PDA

View Full Version : Prayers For Snoopy

Cincy'sMom
03-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Please keep our dear Snoopy in your prayers, he is one sick puppy.

I'll try to get as much of this right as I can, but my mom may have to fill details later.

Snoopy had agrand mal seizure on Thursday morning. As most of you know, he has been battling these for awhile. Yesterday, my mom went to visit a friend, and when she got home, my dad said Snoopy isn't feeling good, he's not acting himself. This morning, my mom was supposed to come up here to help her sister with somethings, but Snoopy was throwing up water so she called her sister and said she was taking Snoppy to the vet instead.

Evidently, when he had the seizure, bile went the wrong way into his liver. His liver levels are now very, very high. One measurement is 50x what it should be, the other was not measureable it is so high. This has caused a bacterial infection. The vet gave him a IV to help rehydrate. They were going to keep him, but because he tends to have more seizures when he is not with my mom, they decided to send him home, with some extra fluids under his skin. If things aren't looking better by Monday he will have to go in and maybe stay. Of course, if he gets worse before then, the vet will see him before then. He is on antibiotics to try to control the infection, and the vet thinks they caught it soon enough to fight it.

Please keep Snoopy in your prayers, that he will fight this infection be back to our hyperactive boy soon!

lisalee
03-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Many prayers sent to your sweet Snoopy. I hope he recovers.

zippy-kat
03-11-2006, 01:18 PM
{Lots of prayers on the way for Snoopy and the rest of your family.}

k9krazee
03-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Prayers are definately on the way for Snoopy!!!!

chocolatepuppy
03-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Sending prayers for Snoopy. I hope you're feeling better soon sweetie.

Cinder & Smoke
03-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi God ~

We gotz an URGENT Prayer Request - our Buddie Snoopy needs Your Help!

PaLeeze Help him recover frum dat seizure an gettin da internal infection ...
he's been doin so good - we hate to hear he had anudder set-back. :(

We're litin up da Prayer Candilz fur Snoopy - an we'll cross our pawz an say
a speshul Prayer fur him tanite - You'll lissen, won't You, God?

Maybe You kuld send Jasmine up to cuddle an help him feel better ...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pd6fbede7c7e30574f75256fbea621021/efee3c00.jpg

We're all Prayin Snoopy feels better - real soon!

Thanks God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups - all Three - anna Kat, too

Felix
03-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with snoopy.

Ginger's Mom
03-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Prayers going out for Snoopy.

Toby's my baby
03-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Prayers for Snoopy, and Hugs for you and your family, I hope he is going to be ok!

moosmom
03-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Come on Snoopy! We're pulling for you.

Hugs and LOTS of prayers on the way!!

Daisy and Delilah
03-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Thoughts and prayers are on their way to you from Florida, Snoopy. Please get better soon :(

lizbud
03-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Poor boy. :( Strong prayers on the way for Snoopy.

Cincy'sMom
03-11-2006, 07:04 PM
I talked to my mom a few minutes ago, and Snoopy still not doing well. He has gotten sick a few more times. They tried to call the vet, but of course, after he told her he would put her on a "list" to be put through to him, he didn't :rolleyes: They are givinghim ice chips and starting him on the anti-nausea medication that he was supposed to start tomorrow.

Keep the prayers coming!!!

RobiLee
03-11-2006, 07:15 PM
You know you have my prayers. This has got me upset. I hate that this is happening to Snoopy. I'll be thinking of Snoopy and the family and waiting to hear how he is doing.

C'mon Snoopy! You have to fight this nasty infection. You can do it, boy!

{{{LOVE AND HUGS}}}

luvofallhorses
03-11-2006, 07:16 PM
:( prayers on the way. ((Snoopy)) please keep us updated.

4 Dog Mother
03-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Please, please keep the prayers coming for our Snoopy. He is so attached to me - the dog that can never let me out of his sight - the one who is always right there if I am not feeling well or upset or whatever. He is so hyper thought sometimes he can be annoying. Having a 65 lb. run and jump on your lap when you are not expecting him (or even when you are) can be a little overwhelming especially when as soon as he "lands" he wants to lick you all over, clean your ears and nibbble a little bit.

Amy had the basic story right. Except the bile went back up the bile duct causing the liver levels to go high. The bacterial infection is the result.

We have a new vet due to our former vet selling her business to this new just out of vet school young man. He seemed real good with Snoopy this morning. We stayed and waited for the blood tests and then he gave him the IV and shots and then told me he would put me on his list to get right through to him if we changed our minds or if things got worse and we wanted to have him put on IVs and stay the rest of the weekend. This is all new to us because our former vet ALWAYS called back when you reached the answering service. Anyways when I called the answering service this afternoon, a vet from a different vet called back and said she couldn't help me unless we brought him in to see her. Well, I was furious and still am with this new vet. I called the answering service and they said he did not put me on the list and therefore they would not call him but if I wanted another vet they would call them. Now our new vet is on MY LIST and I don't think he will like what I have to say to him come Monday.

Anyways. Snoopy is throwing up liquid that has bile in it and it smells to high heaven. My sister's Julia's cat just had a bacteria infection that he almost died from. I am so afraid of losing my Snoopy dog.

I couldn't do anything to save my son, I will be damned if I let an uncaring vet to cause me to lose my dog.

So please keep the prayers coming. We have no vet emergency clinics here so I may have to take him to Toledo sometime tonight to be sure he gets the care he needs.

dukedogsmom
03-11-2006, 07:20 PM
I am so sorry to hear about poor Snoopy. Isn't there an emergency vet you can call? I can't believe he can't get help before tomorrow. I hope he's going to be alright. He's a much loved dog here. Please get well, Snoopy.

Karen
03-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Snoopy will be in our prayers, and you will as well. Pull through, spotty Snoopy! You can do it!

Cataholic
03-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Prayers for Snoopy. Be strong, Snoopy, and get better.

Cinder & Smoke
03-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi God ~

Please, Dear God, hold Snoopy, Diana, and Carl in Your loving arms tonight -

Help Snoopy recover from his sickness.

Thanks God.

/s/ Phred & the FurKids

poofy
03-11-2006, 11:14 PM
I hope snoopy is better soon..

cyber-sibes
03-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Oh Diana, I'm so sorry to hear this. Snoopy will be in my prayers, and I'll keep checking this thread for updates. (((((((((( hugs )))))))))))

*I suspect that we use the same vet. I've only seen this new guy once, and he was good with Star and Sherman -- but what you say is NOT good. We may have to start looking around AGAIN, too.

RobiLee
03-12-2006, 06:40 AM
Thinking about you and checking in. I hope Snoopy is much better this morning.

4 Dog Mother
03-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Well, we made it through the night. Snoopy was able to drink water every two hours and keep it down - of course it was just a small amount each time but yesterday he couldn't even do that so it is a very good thing. He is walking around a little too - yesterday he laid either on my bed or the couch and didn't move. I just gave him his morning meds and have started to prepare his food. He gets to try food this morning but just a little at a time.

Thanks for all the prayers - I am sure that is what is helping. He just LOOKS better this morning.

Cincy'sMom
03-12-2006, 07:48 AM
I'm am so glad Snoopy is looking better this morning!! I woke up several times during the night worrying about him and praying everything was going okay. Enjoy your breakfast Snoopy...but don't over do it!!!

Ginger's Mom
03-12-2006, 07:57 AM
I, too, am glad to hear that Snoopy is feeling better this morning. I will keep him in my prayers. And fingers crossed that breakfast went well this morning.

anna_66
03-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Oh I'm so glad to hear that he's feeling better this morning. I'm gonna keep praying that your boy will be alright.
And I tell you I'd give that vet an earfull!

Lots of {{{HUGS}}}
Anna

k9krazee
03-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Glad he's feeling a bit better this morning. You all are still in our prayers.

ChrisH
03-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Poor Snoopy. Prayers on the way.

Cinder & Smoke
03-12-2006, 10:49 AM
He just LOOKS better this morning.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

Hey Mom - "Lookin Better" is half the battle!!

Havin a good Nurse & Mom on hand is the other half ... we're makin Progress!!

And Thanks for the Help, God!
Please keep Your Eye on the boy till he's back in good shape again.
Thanks, God!

zippy-kat
03-12-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm so glad to see a positive update on dear Snoopy. Continue to get better sweetie-pie!

Still prayin'! :)

shais_mom
03-12-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm sorry I missed this yesterday. Prayers and thoughts sent with sweet Snoopy. I have a special place in my heart for that boy. I have worried about him ever since he started with the seizures.
gentle hugs to him

petslover
03-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Wow, I am sorry that I missed this. I really hope Snoopy makes a full recovery!

Kater
03-12-2006, 04:09 PM
LOTS of prayers for your Snoopy!! He is obviously loved by MANY! :)
Glad to read that his condition is improving.
{{{HUGS}}}}

krazyaboutkatz
03-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are going out to Snoopy. I'm glad to hear that his condition is improving a little bit. Please take care.

Cincy'sMom
03-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the prayers and postive thoughts eveyone.

Snoopy seems to be doing better tonight. I guess he didn't want to eat his food this morning, (and from my parents account of it, I can't blame him!). They got him to start eating with some bread, and crackers and later he had rice with chicken broth, and has kept everything down!! Mom also said he is moving around more today. Not realy active, but getting up and walking around.

Please keep praying that he continues to improve, and that the meds are helping to fight his infection!

luvofallhorses
03-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I will keep praying that he continues to improve. :)

Cinder & Smoke
03-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Snoopy seems to be doing better tonight.

Not realy active, but getting up and walking around.

Walking is Good, Snoop!!

Eat slow, drink, sleep a lot, and Feel Better.

We're counting on you to get All Better, Snoopy!! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

{{{Hugs}}} to All!

K9soul
03-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Prayers and thoughts are on the way for Snoopy. I'm so glad to see an encouraging update.

cyber-sibes
03-13-2006, 08:14 AM
:) Hoping Snoopy is feeling better this Monday morning. Been thinking about him all weekend.

ramanth
03-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Just saw this this morning. Oh Snoopy! You poor thing. *hugs* Many prayers for a quick recovery. *kisses to your cute black nose*

RobiLee
03-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Checking in to see how Snoopy is today. Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting, Snoopy and getting better!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-13-2006, 10:43 AM
How are you feeling now Snoopy? Hope you are on the mend

ParNone
03-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts headed Snoop's way. Hope he's feeling better.

Par...

Ginger's Mom
03-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Glad to hear that Snoopy appears to be making some improvement every day. Prayers are continuing for his recovery.

lizbud
03-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Just checking in to see how Snoopy is doing. I'm glad he's up to eating
a little & gets up to walk around. I wouldn't rush him to eat more than
he wants right now. I hope & pray Snoopy feels & acts better every day.

4 Dog Mother
03-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Snoopy does seem to be better this morning. I slept on the couch with him again last night and he got up several times for water. He ate some rice this morning and I just went home for lunch and he seems to be quite a bit better. He again ate some rice and even ran out of his kennel almost like normal instead of slowly walking like he has been doing all weekend. Hopefully this means the worst is over and he is on the mend. He will still have to have his liver levels checked at the end of the week to see if permanent damage was done.

I still have not talked to the vet. When I called this morning, they said he was reading some x-rays. When I had not heard before lunch, I called and they said he was having a crazy morning and he was in surgery. So we will see if what he has to say when he calls back.

Cinder & Smoke
03-13-2006, 01:29 PM
I just went home for lunch and he seems to be quite a bit better.

:)

Feelin Better - now That's a Good Sign!!

Keep Doin BETTER, Snoop!! ;)

4 Dog Mother
03-13-2006, 02:46 PM
The vet's office is on my way home so I stopped in to see if I could talk to him for a few minutes. He was very nice and said that he was sorry about what happened with the answering service - that I wasn't the only one who had trouble with them on Saturday. And they are on their way out. Evidently there are no answering services in Findlay and so they are havnig to go out of town - now that will apparently be going out of state. He said they even told him that he wasn't doing things the right way - and he said wait a minute I am the one who pays you. Anyways he is going to call me each morning and afternoon to see how Snoopy is doing. He seems like such a nice young man - I am so glad that this was just a problem with the answering service!

Snoopy seems to be getting better and better.

Jadapit
03-13-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm just now seeing this. I'm sorry to hear Snoopy wasnt feeling well. I'm happy to hear he is doing better. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
(((Hugs)))

ChrisH
03-13-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm so glad to hear Snoopy is feeling much better, :D keeping him in my prayers.

Cincy'sMom
03-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Glad to hear Snoopy is feeling better and that the problem was with the answering service. Hope things continue to go well!

Uabassoon
03-13-2006, 09:43 PM
I was out of town so I missed this thread! I'm happy to hear that Snoopy is feeling better and I'll send postive thoughts for a speedy recovery.

RobiLee
03-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Just checking in on Snoopy again. How is our boy doing this morning? I hope he is doing even better today. Give him a hug from me, please!

cyber-sibes
03-15-2006, 08:39 AM
How's Snoopy todaya? Still improving, I hope. I'm glad the problem was the answering service, too, and not the new vet. (((hugs))) to Snoppy!

anna_66
03-15-2006, 09:08 AM
I've been wondering how that little boy of yours was doing. So glad to hear that he's feeling better.

I bet it's nice to know that it was his service rather than him. At least now you can have confidence in your new guy;)

ramanth
03-15-2006, 09:29 AM
So happy to hear Snoopy is feeling better!! :)

My Peanuts
03-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Glad to hear Snoopy is better. More prayers are on the way.

4 Dog Mother
03-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Snoopy is doing better each day! He is now eating half chicken and rice and half his dog food. Tomorrow it becomes 3/4 dog food and 1/4 chicken and rice. By Friday he should be back to normal.

The vet continues to call twice a day - we have set up an appointment for Tuesday to have the liver levels checked. Hopefully we will find everything back into normal range.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Keep them coming until we find out whether the blood levels are good or not on Tuesday.

Cincy'sMom
03-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Hope all looks good on Tuesday. Try not to worry too much though, if they aren't completely back to normal...in some of the reading I was doing it said liver levels may take 3 weeks to return to normal after a trauma. I'm sure they will show great improvement!!!

luvofallhorses
03-15-2006, 09:23 PM
I am so happy to hear that he's doing better. Continued prayers that he continues to stay better! what a nice guy to call twice a day to see how Snoopy is doing! :D

Cinder & Smoke
03-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Snoopy is doing better each day!

WAY to GO, Snoopy!!

We'll keep the Candles lighted, and continue with a nightly Prayer -
a lil extra help never hurts.

Feel Better, Bub!!
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

Logan
03-16-2006, 10:33 AM
I do hope Snoopy will continue to improve. :)

Kater
03-16-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm glad to read that Snoopy is improving. We're all pulling for you, sweetie!! Continued prayers & {{{HUGS}}} to you all.

lizbud
03-16-2006, 11:48 AM

WAY to GO, Snoopy!!

We'll keep the Candles lighted, and continue with a nightly Prayer -
a lil extra help never hurts.

Feel Better, Bub!!
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

So true Phred. :) Prayers continue here too.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-16-2006, 01:25 PM
OOps, just noticed this thread..... :o

Get better soon, Snoopy-dog!!

btw, my cat Snoopy says HI !!!

wolf_Q
03-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, poor Snoopy! I'm glad he's feeling better now, I hope he continues to improve!

Cinder & Smoke
03-18-2006, 12:08 PM
OK ~ We *Prayed* Delta back home ...

TIme to turn up the Prayer Heat for Snoopy and get him back to 100%.

How's our Spotty Boy doing??

Feel GOOD Soon, Snoopy!!

;)

Cincy'sMom
03-18-2006, 12:13 PM
From the reports I'm getting, Snoopy continues to improve and has most of his energy back! He is doing well enough that mom went down to Cincinnati yesterday to spend some time with Christy and Jasmine. Hopefully she will update more when she gets home tonight or after resting a bit, tomorrow.

Tuesday is when he goes back to the vet to have liver levels checked...

k9krazee
03-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Sounds great :D We will be praying that all goes well on Tuesday!!

4 Dog Mother
03-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks for all the continued prayers for Snoopy! I did just get back from Christy's and he seems to have done fine without me. I wasn't sure how it would go because he is so attached to me. He seems to do fine if he knows I am not home (and he is with someone he knows and he was with his daddy). When I am home and he cannot get to me (like if I am out front and he is out back or if he knows I am out back somewhere but he can't see me) he seems to be having the seizures. He does have them other times too.

Anyways he did fine as did the rest of the crew. He seems to be back to normal so let's hope that internally all is well too.

dukedogsmom
03-19-2006, 11:25 AM
I am so very glad he's doing better! I'll shamefully admit he's one of my favorite PT doggies. Is that bad?

4 Dog Mother
03-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Snoopy went for his vet visit today. Physically he was given the all clear sign. The blood tests however showed that his white blood cell count was still hight which means they want him to stay on the antibiotic longer. The liver level was still high but way, way lower than the last time. So for now he goes back to his normal routine except for more antibiotics.

Thanks for all the prayers.

I'll shamefully admit he's one of my favorite PT doggies. Is that bad? (dukedogsmom)

Not as far as I am concerned!!!! :D

captain
03-21-2006, 06:36 PM
I am so so sorry I only saw this thread now........... but am glad he appears to be on the mend ............. (((hugs from our spotties to yours)))

Cinder & Smoke
03-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Physically he was given the all clear sign.

The liver level was still high but way, way lower than the last time.
So for now he goes back to his normal routine except for more antibiotics.

GOOD NEWS!! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

Thanks, God!!

Since he seems to have the seizures when he's seperated from Mom ...
Maybe Mom otta take the Spotted Child with her when she goes out & about. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

Let's get ALL Better, Snoopy!!