PDA

View Full Version : That's A LOT of geese!

slleipnir
03-09-2006, 01:22 PM
My dad told me he saw a lot of geece the other day, so I decided I would check it out and take a few pictures....I got there and was like OMG...I guess because it was such a mild winter this year, they didn't have to migrate...

I'll post some more up close ones later...just wanted to show you how many there were in this one little spot!

Miss Z
03-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Wow, that is quite a lot! Over here, we have Bewick's and Whooper swans migrating to Lancashire for winter (god knows why, it's so COLD here!:rolleyes: ). Seeing them in a huge flock is magnificent:) .

lvpets2002
03-09-2006, 01:40 PM
:eek: WOW Never seen that many Geese in one spot before..

catnapper
03-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Thats NOTHING!

There was easily twice that many on a daily basis in the parking lot where I used to work. I kid you not! there was a small lake out front, a stream on the side, and geese just populated the place like... wild geese. They sat on the roof of the building, chased us as we got from our cars to the building. They stopped traffic on a regular basis. I won't go into what their poo did to my clothes and cars -- yes I got pooped on many times, and once when my car window was cracked an inch on a warm spring day the poop landed INISDE my car! :eek: I STILL have stains on my car's paint from goose poo from 3 years ago.

One of the guys in the office decided to start a Thansgiving tradition of touch football on the side "yard"... what do you think they called it? The Pooball. They all walked away just covered in goose poo. No thanks!

Before I worked there, I'd drive by and see mama goose walking her babies a cross the road to get from the pond to the stream and thought "awwwww.... how cute!" After I worked there and learned how mean they are when protecting those cute widdle fuzzy goslings...... grumble grumble grumble.

If I go back to visit family any time soon, I'll take photos -- 'cause its just about the time when babies appear over there. I still have to admit they are cute though ;)

Karen
03-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Hee hee - Paul's brother always said "Those are called American Geese - they're like Canadian Geese, but they're larger, slower, and too lazy to migrate!"

pitc9
03-09-2006, 02:36 PM
WOW! That IS a lot of geese!!!