PDA

View Full Version : Update on Eddie!

Laura's Babies
03-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Eddie was discharged from the hospital on Feb. 9 and has been living at home and doing his physical therapy close to home. I just got word yesterday that he is now DRIVING again and even working on his old car to get it running again. (I don't think the doctors will be happy about that though.) ALL open wounds are now HEALED, no more bandages!

Regina told me they have informed her that this time at home is only a break from the hospital and he will be going back for 2 to 3 more years for many, many surgeries. One of his hands will have to be completely rebuilt from the inside out, his shoulder will have to have surgery and so will his elbo and goodness know what else. I don't think at this point that we really want to know all that.

She is worse on him than a drill sargent making sure he stays active and not sit around and become helpless. She has him fixing his own food in between meals when he wants something to eat, cleaning his room, doing his own laundry and cleaning the house and helping her out any way she can dream of. Now that he can drive, she will have him drive himself to physical therapy and do some of the Mom Taxie things. She wants 100% of her husband back and doing everything in her power to get him back as best she can... otherwise he will just sit in the recliner and watch TV and actually become helpless. WAY TO GO GIRL! His compression garments for his lower body has been ordered and he will be required to wear those 23 hours a day and they do help with the burn scarring, I have seen that myself.

Keep at it Eddie and you will come back 100%!

moosmom
03-11-2006, 05:18 PM
As Deb put it so wonderfully,

GET UP YOU PUKE and keep him walking and active.

As far s the car is concerned, you've gotta let kids learn lessons. If he pisses off the doctors, maybe it'll be enough to make him postpone getting the car back up and running till HE is.

Glad you're sister is on his booty. That's what Mom's are for. :D:D:D

Daisy and Delilah
03-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Glad to hear things are going so well. Bless them and I hope he continues to do fantastic :D

christa
03-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Oh Laura! What incredible news! Brings tears to my eyes to think of what all your family has been through and now to hear that he's home . . . this is just tremendous!!! Continued prayers to Eddie & your family, that his entire body will be healed eventually and will be new again!

{{{HUGS}}}

:)

Laura's Babies
03-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Opps Donna, Eddie is MY son, Regina is his wife of 25 years...

poofy
03-11-2006, 11:20 PM
That is wonderful..she is a real trouper to do this for im n her, it takes a lot to keep on keeping on.. :)

kimlovescats
03-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Laura, it is so amazing and such a huge BLESSING to hear how well Eddie is doing. DRIVING himself already? WOW!!!!!!!!! :eek: There's nothing holding him back now!!!

((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))
Kim :D