PDA

View Full Version : 9 year old Tiger Tabby needs to be rehomed

moosmom
03-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Permission to cross-post from Cat Rescue:

My friends' beautiful Tiger Tabby, Kaze, is borderline diabetic which is controlled by his food. Here is how Vivian has described him:

Kaze, who's name means "wind" in Japanese, was adopted
from the Babylon shelter in February of 1997 when he
was approximately 8 months old, so he's probably about
9 years old now. He had problems with urine crystals
but with a diet of Purina Urinary Tract Health, he has
had no problems with this for over 8 years.
Kaze is great with other cats, dogs and children. In
fact, he is very gentle but playful and if he doesn't
want to play he'll simply keep to himself. He LOVES to
have his belly rubbed, and will even roll over to
encourage it. He is NOT declawed and is strictly an
indoor kitty. Kaze is neutered and litter box trained. He prefers to scratch up cardboard boxes rather than scratching posts or furniture.
About three years ago, Kaze was diagnosed as borderline diabetic.
Instead of giving him the fraction of the unit of
insulin the vet wanted to prescribe, we put him on a
holistic diet. The food is the Holistic Feline Formula
sold at Trader Joe's and it is very affordable. He has
been doing well on this brand for about 2 months.

I've known these people a long time and to say they are devastated is an understatement. They've had him since before their children were born. Kaitlyn, their oldest daughter, has severe asthma which is exascerbated by her allergies to Kaze.

Their baby, who was born with lung problems, also has asthma and is very allergic to Kaze. They want to make sure he gets a great home, and I told them I'd help them anyway I can, short of taking him myself.

I've posted him on Petfinder.com They are willing to transport him to his new furrrever home. Vivian and her family live in Huntington, New York.

If there is ANYONE here in the area, or know of anyone in the area that can give Kaze a furrrrever home, please PM me and I will pass along their phone number and information.

You can also email me at [email protected]

Thanks guys.

catmandu
03-09-2006, 05:44 PM
I wish I was closer as I think that Kaze would do well at The Found Cat Hotel where The Found Cats wouls all love to have a New Friend.