PDA

View Full Version : Laundry gremlins

catnapper
03-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Wow, my laundry gremlins are active this week. First they ate more than a few pairs of socks. They ate my daughter's soccer unifrom shorts, I'm missing quite a few of hubby's tees, and now they've apparently taken my work pants hostage! :eek:

What should I do? What can I give them to pacify their hunger? Is there a ceremonial offering I can give? Perhaps a sacrificial sock or two to appease the gremlins?

I've looked everywhere for the shorts and my pants. The only explanation that makes sense is that my laundry gremlins are trying to invoke a civil war or something!

gemini9961
03-09-2006, 03:54 PM
I wish you the best of luck in fighting those nasty things. I have had them steal a few of my things before but it has been a while. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Have you questioned the new duck?

Pawsitive Thinking
03-09-2006, 04:27 PM
You've got them too??? OMG - they're taking over the world :eek:

jazzcat
03-09-2006, 05:09 PM
When you find them ask about the TN faction. I'm missing a few good washcloths and would like to discuss their demands.

Laura's Babies
03-09-2006, 05:34 PM
They always grab a sock or two of mine... the dirty RATS! :mad:

cloverfdx
03-09-2006, 07:34 PM
They are doing a fine job over here in Aus at the moment aswell. I have to go sock shopping this afternoon lol.

AbbyMom
03-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Inside your dryer is a portal to the parallel universe, which is where the gremlims come from and they take your socks back with them when they return. To eliminate the problem, erect a small force field at the back of the dryer.

pnance
03-09-2006, 10:38 PM
I made a deal with them...they can have 2 socks per laundry period. I tried get 2 that were the same so I'd lose a pair rather than random ones, but they wouldn't agree with that ammendment added in... ;) :rolleyes:

catnapper
03-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Have you questioned the new duck?
I hadn't thought of that! Perhaps she did it in protest to the numerous washings Dudley endured? Perhaps she is not keen on a similar fate?

But it seems there is too much evidence of a worl-wide gremlin coup on the rise! :eek:

Maresche
03-10-2006, 06:59 AM
The gremlins here in NE Ohio seem very fond of baby socks. I have 8 right now, 8 without a match. But I'm having a hard time determining if the missing socks were taken by gremlins or eaten by the baby.

Felix
03-10-2006, 07:56 AM
They have been in Canada since I can remember.If you get to them tell them I want all my items back :mad: (I could open a new clothing store if that ever happened :p )

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-10-2006, 08:34 AM
OMG, this must be a world epidemy .... :eek:
I have a completely full bucket with "single" socks :rolleyes: , I am mostly wearing "non-matching PJ's.... (where the heck are those pants??); Any ideas on how we can get rid of those nasty monsters??? :D

anna_66
03-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Funny you should bring this up. Ever since I got my new washer we hadn't had a problem with gremlins. But only a few weeks ago I had 2 socks go missing :eek:
Why did they come back? Do they belong to someone else? If so can you tell them to come back home, I really don't want them here:p :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Inside your dryer is a portal to the parallel universe, which is where the gremlims come from and they take your socks back with them when they return. To eliminate the problem, erect a small force field at the back of the dryer.
:D :D Hmmm....off to the yellow pages to find a contractor that knows how to build force fields..... :D :D

smokey the elder
03-10-2006, 10:42 AM
The gremlins take them and pass them along to the HOuse Elves. :p ;)