PDA

View Full Version : Scooter's Medication Info

K & L
03-11-2006, 09:22 AM
For those of you wanting this info, Scooter's medication for incontinence is Phenylpropanolamine.HCL topical cream. I apply .05 to inner skin of ear flap twice daily. Hopefully this won't have to continue for life. I will keep you all posted on how it's working.

Laura's Babies
03-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Now, let see if it works. It is such a neat idea.. NO PILLS!

kimlovescats
03-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Boy wouldn't it be nice if we could apply all of their meds to their ears! I know it would sure help with my little wildman So Small! He turns into a ferocious beast when I try to medicate him! Even two of us can't do it! :eek:

I hope the med works good for little Scooter!!! ;)

catmandu
03-11-2006, 09:45 AM
We hope that this medicine helps Our Pal Scooter,and that he is all better very soon.
Thank You for the update.

smokey the elder
03-12-2006, 07:57 AM
PPA? That used to be in human cold meds, but was implicated in some side effect or other. Hopefully it will help your kitty.

kuhio98
03-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Lisa ~ IMOM has an ongoing case with Ramses (http://p088.ezboard.com/fimomcommunityfrm49.showMessage?topicID=142.topic) who had a similar problem as Scooter. The last report I read, they are not having any leaking problem. Just thought I'd pass it along in case you wanted to get more information from them.

Diagnosis: Rameses has been treated for urethral blockage twice in the last month. He has a very narrow urethra and needs a perineal urethrostomy to prevent further blockage. :eek: YIKES! :eek: That had to hurt! :(

K & L
03-13-2006, 07:08 AM
Lisa ~ IMOM has an ongoing case with Ramses (http://p088.ezboard.com/fimomcommunityfrm49.showMessage?topicID=142.topic) who had a similar problem as Scooter. The last report I read, they are not having any leaking problem. Just thought I'd pass it along in case you wanted to get more information from them.

Thank you! I will read all this when I get home and can spend the time on it. I believe the meds are beginning to work on Scooter! :D I haven't seen as much leakage, so keep your fingers crossed this little one can escape the confines of the bedroom soon! Although he doesn't see unhappy there, I think he would love to explore! Thanks!!

Lizzie
03-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Do you have to alternate between ears for each dose, as I did with Shahdee's heart med.? I found that the medication I used created a waxy buildup inside the ear after several weeks, so I had to clean that up peridically. I'm really glad to hear that the medicine is starting to take effect.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the info, Lisa. I like the idea of putting on the ears also. Just seems way easier than trying to pill a cat. ;)

K & L
03-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Do you have to alternate between ears for each dose, as I did with Shahdee's heart med.? I found that the medication I used created a waxy buildup inside the ear after several weeks, so I had to clean that up peridically. I'm really glad to hear that the medicine is starting to take effect.
Yes, we do have to alternate. I will watch for a build-up! Thanks for the info.