PDA

View Full Version : Old heart throbs

Pawsitive Thinking
03-10-2006, 04:38 AM
Sitting here, listening to my recently purchased David Essex CD :rolleyes: and remembering how he made my heart a-flutter all those years ago *sigh*.......

Who "did it" for you in the old days? And what about now? ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-10-2006, 05:47 AM
"I am sailing."..... by Rod Stewart and "Nights in white satin" by the Moody Blues.....
Oh my oh my, those songs still make me all shivering, and warm too!!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-10-2006, 05:55 AM
Good choices!

Paul Young was my all time favourite but I made the mistake of going to see him a couple of years ago. Sadly he didn't have the voice to cope with his old hits any more :(

Happily I saw him 3 or 4 times when he was at the top :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-10-2006, 06:38 AM
Paul Young was my all time favourite but I made the mistake of going to see him a couple of years ago. Sadly he didn't have the voice to cope with his old hits any more :(

Happily I saw him 3 or 4 times when he was at the top :D

He used to be very good!
I've seen his group just after he left: it was then Crosby Stills and Nash! It was spectacular (in 1984) in St.Louis, USA

catnapper
03-10-2006, 06:52 AM
Oh man I was in love with Steve Perry of Journey. He was just sooo sensitive and understood romance. This was at the time when all my peers were dying for David Lee Roth! :p

Cat's Meowm
03-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Lots of groups that made both party and heart-throb songs.
My favorite love songs: All My Life by America, Lady by Styx,Best of My Love by Eagles, Beth by Kiss, Give A Little Bit by Supertramp.
Mona Lisa by Nat "King" Cole, any ballad by Dion and the Belmonts or Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, or Dean Martin {Double Score for Dean Martin}

anna_66
03-10-2006, 07:54 AM
I was a dork :rolleyes:

I liked Leif Garrett, Donnie Osmond, Andy Gibb and Shaun Cassidy :eek: :D

finn's mom
03-10-2006, 08:55 AM
always a heart throb for me...

Johnny Depp
Sam Elliot
Sean Connery
Harry Connick Jr
Dean Martin
Gene Kelly
Jack Lemmon
Dick Van Dyke
Harrison Ford
Ricky Nelson
River Phoenix

used to be a heart throb for me...

Corey Haim
Jordan Knight from New Kids on the Block (I saw him recently on a show called The Surreal Life, what a jack***)
Leonardo Dicaprio (still get silly about him when I see Titanic)

in the last few years...

Joaquin Phoenix
jake Gyllenhaal

I have too many. :) The ones who really do it for me, besides the really oldies (like Martin and Kelly), are Johnny Depp and Jake G.

It's cool to see who everyone likes...

caseysmom
03-10-2006, 09:29 AM
After seeing walk the line juaquin phoenix is my new heartthrob.

moosmom
03-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Boy are YOU asking me to remember WAAAAAAAAAAY back when ;)

Back then it was:

John Denver
Peter Frampton
Bob Dylan (honest!!)

NOW:

Rob Thomas (Matchbox 20)
Jim Brickman
George Winston
Michael Buble
Yanni (early)

There's one other guy I can't remember his name (age is beginning to take a toll on my mind).

carole
03-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Well when i was like 13 it was Donny Osmond for me, i still think he is a hottie, he has aged rather well, catnapper i think the steve augeri that took over from steve perry in journey is HOT, I was pretty keen on Bob Segar and of course Timothy Smit from the Eagles, infact i liked most of the guys in the band, still do,to be honest i just had so many that i was madly in love with and swoon over every time i saw them. :D

Just looking back at the threads posted, I also loved Peter Frampton, and Leif Garret, two hotties. so cute, and Anna if you were a dork then i guess so was I , I shared your dreamboats as well he he.

lv4dogs
03-10-2006, 02:05 PM
When I was in my teens I was hooked on the guys with hair. lol
Jani Lane, Warrant
Bret Michael, Poison
Bon Jovi
etc...

And Christian Slater used to be so hot!!! He still is a little sexy but nothing like he was back in the day. lol

Pony Boy, from the movie, the outsiders
Mark Singer, from beastmaster

LOL what a neat thread!

lbaker
03-10-2006, 02:30 PM
M & I's Mom, you're thinking of Neil Young [that sang for awhile with CS&N] not Paul Young. The main "makeout" music when I was in High School was by The Lettermen or Ricky Nelson, those guys. Yeah, I'm old and in the way :rolleyes: The first time I ever saw Kris Kristoferson sing "Me and Bobby McGee" - yes, he wrote it, Janis Joplin made it a hit - I thought he was the sexiest man I'd ever seen. Still doesn't hurt my eyes to look at him :o

Muddy4paws
03-10-2006, 03:38 PM
I thought I would post for my mum.. She used to Idolise (and still does..) Bob Geldof :o

JenBKR
03-10-2006, 03:49 PM
When I was in my teens I was hooked on the guys with hair. lol
Jani Lane, Warrant
Bret Michael, Poison
Bon Jovi
etc...

Me too! I loved all those guys, plus Sebastian Bach (Skid Row) was another fav of mine. But my all time love was Eric Martin, the lead singer of Mr. Big. Oh my gosh was I in love with him. I used to fantasize that he sang 'To Be With You' to me.....

lv4dogs
03-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Me too! I loved all those guys, plus Sebastian Bach (Skid Row) was another fav of mine. But my all time love was Eric Martin, the lead singer of Mr. Big. Oh my gosh was I in love with him. I used to fantasize that he sang 'To Be With You' to me.....

Yeah, those were some good ones too! ;)

pipersmom
03-10-2006, 04:36 PM
The first time I ever saw Kris Kristoferson sing "Me and Bobby McGee" - yes, he wrote it, Janis Joplin made it a hit - I thought he was the sexiest man I'd ever seen. Still doesn't hurt my eyes to look at him :o

Yummy! I like Kris too! He's smart too-A Rhodes (sp?) scholar

lvpets2002
03-10-2006, 04:57 PM
:) Hey I liked Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin && just loved all of Credence Clear Water Revival with Heard it thru the Grapevine.. Then there was Three Dog Night with One is a Lonely Number.. Anything by America was good.. Those were the good ole days..

Pawsitive Thinking
03-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Some cuties here eh girls?

Moosmom - John Denver?? I thought it was just me who thought he was pretty hot!!!! (If my Dad could read this now he would be laughing his head off - if he wanted time to himself he'd put on his JD albums, guaranteed to clear the room in seconds!)

caseysmom
03-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Okay I am gonna go WAY back...when I was about 13 I thought Mannix was hot...anybody remember him?

Lizzie
03-10-2006, 05:50 PM
When I was 15: George Harrison
When I was 17: Brian Jones (original Rolling Stone)
When I was 18+, and had left home to go out into the world: Alan Price from The Animals; David Bailey (fashion photographer); David Hemmings, Terence Stamp and Oliver Reed (film actors); John Neville (stage actor).

Lizzie
03-10-2006, 06:06 PM
When I was 15: George Harrison
When I was 17: Brian Jones (original Rolling Stone)
When I was 18+, and had left home to go out into the world: Alan Price from The Animals; David Bailey (fashion photographer); David Hemmings, Terence Stamp and Oliver Reed (film actors); John Neville (stage actor).

lbaker
03-10-2006, 06:07 PM
hee hee, not everyone on this board is a "kid", eh? No offence meant :o

Catty1
03-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Ummm....when I was 15, I was a Beethoven freak! Hey, never said I was normal. :D

The Beatles, the Monkees - and David Cassidy!

Catty1

slick
03-10-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm not really sure what the difference is between "heart throb" and "eye candy" but here we go.

When I was much, much younger...
All four of the Beatles, of course. (I was a screamer at the TV set... :o )
The Beach Boys
Jan and Dean
Jim Morrison
Cat Stevens
Jimi Hendrix

Sidney Poitier
Lionel Ritchie
Harry Belafonte
Bob Marley
(do you see a pattern here??)

Now...
Andrea Bocelli
Richard Gere
Robert Redford
Tom Hanks
George Clooney
Steve Martin
Brooks & Dunn (both of them)
Dan Fogelberg
Richard Marx
Jim Croce (yes, I know the last three are from waaayyy back but I still like them)

Donna, I am a self-proclaimed John Denver lover. It all started in the 70's and even though he is gone, I still listen to his music. In 1980 (I think??) he performed at an outdoor venue in Prince George...about a 10 hr drive from me. I drove up there and secured my place on the grass 8 hours before the concert started. I managed to get a back stage pass and I shook his hand and got his autograph. Yes, I have washed my hand since :rolleyes: , but I still have his autograph. Might be worth something someday.

cloverfdx
03-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Nothing wrong with John Denver :p (I like him).

As i am fairly young still, i liked....

Winona Ryder (Still do)
Hilary Swank (Saw her for the first time in Boys dont cry)
River Pheonix (Still do)
Leonardo DiCrapio lol
Johnny Depp (Loved him in CaTCF & all his old stuff)
Brian Molko (Still do)
Boy George

See a pattern lol.

slick
03-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Clover....that's too funny.

10pm PST there is a John Denver special on PBS. I'm signing off now....glued to the TV.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-13-2006, 04:50 AM
Nothing wrong with John Denver (I like him).

Another reason why I love it here...I associate Mr D with lots of happy childhood memories and even good ones in Dad's last years when we'd all sit in his room and sing-a-long......