PDA

View Full Version : Red Blotches

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2006, 04:21 PM
The last few weeks I've noticed these red blotches on my thighs. They don't itch and are not overly dry, they're just....there. At first there was only 1 or two on one leg, then they showed up on the other leg, and now there are several on each leg, but they aren't anywhere else on my body. :confused:

I normally use Tide Clear or Free or whatever it is with the no perfume or dyes, but the last time I needed detergent they were all out of that, so I bought the regular "original" Tide. Do you think that could be the cause of the blotches? If not, what do you think it could be? I've never had anything like this before. It's just weird because it doesn't itch, it's not dry and scaly, it's not "oozy" or anything. Some are smaller than penny size, some are about quarter size.

I've tried putting Cortaid on but they don't seem to be going away.....any ideas?

Pawsitive Thinking
03-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Could well be the change of detergent.....the only way to tell is to go back to using your usual brand. Hope it clears up soon

lizbud
03-09-2006, 04:42 PM
If it were the detergent don't you think the rash would be all over
the body & not just the legs? Hope they clear up soon. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2006, 04:48 PM
If it were the detergent don't you think the rash would be all over
the body & not just the legs? Hope they clear up soon. :)
That's why it's so confusing.... :confused:

slick
03-09-2006, 05:43 PM
The last few weeks I've noticed these red blotches on my thighs.
Oh no, you haven't been using Nair, have you???? ;) :p

Laura's Babies
03-09-2006, 05:46 PM
You refer to them being the size of coins as in circles... Ringwom is a thought... been exposed?

I know you said they are clearing up but I thought I would throw that in there if they decide to stick around awhile...

RedHedd
03-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Oh No! We don't need no stinkin' blotches!

Perhaps a Peep will help (sorry, I couldn't help myself).

Could be the detergent. I know, I'm no help here. I'll go away ....