PDA

View Full Version : How did you originally find PT?

slleipnir
03-10-2006, 12:39 PM
A friend of mine showed me the POTD site because her horse was POTD that day. I was like "COOL!" and submitted Josie. I was pretty impatient (:o), so I wanted to know why she hadn't been chosen yet, so I joined PT to ask that...then I think people asked about my dogs and I got hooked from there. I remember Sandra (tatsxxx1 *sp*) was the first person to help me out and ask about my pets...hehe! I think I joined in dec, right before my 16th bday...around 5 years ago I guess.

prechrswife
03-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Several years ago, someone posted on a basset hound forum about her dog being the Dog of the Day. Then, I found the link to Pet Talk. Ironically, I'm not on the basset forum all that much anymore.

Karen
03-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Paul and I founded Pet Talk! :) But it's always interesting to hear how others found it!

luvofallhorses
03-10-2006, 01:23 PM
on a google search. :) I am glad I found it, too. :)

Felix
03-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Great thread! My brother actually found PT while searching the web,for arguments sake.He was looking for proof that chocolate was poisoness to dogs.Pet Talk was one of the links and he thought I should have a look...Ive been looking ever since.I got hooked imediately.It will be a year for me on the 19th of this month.YAY! :D

dogzr#1
03-10-2006, 01:27 PM
My mom was the one who actually found it. She got a lot of different dog-related sites and emailed them to me. Dog of the Day was on there so everyday i would look at the new DOTD, and then I finally saw the Forum icon. I joined and have been hooked since. ;) :D

king2005
03-10-2006, 01:28 PM
it was too many years aog, I have forgotten

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-10-2006, 01:33 PM
I was looking at Toller pictures on google, came across one that was DOTD and then saw a link to PT.

lv4dogs
03-10-2006, 01:36 PM
I was just browsing for dog forums one day and was looking for one in particular that had a name that very similar but stumbled upon PT instead. Needless to say I never did find what ever that other one was. lol ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-10-2006, 01:41 PM
I found a link to "Dog of the Day" on my nephew's web-site. Of course, I clicked on it!! :) The rest is history ;) :p

Alysser
03-10-2006, 01:41 PM
:p A friend told me about it and I always browsed. FOR TWO YEARS! Then I joined.

Husky_mom
03-10-2006, 01:46 PM
I was looking at Toller pictures on google, came across one that was DOTD and then saw a link to PT.

LOL same here, just that i was looking for Huskies LOL ,that very day I registered and theres no one day i regret doing that i LOVE IT and i´m glad i found it............ i also came up to another forum while searching for husky forums but they were like sooooo boring and unactive so without a blink of the eye i said "why search for more, when i have PT??" so i stopped looking for good resons, i love the people, pets, advice, pics, and warmth in here, it feels like cyber home.......

Ginger's Mom
03-10-2006, 01:51 PM
A friend had entered her dog in an online dog photo contest, but I could not remember which one, so I Googled dog photo contest, and Dog of the Day showed up. :) I lurked for about a week, then joined, and a few days later I started posting and haven't shut up since.

Anita Cholaine
03-10-2006, 01:52 PM
I think I found a link to Cat of the Day on a website... Then I went to Pet of te Day, Dog of the Day, and finally Pet Talk... I joined, but I wasn't sure if I would like it... But it was like magical, and I inmedialy started loving it! :D

k9krazee
03-10-2006, 02:02 PM
I had entered a picture of Kyra in a dog of the week contest somewhere, and I was trying to find it and happened to stumble across this site instead (I never did refind the other one!) I would visit DOTD, POTD and COTD religiously and one day I was EXTREMELY bored so I started clicking on the links and happened to stumble across Pet talk...I hadn't ever seen it before :o But I registered and just started posting!

JenBKR
03-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Great thread! Hubby and I had just gotten Roscoe and had some questions, so I was doing a little internet research to find some answers. I stumbled upon PT, and joined just so I could post a question. Everyone was so nice and helpful, and asked about my pets, so I kept coming back :)

BC_MoM
03-10-2006, 02:10 PM
I can't remember how I came upon DOTD, but I submitted Mickey.. after about a month of waiting for him to be DOTD, I joined and asked how long it took and I asked what people thought Mickey was crossed with.. that was my one and only post. But now I'm here for good. :D

Laura's Babies
03-10-2006, 03:14 PM
I had searched for years for a place where people felt the same way about their pets as I do. I was searching still when I stumbled across PT.. It was so long ago that I have forgotten exactly HOW I found it.. I had tried some places and was left feeling like I didn't belong so I continued searching. I lurked here a few years before I signed on to make sure this was where I wanted to be and by the time I signed up, I alread knew everybody but they had to get to know me!

Suki Wingy
03-10-2006, 03:46 PM
In almost every animal remated google search there is a pic from pet of the day. I got sent here a lot and then one day decided to submit Niņo. He never has been DOTD, but I one time about a year ago I found the forum link and have been here almost every day since.

Roxyluvsme13
03-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Haha. Nice thread! Ok, I'd been coming to DOTD and COTD like ever since 2nd grade, and well I got internet of my own this summer, so I went to the DOTD site, which I barely remembered, and saw the PT link then Regustered. At the time I was too young, and I didnt come back till August, but Now I'm hooked! I mean I even dream about PT...

lvpets2002
03-10-2006, 04:01 PM
:) I have always loved to browse the internet to different web sites looking at cats && one day I came across the web site of Pet of the Day && I went into it && thought how neat && then just started going into all the options & Hello I am Here Now & Too Stay.. Just Love It..

Toby's my baby
03-10-2006, 07:02 PM
I always used to check out Dog of the Day and Pet of the Day everyday, when I was really little. I think Emma (Dogz) was the one who showed me those. Then, she (Emma) kept bugging me to join Talk, and I never did, until we got a new dog (Toby).

Very interesting to see how other people found pt!! :D

kuhio98
03-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Gosh ~ I can't remember. I know I joined a month or so after Kuhio died. But, I can't remember who directed me here. Once I joined, I was here to stay!

Cincy'sMom
03-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Ralph actually found Pet Talk. I'm not sure how, probablly a web search. He joined in May of 2001, although I don't think he posted until December. I lurked for a bit after that, posted under his name a few times, then finally joined for myself in January of 2002. Four years later, I have over 9000 posts, Ralph has 60 some!!! And of course, my mom, dad and sister ahve all joined....look what he started!!!!

sammy101
03-10-2006, 09:03 PM
I was doing a search on Google and i came upon this wonderful site. :)