PDA

View Full Version : the luckiest cat in Penn Hills!

davidpizzica
03-10-2006, 05:14 PM
On my way home from mailing some bills, I came close to running over a cat. I'll say one thing God was watching over him/her! I braked hard, but luckily he/she had the running paws on. When I braked, he/she was across the road. BTW, the kitty was a pretty gray/white DSH. I'm just glad I didn't hit the poor kitty! WHEW!

lvpets2002
03-10-2006, 05:20 PM
:) Thank you so much for braking for the FurrPurr Baby & its life saved.. I like you would have done the same & It would have made me sick if I ever hit anything.. You are a dear..

davidpizzica
03-10-2006, 05:25 PM
I'd do the same thing over and over again! I was thinking that the kitty would be someone's cherished pet. I'd feel really awful.

catmandu
03-10-2006, 06:13 PM
And Yet There Are People Who Think That Its Ok To Kill One Of Gods Creatures.
They Need To Read Dantes Inferno And Find Out What Hell Holds For Them.

Felix
03-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Lucky.Just last month I ran over and killed a kitty.Its an awful feeling.Stupied owners :mad:

Laura's Babies
03-10-2006, 08:24 PM
I just do not understand the attitude that cats should roam free....

moosmom
03-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I just do not understand the attitude that cats should roam free....

My thoughts EXACTLY!!! Stupid, irresponsible pet owners.

I went out to lunch with my best friend and daughter last weekend. There was a beautiful calico (looked just like my Shortie Girl) dead in the middle of the road. It must've just happened because there was alot of blood. I immediately called the police and told them so that the town of East Hartford could come and pick the poor sweet kitty up.

I was absolutely SICK. It immediately killed any appetite I had for food.

RIP sweet kitty. I wish I could've helped you. :(

icedtea
03-11-2006, 01:41 AM
the cat nextdoor was killed 6 years ago.in new zealand so many cats roam free.

davidpizzica
03-11-2006, 05:21 AM
I would be devastated if I would have hit him, no matter if he was feral or someone's beloved pet. Years ago before before I learned to keep my cats inside, I owned a sealpoint siamese by the name of Ming. She loved to roam the neighborhood. One year, two days before Christmas we could'nt find her. It turned out that she was run over and the car didn't stop. That was one of my saddest Christmases.

K & L
03-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Oh gosh this is one of my biggest fears is hitting an animal while driving! Lucky you and lucky cat! Good brake work.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
03-11-2006, 02:53 PM
I have this so-called neighbor (who thank goodness we dont speak to) who seems to think its ok to keep on getting (more) cats because his keep getting run over, as we live on a busy main road. They come on my property and spray , because he is not responsible enough to get them neutered (why bother to spend the $ when they will eventually just get run over :mad: ) , or he doesnt keep them inside as they run all over and they make my sweet Abby so very upset when they come right up to my livingroom window (ground level) and harass her by jumping up at the glass :mad: :mad: :eek:
My neighbor on the other side has questioned me on having a black cat that roams around outside and is also spraying on their porch too...and I'm like."that is NOT mine, as mine are strictly indoors only" go see the guy next door :eek:

davidpizzica
03-11-2006, 03:35 PM
He's never heard the term "keeping the cats inside the house"? This man is so thughtless and cruel to animals. And to think this so-called "man" lives in Pittsburgh! BTW, what area of Pittsbugh do you live? I'm in Penn Hills.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
03-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Im near cranberry twp :)

davidpizzica
03-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Im near cranberry twp :)
Hi, neighbor! We're not too far from each other.