PDA

View Full Version : The Parson Russell Terrier - This season's must-have dog???

Miss Z
03-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Ugh, this really annoyed me today:mad: .

When i got back from a netball match this morning, i took the magazine that comes with the Saturday paper into my room to have a little read. Ths issue was all based on the predicted fashions for the summer. Well, i was flicking through the pages and came across a page of the top 12 'hippest accessories for summer', and was horrified to see a picture of a dog and then this caption...

The Parson Russell Terrier - a big dog mentality in a small, chic, long-legged package. If Guy Ritchie were a Labrador, then Madge would be a Parson. Keep on a short lead. Muscular, aggressive and likely to run off in pursuit of rats, pigeons or strangers.

I kept reading it over and over again, i thought i must be missing something and they weren't really calling a dog an accessory. But as far as i can see this is what this article is doing. It's put a 'chic' dog amongst sunglasses, layered t-shirts and Estee Lauder perfume. Well, that's really got me in a flap today. I've a good mind to write to the author of that article, do you think i should? I keep thinking of all the people who will read that, go and get themselves a Parson Russell Terrier for the summer and then abandon it when it 'goes out of fashion'.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

For some reason there's a voice at the back of my head saying that i must have read it wrong, but i'm looking at the page now and that's definitely how it comes across. I'm debating with myself whether writing to the author would do much good anyway, by now loads of people will have seen the article. AAAGGHH it makes me so mad!!!!!!!!!!

animal_rescue
03-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Argh! Definitly write them! :mad:

Miss Z
03-11-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm looking for the address right now!

Alysser
03-11-2006, 05:13 PM
UGH! This is half the reason why so many dogs are in shelters!! Thanks for writing to them Zara! :mad:

Miss Z
03-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Well, i'm going to begin writing to them now. I've just found the address so i'm all set. It's about 11:20pm here but i'm wide awake and ready to give them a piece of my mind. Of course, i'll try my best to keep it well-mannered, but i'm a natural critic and don't half throw my dummy out of the cot when i get annoyed:rolleyes:. I'll keep PT updated if i ever get a reply back.

Karen
03-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Definitely write, as Jack Russells of any kind (Parson or regular) are NOT the dog for just anyone. As cute as they are as puppies, that's how destructive they can be if bored and neglected - like left home alone all day with nothing to do. They are terriers through and through, and that's why many end up in shelters. Terriers are great dogs for the right person, but a nightmare for the wrong person.

midget gem
03-13-2006, 08:09 AM
HOW CAN A DOG BE A FASHION ITEM?:mad:
People will go out and buy them, not thinking of them as animals that need caring for, and will treat them as such. That's AWFUL:mad: . Definately write, Zara!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Miss Z
03-13-2006, 08:12 AM
I have written the letter, i'll get it printed off tonight then post it. I hope they realise the full impact of this complaint letter:mad: !

midget gem
03-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Make it extra nasty, just like your Cragrats one, teehee they won't know what's hit them!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-13-2006, 09:40 AM
I have written the letter, i'll get it printed off tonight then post it. I hope they realise the full impact of this complaint letter:mad: !

Is there a website for this magazine - will be happy to log on and give them a piece of my mind too!! :mad:

Miss Z
03-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Is there a website for this magazine - will be happy to log on and give them a piece of my mind too!! :mad:

I haven't got time to look for it now (homework looms ahead:rolleyes: ;) ) but it's on The Times Website (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/uk), if you can find the link for the Times Magazine that would be great:)

k9krazee
03-13-2006, 01:56 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

:(

lute
03-13-2006, 02:06 PM
definatly write them! DOGS ARE NOT ACCESORIES!!! :mad:

Flatcoatluver
03-13-2006, 02:50 PM
:rolleyes: You know what this reminds me off??? Paris and Tinkerbell. he doesn't really love tinkerbell she is just a accessorie, :rolleyes: Chi's and other small dogs are "the latest thing because omg they can fit into a bag! :rolleyes: This topic is one of my biggest pet peeves, good thing you written to them.

dab_20
03-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Some people are so idiotic and stupid. :rolleyes: :mad: :(

Miss Z
04-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Just thought I'd update you all, the lady I addressed it to never did write back, even though you can write to her for fashion advice etc and she'd reply to that. She obviously hasn't got enough evidence to support her own arguement:rolleyes: Gggrrrr, I hope nobody was influenced by that article....