PDA

View Full Version : Book Tip!

Ann
04-21-2002, 10:42 AM
I hope no one minds me posting a little book tip here, sorry if anyone does!

Thor by Wayne Smith

This is one of my all time favorite books, and I think almost anyone would appreciate it, but mostly dog lovers perhaps. The main character is Thor, a German shepard. The book is written from his perspective and is very hilarious when describing how Thor looks at common day things such a phones and cars. The book also has a nice touch by adding a supernatural and scary element to the story. I don't want to go into depth as to what this is exactly since it would ruin the book for you, but it is delicately handled and non-fans of supernatural things will be able to enjoy it still.

So whether you just want to read a refreshing and unique book from a dogs perspective with a different touch, or you are just looking for some leisure on a lboring Sunday afternoon, this is a great book that I warmly recommend to everyone.

BTW, this is my 100th post! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
04-21-2002, 06:06 PM
Congratulatiuons, Ann, on your 100 post!!! I wish you many, many more! :) ;)

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Ann, I just called my local library and had them put Thor on hold for me to pick up this evening. I am looking forward to reading it!

I will let you know how I like it.

jackiesdaisy1935
04-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Congratulations Ann on your 100th will be looking forward to your next 100th.
The book sounds wonderful.
Jackie

Ann
04-23-2002, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the congrats :)

DoggiesAreTheBest, I really hope you'll like it! Lemme know :)

Cincy'sMom
06-03-2002, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the book tip Ann! I finally got around to requesting the book from the library and reading it! I love it!!!

Every year at Halloween, the studio my husband and I dance at puts on a haunted house to raise money for our annual trip to perform at Disney World. i have been trying to get a werewolf into one of our rooms for a few years now, and I think maybe I can pull some ideas from the book!

Thanks again!

slleipnir
06-03-2002, 07:47 PM
I was looking for Thor, but I can't find it anywhere :[

Cincy'sMom
06-03-2002, 08:40 PM
I was able to request it from our library, but the book itself it out of print and only available in limited quanities. it is available on amazon.com, but they are asking over $30 for paperback!!! Barnes and noble has 1 copy and they are asking $130!!! UNREAL!!!

anna_66
06-03-2002, 08:40 PM
Congrats Ann!!!

The book sounds very interesting. I'm going to have to get it, I love to read!

Ann
06-04-2002, 03:21 AM
130 dollars :eek: How scary!!!! Books are too expensive nowadays :(

So glad you guys liked it though :) And good luck with your halloween performance!

ramanth
06-04-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Ann

Thor by Wayne Smith

I didn't know my dad was doing book reviews. :D LOL!

It sounds like a very interesting book! I work across the street from the Lansing Public Library. I'll have to see if they have it. :)

wolflady
07-08-2002, 12:05 PM
I've had a heck of a time trying to find this book! LOL LOL I'm such a book nut, that I just have to read it. I finally gave in and bought the hardback Thor: A Novel from Amazon for $35. I'm looking forward to receiving it in the mail soon!!! :D

lovemymaltese
07-08-2002, 12:08 PM
I have heard of that book, but that is the first review that I have heard. Sounds excellent. I wish that I had time to read, I guess that will be another one to add to my Amazon.com wishlist. Ha!

Ann
07-09-2002, 06:11 AM
wolflady, I am sure you won't be dissapointed! :)

Hope you'll receive it soon!

wolflady
07-09-2002, 11:23 AM
Me too! I'm excited!!! I'll be sure to keep you posted!:D

Thanks for the tip!;)