PDA

View Full Version : It's Raining!!!

K & L
03-11-2006, 05:40 AM
I'm so excited! I know this sounds silly, but we haven't had rain since Ocotober! The sound of the pitter patter sounds WONDERFUL! Oh the plants are going to be so happy! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-11-2006, 07:05 AM
We have been getting a lot of rain here. ... But that is good.. i know we really need it.

anna_66
03-11-2006, 07:48 AM
I just heard the other day on the weather channel that's it's been forever since you had any rain, can't blame you for being excited!
We've been getting lots of rain this last week (almost every day :rolleyes: ). I'd be more than happy to send you a little of ours:D

joanofark
03-11-2006, 07:48 AM
And it's STORMING here Whoo Hoo!!!!! I love storms!! Spring's on it's way!! *Happy Dance* :D:D

Felix
03-11-2006, 09:34 AM
We had freezing rain :( .I cant wait to see the first ray of sunshine,I had enough of old man winter *sighs*

RedHedd
03-11-2006, 12:41 PM
I'd gladly send you some of the rain we've been having in the S.F. Bay Area. We're SO soggy!

flamepony12
03-11-2006, 12:44 PM
It's hailing over in Agoura Hills! :)

Almita
03-11-2006, 03:06 PM
I know I'm so happy it is finally raining! It hasn't rain for 162 days around there ya since october. Its all pretty out here is Mesa. I love the rain since we hardly get it! I wonder how long it is gonna be having rainy days!

moosmom
03-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Lisa,

I LOVE going to sleep to the sound of rain!! It's one of my all-time favorites. That and ocean sounds.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow (supposedly). I'll believe it when I look out the window. Stupid meteorologists.

K & L
03-11-2006, 08:40 PM
It has rained all day! I've really enjoyed it until we had to go feed the park ferals, then I felt so bad for them. Lucky for them this isn't that often here. They do have shelters there, but they just look so pitiful when they come out for their food. I actually had to wear a light jacket today!

LeahMM
03-11-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm so glad that all of you in the drought areas got some precipitation. Being up here in the Northwest makes me a bit ignorant to those that need it. We have had a very wet, windy, and cold winter which I am completely and utterly sick of. In reality we did need it. Last winter was a wash as far as snowpack in our mountains and natural resivoirs (sp?) to feed our water supply.

poofy
03-11-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm so excited! I know this sounds silly, but we haven't had rain since Ocotober! The sound of the pitter patter sounds WONDERFUL! Oh the plants are going to be so happy! :D

not just rain..but some snow..here in the desert..wow, here is some on my steps..lol..was so weird to see it snowing here..lol.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/snowonpourch.jpg
well its not much , but it is snow..lol..lol..

Miss Z
03-12-2006, 03:09 AM
We have snow at the moment, but if you ever want rain, come to Lancashire! We have long bouts of cold lashings of the stuff at least every week or so in winter, and we still get it in summer. I don't think i'll ever be glad of rain, and neither does Zsa-Zsa. We both like the warm sun!:rolleyes: :)

moosmom
03-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Lisa,

Do you have any advice for feeding outdoor cats??? I put out dry crunchies for the girls, Fluffy and her Mama Midnight. But when it rains, the dry food gets wet. They have shelter in a garage which has a dry feeder. They seem to like the crunchies I put out. I want to try and figure out a way to keep their crunchies dry so they can eat them when they feel like it.