PDA

View Full Version : I'm so proud of my fur kids!!

Jadapit
03-09-2006, 11:22 AM
I took the fur kids for a walk this morning. We walked by this house where a little westie terrier lives. He is so, so cute. His owner was out doing yard work. The little dog decided he wanted to come visit me and the fur kids. His owner was yelling"Tuffy come" it fell on deaf ears. I made all my dogs sit down while the owner got Tuffy. I'm so very proud of my fur kids. They all sat when I told them to, not one of them raised a hair to that little dog. I was really proud of Ebony because as you know the pit bull has such a bad rap when it comes to other dogs.

I have worked so hard with Ebony to socialize her out in the world. It looks like all my hard work has paid off. To a lot of people this story wouldn’t mean much but I know you all here on PT will understand why I was so proud of my fur kids. I couldn’t wait to get home so I could share this with you all. Thanks for taking the time to listen. :D

gemini9961
03-09-2006, 11:26 AM
We all know they are great furkids. This just shows everyone else that too. :)

Flatcoatluver
OH wow!!! I would be so proud to!! I can't get both of my dog to sit when there out for walks!! I know how much this would be accoplishment for me especially when a dog would run up to my dogs!! Good work!!! :D

caseysmom
Was the owner of the westie nice? Hopefully they didn't act wierd because ebony is a pittie.

Jadapit
03-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Was the owner of the westie nice? Hopefully they didn't act wierd because ebony is a pittie.

The owner was very nice. He was an older gentleman. He apologized for Tuffy not minding him. I told him it was no problem. I swear when that westie came at us he had a smile on his face. He was really adorable.

lv4dogs
03-09-2006, 11:38 AM
That is great! I am so proud of your girls too!

Psst, hey ya wanna borrow Raustyk for a little while for me & teach her that too? :p

JenBKR
03-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Yay, what good girls you have! We knew it ;)

Jadapit
03-09-2006, 11:44 AM
That is great! I am so proud of your girls too!

Psst, hey ya wanna borrow Raustyk for a little while for me & teach her that too? :p

Oh, I would love to borrow Raustyk for awhile, you might never get her back though. ;) I watch The Dog Whisperer all the time, I have learned so much about dealing with pitties from that show it has helped me a lot.

caseysmom
03-09-2006, 11:46 AM
I am sure my two would not have done that. Casey goes nutty for other dogs, she loves them. When we went to the ocean a few weeks ago bubba tried to take on a rotti...smart boy :rolleyes:

Ginger's Mom
03-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Good Girls!!! You definitely should be proud. I know it has to be difficult to get three dogs to react perfectly and on cue, no matter what kind of dogs they are. But then Ebony, Jada, and Diamond are not just any dogs, they are very special girls. :)

BC_MoM
03-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks wonderful!! See? It allllll pays off in the end! :D

beeniesmom
03-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Awww, GOOD GIRLS!
Thanks for sharing!

k9krazee
03-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Thats great!!! :D

pitc9
03-09-2006, 02:34 PM
GOOD GIRLS!!! :D
I know the feeling! It's wonderful to see them ignore something that they could easily "freat out" about.
I'm happy for you, I'm sure you're still grinning Ear to Ear!
Something like this: :D LOL!!

Daisy and Delilah
03-09-2006, 02:36 PM
What an accomplishment for all of you!!!!! That's just fantastic! I can imagine why you're bursting with pride. You should be :D

elizabethann
03-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Wow! That's a huge accomplishment.

dab_20
03-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Wow... pats and huggies for your pups!! What a great accomplishment. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
03-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Give those pups huge PT hugs and kisses - we are all very proud of them

Muddy4paws
03-09-2006, 05:02 PM
I would be proud too if I was you! Especially with all the bad reputation pitbulls get!

anna_66
03-09-2006, 05:04 PM
That is so awesome! I would have been ecstatic too!
I hope that they were well rewarded with a goodie or two when they got home;):D

RobiLee
03-10-2006, 09:25 AM
This is wonderful to hear! I'm so glad you shared it with us. You and your girls should be very proud of yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back from me;) :p . Excellent! {{HUGS}}

lv4dogs
03-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Oh, I would love to borrow Raustyk for awhile, you might never get her back though. ;) I watch The Dog Whisperer all the time, I have learned so much about dealing with pitties from that show it has helped me a lot.

Ah, ok never mind then. :p lol

I should get cable just for animal planet. lol

Jadapit
03-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Ah, ok never mind then. :p lol

I should get cable just for animal planet. lol

Lol, The Dog Whisperer is on The National Geographic channel. Do you get that channel?

Thank you all so very much for your comments, they really do mean a lot to me. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
03-10-2006, 09:23 PM
What GOOD GIRLS you have!! It feels so good when your babies listen, doesn' it?! ;) Give those darling girls a kiss for me!