PDA

View Full Version : Might be getting a puppy

MyLittleMutt
03-09-2006, 02:13 PM
I called a small rescue about some Lab-Malamute mix puppies. They are 7 weeks old. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, since I didn't get no answer and had to leave a message.

I also called about some 9 week old Lab mix puppies, and the guy had them said he would call me back, and let me know when it is ok to see them. If the rescue don't call me back then I might go see these puppies this weekend or first of next week.

I'm really trying be good and go with a shelter dog, or rescue. But if I don't hear anything back about the first puppies, then I will probably go with the second litter of puppies.

We went to a couple shelters last weekend. But didn't really find a dog or puppy that we really fell in love with. There was some great looking dogs & pups but I just didn't feel no connection to any of them. I feel really bad about saying that. :(

There was one puppy I almost adopted but I just didn't feel right. I felt really bad for him. I looked on Petfinder to see if he was still at the shelter but he was gone off there, hopefully someone adopted him.

.sarah
03-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Good luck with whichever route you choose. All that is important is that you find the right dog for your family. I wanted so badly to rescue our new addition too but the rescue never called us back, and we have stumbled upon a perfect situation for our family.

elizabethann
03-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Oh please keep us posted. I know it was hard to lose Samantha in such a horrible way. I hope your new addition to the family can bring you some comfort. Good luck.
:)

MyLittleMutt
03-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Oh, yes I will keep you all posted. :) I still have not gotten any calls yet. :(

Oh, well it is ok, I know they are probably busy right now.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-09-2006, 04:18 PM
You will know when you find the "right one" - he or she will probably find you ;)

Muddy4paws
03-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Good luck :) Dont feel too bad about not feeling a connetion to the shelter dogs, In the end its up to you which one feels right

MyLittleMutt
03-09-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm Going Go See Some Puppies Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a call back about the Lab-Malamute puppies. :D

I'm going go see them around 11 am eastern time tomorrow! I am so excited! :p

elizabethann
03-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Awesome! I can't wait to here what happened!!

Alysser
03-09-2006, 06:17 PM
YAY! Congrats! I hope you feel a connection with one of them.

MyLittleMutt
03-09-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm really hoping one of those pups are the one. :)

lute
03-09-2006, 06:54 PM
YAY! good luck! hopefully you'll find your next family member! :D

k9krazee
03-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Thats awesome!!

sammy101
03-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Good luck!They sound adorable :)

BOBS DAD
03-09-2006, 08:09 PM
I know what you mean about "feeling bad" when you go to see a pup or a group of them at a shelter and you just don't seem to make that connection. I felt the same way while I was looking. You feel like. "what's wrong with me". All of these pups are wonderful. They all need love and just want somebody to love them and take them home with them. I guess that's just natural. I felt like I should take them all home with me!!! :D

But I think you have to expect that and endure it so that you are sure to get a good match that will make a wonderful relationship that will last a lifetime. Good luck... I am excited for you!!!

MyLittleMutt
03-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks everyone! :D

I don't think I'm going be able to sleep tonight!

I wish tomorrow would hurry up and get here, it is only 9:35 pm here.

dab_20
03-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Yay!! I'm very excited for you! Hope all goes well and that you make a connection with one of thos puppies! Keep us updated. :)

.sarah
03-10-2006, 12:03 AM
That's great news! Are you going to take pictures? ;)

MyLittleMutt
03-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Oh, yes there will be plenty of pictures. :)

Less then 3 hours and I will meeting the puppies. I don't why I feel so nervous but I am. :o

I'm sure everything will go fine today.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Hope one of the pups picks you :D

MyLittleMutt
03-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Well, I'm getting ready to leave in a few minutes. I got a few things to do before I go to the foster mom's house.

Wish me luck! :)

I will update when I get back home.

lv4dogs
03-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Good luck with the pups! :)

MyLittleMutt
03-10-2006, 11:52 AM
I went and saw the puppies, and lets just say I fell in love with all of them. They was all so cute! I seen the mom to them, since see was also given up with the puppies.

I don't think they were mixed with a Lab. I'm not sure what all they was mixed with. One puppy was light yellow, 2 was a light brindle color, and 2 was a brownish red brindle or merle. I can't really exactly tell. I got one of the browinsh red pups. I'll get pictures soon and see if you can tell if she is a merle or has some brindle.

I gave her a bath soon as we got home.:) She done pretty good with that.

I didn't take my camera with me since I forgot to bring it with me. :o So I didn't get pictures of the other puppies.

I'm thinking of naming her Shelby. But haven't totally decided yet.

elizabethann
03-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Can't wait to see pictures (lots of them please). Congratulations!

Jadapit
03-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Oh, how exciting! Congrats to you. I cant wait to see the picture of the little girl.