PDA

View Full Version : Rob didn't come home lastnight

king2005
03-12-2006, 09:04 AM
I woke up at 7:30am & found myself on Rob's side of the bed, with NO Rob!
So I got up & looked to see if he was in his office, nope. Looked downstairs, nope & the car is gone.

I know Rob left at 11pm to go work on the server at work that wasn't starting up. BUT hes usually only gone a few hours & always back in bed. I asked Tom if he has heard from Rob. Tom had NO idea Rob was even gone :(

SO I called his cell, it was off :mad:
So I called his blackberry, which can never be turned off as he needs it to report server activity from work. It rang & rang & rang.. I left a panicked message as I was freaking out, cause the passwords on both laptops have been changed (not like him), so I couldn't get onto his msn to see if any of his co-workers knew where he was.

Rob messaged Tom a short message, stating that hes at work. Well thats NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME! I sent him a 2ed message asking him to call me as I'm worried.. nothing... So Tom sent him a message tell him to call me so I can stop freaking out... That was at 8:00am & its now 10:04am & still no call.

This isn't like him, he always calls me & always answers his phone.

I just want my Rob *cries more* !!!!

Toms really pissed cause I'm freaking out cause Rob's not calling me

beeniesmom
03-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Don't panic. There is probably a good reason. Maybe he was in the server room and couldn't hear the /phone blackberry. My husband has a very similar job and the same happens to us occasionally. There is always a good reason why he didn't call or answer the phone. I usually get very pissed but in the end feel like a fool when there was nothing to panic about. I hope he calls soon to reassure you.
It usually is when he is in the server room.

king2005
03-12-2006, 09:31 AM
His Blackberry vibrates. & I never had problems getting ahold of him in the server room (it litterly is just an office with 3 big servers in it).

No body is even at work as its sunday & they hardly work from home on the weekends.

Rob know how I get, as I have anxity

king2005
03-12-2006, 10:29 AM
its now been 12 1/2 hrs... :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Btw, who is Rob?? Is he your husband or friend?

king2005
03-12-2006, 10:55 AM
We're not married, but we've been in a 7yr relationship, so by law, he is my husband.

king2005
03-12-2006, 12:26 PM
We just found out where he's been & why he was ignoring his phone.
He fell asleep in the server room. Apparently it was a MAJOR server that went down & it had to go back up ASAP!

It feels like a HUGE weight has been lifted off my chest.

I'm very attached to Rob as he's really all I have. I'm also not fully dependent (mentally) so it scares the hell out of me that I couldn't reach him. If I loose Rob, I'd have to move to PEI & live with dad or my sister, or atleast very close to them. Stupid Anxity <_< I can care for pets of any kind, but not myself <_<

Thanks everyone for the support, it was helpful.

Tom took me to the Mall cause he knew I needed to get my mind off it. I bought some things Rob & I needed, socks & undies & I bought a COOL PLANT!!! Its an Irish Shamrock! It has MASSIVE purple shamrocks & has pretty pink flowers!

kuhio98
03-12-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm very attached to Rob as he's really all I have. I'm also not fully dependent (mentally) so it scares the hell out of me that I couldn't reach him. If I loose Rob, I'd have to move to PEI & live with dad or my sister, or atleast very close to them. Stupid Anxity <_< I can care for pets of any kind, but not myself <_<

Did you mean that you're not fully independent?
Are you doing anything to change that? therapy, medication, etc.?

king2005
03-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Did you mean that you're not fully independent?
Are you doing anything to change that? therapy, medication, etc.?

Rob's helping me out. I'm having far less attaks. My attacks were high, then I met Rob & they went to med-low & now I hardly get them. Unless something big happeneds, but they are no longer random.

A few Dr's wanted to put me on meds, but I have ripped up the prescriptions, as I want to help myself.. well let Rob help me... He's getting me to do things I really don't want to do, like answer the phone & call the super when something breaks. We're doing lots & its working, but I NEED Rob.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Glad you got hold of him at last - maybe you won't panic quite so much if it happens again

kuhio98
03-13-2006, 01:15 PM
A few Dr's wanted to put me on meds, but I have ripped up the prescriptions, as I want to help myself.. well let Rob help me... He's getting me to do things I really don't want to do, like answer the phone & call the super when something breaks. We're doing lots & its working, but I NEED Rob.
Well, that's a lot of pressure to put on another person. I'm glad it's working out for you. I hope in time, that you see that you can count on yourself to handle daily life. You are your own best friend. It just takes practice to learn to trust yourself. And trust that you will be able to handle whatever life throws at you. Sure, it's nice to have another to share with. But, it's a 2-way street. You have to be in a place where the other person can count on you too. And, I think taking the medication would be a way to help yourself. To take responsibility for your own well-being. Not so dependant on another for your comfort level. Best wishes to you and Rob.

Vela
03-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Well, that's a lot of pressure to put on another person. I'm glad it's working out for you. I hope in time, that you see that you can count on yourself to handle daily life. You are your own best friend. It just takes practice to learn to trust yourself. And trust that you will be able to handle whatever life throws at you. Sure, it's nice to have another to share with. But, it's a 2-way street. You have to be in a place where the other person can count on you too. And, I think taking the medication would be a way to help yourself. To take responsibility for your own well-being. Not so dependant on another for your comfort level. Best wishes to you and Rob.

I agree with you. It's very hard on someone to have to responsible for someone else's stability and happiness in life. It becomes very draining over time and can cause problems in the long run. I know this by watching people I know struggle with it and sometimes it becomes too much for the relationship. I am glad he is so helpful to you, that is great, but you have to try to get some stability without it being all up to him so that he can also depend on you if the time comes and so that he doesn't ever get to the point where it becomes too much of a burden for him to carry. I think you would be better off taking the medication and seeing a therpist, to help you become more stable in yourself and not so dependent on another person, for the simple fact that we never know what tomorrow will bring and it is good if we can be strong on our own when we need to be. I hope things get better for you.

king2005
03-13-2006, 03:07 PM
I agree with you. It's very hard on someone to have to responsible for someone else's stability and happiness in life. It becomes very draining over time and can cause problems in the long run. I know this by watching people I know struggle with it and sometimes it becomes too much for the relationship. I am glad he is so helpful to you, that is great, but you have to try to get some stability without it being all up to him so that he can also depend on you if the time comes and so that he doesn't ever get to the point where it becomes too much of a burden for him to carry. I think you would be better off taking the medication and seeing a therpist, to help you become more stable in yourself and not so dependent on another person, for the simple fact that we never know what tomorrow will bring and it is good if we can be strong on our own when we need to be. I hope things get better for you.

Robs not doing everything. He's helping me do things. There was a time where I wouldn't go ANYWHERE alone & now I'm pretty good at going places on my own. I also never looked for my own jobs & "I" got myself a nice happy job at Samsung! I use to NEVER talk to people I didn't know & now I talk up a storm to anyone who says hi to me, I don't go out of my way to talk to people, yet. I use to get really scared if a stranger yelled at me for something I accidently did wrong. Now I will choose to ignor them or tell them off (depends on the situation).
7 years ago, I would NEVER have made plans to go to the zoo with people I didn't know & now I'm going with 2 people I don't know this june!

Vela
03-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Well I'm glad you have been able to come so far, that's great. I just hope at some point you are able to gain some strength in yourself so that you won't need his help to do things that would be great. I wasn't cutting you down or trying to be rude.

king2005
03-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't want to talk about this anymore, you guys were right, hes left me..

gini
03-13-2006, 11:21 PM
I am so very sorry............I will keep you in my prayers and I know that others will as well.

This may be an amazing turn of events for you that will leave you much stronger and capable to taking better care of yourself. I pray that this will be so.

caseysmom
03-13-2006, 11:30 PM
I am so sorry, I don't think anyone thought he would leave you. You don't deserve this. Maybe he needs a breather just give him some space.

king2005
03-14-2006, 12:27 AM
I've already started to pack.. all my clothing is packed & I put some in my suit case so I can atleast wear some. I sent an email to Remax & they are gonna try to help me find a place for really cheap.

I can't stop crying, my head hurts like hell, can't sleep

Cinder & Smoke
03-14-2006, 02:03 AM
"I" got myself a nice happy job at Samsung!

Remember that YOU got this job -
and Take Care OF It - maintain your concentration, effort, and productivity ...
don't let yourself "worry" about things and damage your productivity.

Keeping your JOB is important for you to be able to Take Care of YOURSELF -
which you CAN DO!!

We'll all be Praying for your Success!! ;) :D

/s/ Phred

Cat's Meowm
03-14-2006, 03:02 AM
YOU will be okay. You will make it. You will be fine! I know You have it in yourself! Believe me - You're gonna make it!

chocolatepuppy
03-14-2006, 05:06 AM
You will get through this. Please take care of yourself. I will keep you in my prayers. {hugs}

Pawsitive Thinking
03-14-2006, 05:15 AM
You will survive this - take one day at a time and don't expect too much of yourself. A network of friends will help you far more than relying on one person and we're all here!

Vela
03-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Remember that YOU got this job -
and Take Care OF It - maintain your concentration, effort, and productivity ...
don't let yourself "worry" about things and damage your productivity.

Keeping your JOB is important for you to be able to Take Care of YOURSELF -
which you CAN DO!!

We'll all be Praying for your Success!! ;) :D

/s/ Phred

I couldn't agree more, well said. Don't give up on yourself, you can do what you need to do.

cloverfdx
03-14-2006, 07:02 AM
Oh my what a shock. Jess i am sorry :(.

You will be in my thoughts {{Hugs}}.

kuhio98
03-14-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm so sorry. You can do this. You got the job yourself. Now, you can go out and get a life of your own. You can handle it. Trust yourself to handle whatever happens. There will be rough times, but you will get through them.

sirrahbed
03-14-2006, 12:12 PM
I am so sorry to read that you are going through this :( I can identify with many of the things you have shared...

But you CAN do this! I am impressed that you found yourself a job and now you will find yourself a place to live. Maybe the time with Rob has been to make you a stronger person on your own.

Take care (((HUGS)))