PDA

View Full Version : ...She's Gone...

Cookiebaker
03-10-2006, 11:23 PM
I just wanted to let everybody know that my dearest Mother-in-law passed away tonight. I've been with the family for the last couple of weeks which is why I haven't been online very much. Her suffering is over at long last, and is in heaven with her Lord and Savior.

I am so thankful because most of the family was together all afternoon and evening, spending time with her and saying goodbye. We left and came home, and she passed away just an hour later. It was a very special time, and one I hope to remember forever.

Mom was the best mother-in-law I could have EVER hoped or wished for. The first time I "met" her, she greeted me with the hugest hug, and the warmest welcome into her family. And even though she lived only 20 minutes from us, she never meddled with our decisions or was nosy about anything. She was a really special person who touched many, many people.

Mom was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma (bone cancer) in 1998. She was given 2 years to live, and we have been so blessed with having 6 extra. This whole time, you hardly ever heard her grumble or complain -- always cheerful, always looking to find the best in any situation. Many times people would call her to comfort her, and she would end up comforting them.

Next Saturday will be the Memorial service. We are expecting/preparing for 400+ people to come to it.

Here is a picture of Mom in her healthier days:

http://www.mom.plainolpup.com/carepage06.jpg

Rest in Peace, Mom. We love you so much!!!!

shais_mom
03-10-2006, 11:37 PM
I am so sorry for your and Mark's loss.
My condolences to you and your entire family.

Flatcoatluver
03-10-2006, 11:37 PM
I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. ((HUGS))

Karen
03-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Rest in peace, dear lady.
Your love, which graced the earth so long
Will not fade away, even though you've gone on
That love will keep burning, burning so bright
In the hearts of those whom you showed love
As you watch over them now from heaven above.

Pam
03-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Anna I send you and your hubby my heartfelt condolences. I knew she had been ill for quite some time and now her suffering is over. My mother-in-law passed away last June after a brief battle with cancer. The family had all been with her that night to say their final goodbyes and she, too, died about an hour after we left.

I don't know if you listen to any country music but Brad Paisley has done the most awesome duet with Dolly Parton called *When I Get Where I'm Goin'." I hope these lyrics will be a comfort to you. ((((hugs))))

When I get where I'm going
On the far side of the sky
The first thing that I'm gonna do
Is spread my wings and fly

I'm gonna land beside a lion
And run my fingers through his mane
Or I might find out what it's like
To ride a drop of rain

[Chorus]
Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles
I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Don't cry for me down here

I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy
And he'll match me step for step
And I'll tell him how I missed him
Every minute since he left
Then I'll hug his neck

[Repeat chorus]

So much pain and so much darkness
In this world we stumble through
All these questions I can't answer
So much work to do

But when I get where I'm going
And I see my maker's face
I'll stand forever in the light
Of his amazing grace
There'll be only happy tears
Hallelujah
I will love and have no fear
When I get where I'm going

worfsmum
03-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Hello, i am new but wanted to express my sympathies to the family. So sorry for your loss. In our prayers.

slick
03-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Anna: I'm so sorry....I just don't know what else to say. :( :(
{{{{hugs}}}
slick

zippy-kat
03-11-2006, 12:11 AM
{{Warmest hugs to you. My prayers for you and your family.}}

K9karen
03-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Anna, you and Mark have my deepest sympathy. I'm glad you had the chance to say loving goodbyes. I feel as though my mom waited until my brother and I arrived at the hospital. During this sad time, I hope your wonderful, loving memories of such a lovely woman eases your pain.

krazyaboutkatz
03-11-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Please take care.

Cinder & Smoke
03-11-2006, 01:11 AM
:(

Rest in eternal Peace, Mom ~ Job Well Done!

She'll get along just fine with My Mom at The Bridge.

{{{Hugs}}} of Sympathy

/s/ Phred

catnapper
03-11-2006, 05:37 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. She sounded like a wonderful woman. ((hugs))) and prayers for your family.

K & L
03-11-2006, 05:39 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. It's not an easy time for all. Sympathy to you and your family.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-11-2006, 07:06 AM
I am sorry for you and your families loss. You guys will be in my prayers.

jackie
03-11-2006, 07:20 AM
My condolences.

Hugs to you and yours.

anna_66
03-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Anna I'm very sorry to hear about Mark's mom. I know this must be very hard on the both of your.
She sounded like a wonderful woman and I'm glad she's finally at rest and at peace.

It's so nice that you were able to spend some time with her. The same thing happened with my aunt. Only a couple hours after I left KY my mom called and told me about her passing.

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Many {{{HUGS}}}
Anna

Ginger's Mom
03-11-2006, 07:39 AM
I am sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family. RIP Mom.

k9krazee
03-11-2006, 07:45 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss ((((((((Hugs)))))))))

Alysser
03-11-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. RIP Mom:(

Laura's Babies
03-11-2006, 08:31 AM
I am sorry for your loss. There is a party in heaven for her homecoming so everyone can greet her and welcome her back home.

ChrisH
03-11-2006, 08:36 AM
Anna, I am so sorry for the loss of such a wonderful member of your family. You and Mark will be in my prayers.

{{hugs}}

sandragonfly
03-11-2006, 08:40 AM
oh, ((((anna)))) my condolences to everyone. :(

I'm very glad to know you all spent time together before she went gone - I know how important that special memory is. I guess that is why it meant to be. she sure does sounds a very loving special person, and deserves a golden life now!

rest in peace, dear one.

moosmom
03-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Anna,

I'm so sorry for your loss. She looked like such a wonderful, happy lady who gave great hugs!!

(((((HUGS))))))

Donna

luvofallhorses
03-11-2006, 06:26 PM
I am so sorry. :( ((hugs))

lizbud
03-11-2006, 06:33 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. She sounded like a wonderful lady.

Daisy and Delilah
03-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of such a dear, sweet lady. She obviously had a profound effect on all those that were fortunate enough to meet her. She sounds so much like my maternal Grandmother. I have always referred to her as a saint. Rest in Peace Dear Lady :(
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Pam: That song is so beautiful. Posting it was such a wonderful idea.

Misty_Pearl
03-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. (((HUGS)))

RobiLee
03-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Anna, I am so sorry for your loss and I will keep you and Mark in my thoughts and prayers. She sounds like she was a wonderful lady and loved by many.

{{HUGS}}

dukedogsmom
03-11-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm so sorry. Having been through that with my father recently, I really know how you feel. I'm glad your family could all get together. Things will be crazy for a while but if you feel you need some quiet time, don't feel guilty about it. That's what I had to do. Please feel free to contact me if you need to.

LuvGold00
03-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Anna,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I will say a special prayer for you, your husband, and family.

Kara

poofy
03-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Im so sorry for you loss..may the lord give your family comfort in this time

Kater
03-12-2006, 03:16 PM
What an amazing woman. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about her. :)
My prayers are with you and Mark during this most difficult time.{{{{HUGS}}}}

kimlovescats
03-12-2006, 03:31 PM
It sounds like she was truly a special lady, and beautiful in many ways. Thank God you were all a loving and close family, and made her final days very special. May she rest in peace.

Cookiebaker
03-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Thank you so much for your condolence and many hugs.

I just found her obituary online (http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060312/NEWS/603120367/1010/OBITUARIES) , and once again the tears are flowing. Everything is so surreal right now. We are preparing for her memorial service next Saturday, and I am thankful that both Mark & I have some time off this week.

Again, thank you for your sympathy.

Vermontcat
03-13-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear that she is gone. :(
She was a very special lady who will be missed.
Sending more hugs your way.

beeniesmom
03-13-2006, 02:32 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. :(

lv4dogs
03-13-2006, 02:34 PM
I am sos orry for your loss. Your family & you are in my prayers. hugs

ramanth
03-13-2006, 02:35 PM
I am so very sorry for yours and Mark's loss, Anna. :( :(

I too have a great (future) MIL. It's a great blessing to have. *HUGS*

Kfamr
03-13-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of this saddening news, Anna.

{{HUGS}} to you and your family... kiss The Boyz for me, okay?

Jadapit
03-13-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm truly sorry for you loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

jesse_3
03-13-2006, 09:16 PM
I am so terribly sorry for your loss. (((((HUGS))))) to you and your family. Youl will all be kept in my prayers.

Stephanie