix of PT, from one addict to another, you have my deepest empathy. :)

moosmom
03-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Carole,

Thanks! You gave me a laugh for the day. I really needed that!!!

G535
03-12-2006, 06:56 PM
If the computer's eleven years old then it's no wonder it has a few demons, although it must have been good once if it's only been fixed twice in that time. If you only use it for internet and office type stuff you should get a used one, they're dirt cheap now, two would be better as you'd have a spare. I have a few spares here but it would cost as much (or more) than a new one to ship it over there! :)

Laura's Babies
03-12-2006, 07:01 PM
I been off line all afternoon, router problems... that darn thing seem to trip itself off for NO reason a LOT! I just disconnected and am now without my router for my laptop.. Oh well, that's OK... Mike might be a little put out since we was able to hook into it at his house to get online.. I might try it again later but I am on, getting MY PT fix for now so I am happieeeeee!

Helllo, My name is Laura and I am also a Pet Talk Junkie, Welcome to our support group. :rolleyes:

moosmom
03-12-2006, 07:23 PM
I think we need a PT junkie support group! I could feel my heart racing and my blood pressure rising at the thought of not being able to post on PT!!!