PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Thursday 150!

gini
03-08-2006, 11:28 PM
I just got tired of waiting around for Richard so I pulled out my duplicate set of keys AND THE BAR IS OPEN!!!!

I am in a rare mood - so step right up to the bar and I will make you one wonderful drink if you like lemon.

Lemon Drop Martinis - yes indeedy - they make a day go just right.

Just ask Slick - and I hear a request coming in from Maryland too.............

gini
03-08-2006, 11:33 PM
And don't mind the "peeps" they seem to follow me around this time of year.

Corinna
03-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Wow no bar until now . Hi I'll take a DLC just the two of us how about a little Lena Horne Jazz for relaxing by. I'll build a fire,, I need to relax my mom just gave me some news i need to process before I say any thing .

gini
03-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Corinna, come on - sit down by the fire you started and relax a bit. You seem stressed - would you like a back rub? No need to talk now - it can wait. Oh, and here is your drink.

Kfamr
03-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Kiki Here...
http://www.petevents.com/~simba/hatglasses3.jpg
WHERE'S ME GREEN BEER!?

I tried to tell her she's a bit too early. :rolleyes:

Corinna
03-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Thanks Gini I need that I have to call my dad and talk to him seems he has an enlarged heart and extreme high blood pressure. Didn't tell mom until she forced him to . Hes been going to the doctor every other day for about 2 weeks ( this man hates doctors ) mom is wondering if she should come over now. He keeps telling her go. I hope if something happens will she have guilt.Things haven't been great for a long time they just have been married for so long it's habit.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2006, 09:57 AM
K - :D Silly Kiki! But I think she's a little too young for beer - green or otherwise. How about a nice greenie instead? :D

Gini - oops! I didn't see your thread so I started another one, but quickly deleted it. I thought maybe my calendar was off or something.

I think a Lemon Drop Martini is the perfect drink for a rainy day! I'll take a rain check for now though (gosh I'm so witty sometimes! ;) :rolleyes: :D ) and stick with my coke, but keep the ice cold because I'll be back for one!

BTW, has anyone ever noticed how the fridge here at Thursdays keeps everything so nice and c-o-l-d? <bbrrrrr...>

slick
03-09-2006, 10:05 AM
**yawn** Good morning everyone. Could someone please explain our crazy weather?? Yesterday I drove to work in the snow then it turned to rain at about 2pm then by 5pm there was blue sky.

This morning as I look out, there is light snow falling but the radio says sunny periods. :confused: :rolleyes: That does it. I'm booking the next flight out of here.

Debbie, you simply must try one of those lemon drop martinis. They are to die for.

Corinna, sorry to hear about your Dad. Prayers on the way. I'll just take a Spanish Coffee for now please. I'll check in with all of you later.

RedHedd
03-09-2006, 12:12 PM
I need something to calm me down as I'm still shaking from my drive to work this morning. A large truck quickly stopped in front of me while we were traveling at 70 mph :eek: I braked, but my car immediately went into a skid and started to swerve out of control across commute-hour traffic. That Carrie Underwood song she sang last week - Jesus take the wheel - came to mind, as I don't know how but no one hit me as my car careened out of control. I remembered to steer into the skid and safely landed, completely unscathed, facing the right direction on the shoulder. 8:00 in the morning is just a wee bit too early in my book to be shaken AND stirred!

A strong hot chocolate with LOTS of whipped cream is in order, I think. Whew! Is is Friday yet?

gini
03-09-2006, 12:23 PM
And a very LARGE double hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream for you RedHead...............

thank goodness you are alright!

Sit down, take off your shoes, put your feet up by the fire...........and relax.

lbaker
03-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Lemon Drop Martini for this East Coaster please. Lena Horne will help relax you Corinna and RedHedd too, or anyone for that matter. I just adore Lena Horne, nice idea. OH KIKI, you look so silly but you are a sweetie to let your Mom do that to you. Debbie's right, you are too young for beer of any color but here's a special greenie just for you. Mario! Oh OK, I'll find some green cherries for you :rolleyes:

slick
03-09-2006, 01:29 PM
:eek: :eek: OMD Redhedd....you still much be in shock. Thank goodness there was someone watching out for you and you are OK. {{{hugs}}}

So I drove to work again this morning in the snow but we are supposed to have sunshine this afternoon. I'm not sure what I like best...a LDM or a slushie. What the heck, give me one of each. :D

I'm going to call MOFF this afternoon. I'm very worried about her. Will post an update after.

Karen
03-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Allergic to Lemon anything, so I'll just make an extra big batch of the extra-chocolatey hot chocolate I sometimes make, and will share with anyone who wants.

(There is whipped cream in a spray-can, but we cannot - CANNOT - let Mario know that. Somebody distract him while I put extra whipped cream on RedHedd's new helping of hor chocolate.)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure what I like best...a LDM or a slushie. What the heck, give me one of each. :D

Sounds good to me, Slick - I'll have what she's having. :D

Yes, I've been wondering about MOFF too. Hopefully she's just really busy still moving in, or maybe having problems with her new internet service.

Redhedd - yikes! Glad you're ok and you weren't driving faster than your angel could fly. Here, have another extra chocolate hot chocolate with extra whip cream from Karen. :)

RedHedd
03-09-2006, 03:35 PM
er, um, could I have a Marhsmallow Peep on top? A hot pink one?

I hope I stop shaking in time to drive home! I've been a nervous wreck all day thinking about what could have happened!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Redhedd, go slow on the way home. I remember after I rear ended somebody (in the rain) I had a mini panic attack everytime I came to a red light and someone was in front of me. I just knew I wouldn't stop in time....even though I started braking a whole block before the red light. That feeling soon passed, but the next time it rained, the feeling came right back again. So you will probably be a bit shakey for at least the next day or two, but just drive extra cautious and you'll be fine.

Here's a hot pink peep for your hot chocolate, and here's a neon green one to ride along in the passenger seat with you on the way home. How in the world could you be nervous with a neon green peep as a passenger? ;)

RedHedd
03-09-2006, 05:23 PM
here's a neon green one to ride along in the passenger seat with you on the way home. How in the world could you be nervous with a neon green peep as a passenger? ;) :) Thanks!

slick
03-09-2006, 05:59 PM
I spoke with MOFF this afternoon. She is doing OK but very busy trying to get everything out of the old house by the end of the month and at the end of day she's too tired to spend much time on the computer. She promises to be back when things settle down. Oh yes, and she said that she really has a CVC today. :)
Could I please get another LDM???

Good luck on your ride home Redhedd. Check in later OK?

davidpizzica
03-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks Slick, for calling MOFF. I was getting worried when all of a sudden she stopped posting. I'm glad she's doing all right.

moosmom
03-09-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm glad I was able to make last call. It was CRAZY at the store tonight. I don't know if it's a full moon or what, but it seemed like all the customers that came into the store tonight were cranky. I just don't get it. :confused: :confused:

I'll take a nightcap of Raspberry Vodka then I'm off to bed. I'm beat!!

RedHedd
03-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Just reporting in before I head off to bed. Got home safe - driving in driving rain; everyone was going slow as there was too much traffic and too much rain. The Green Peep kept me safe and I kept him dry ;)

Bummed about Gedeon getting the boot on American Idol - he was one of my favorites. I'm off to beddie-bye land. Thank Gawd tomorrow's Friday! G'night all.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-10-2006, 09:19 AM
<claps hands loudly> Come on everybody, up and at 'em! We've got a full day here at Thursdays so we need everyone to bright eyed and bushy tailed! Hee hee....look how funny Mario looks with his tail all bushed out. :D

I've got my regular coke to start the day, but I've also got a pot of coffee brewing and some fresh hot cinnamon rolls in the oven.

Come on everybody, up up up! Or.....as they used to tell Terry in the Marines "GET UP YOU PUKES! GET UP GET UP GET UP!" :D

Corinna
03-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Good morning all ! I need to have a DLC maybe add a bit of voda in it. I am so frustrated with my dad .He won't tell us what is going on and the doc can't tell mom (thanks to the good ole patriot act) . So we have no idea what is going on. except he says an enlarged heart and high blood pressure but he's seeing the doc every other day. Any health experts want to gander a guess.
Now it's snowing here Yuck I thingI'm doing the couch and movie thing today to destress.

gini
03-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Oh, WHO is making all of that noise? Just because you guys on the right coast are up two or three hours before us - doesn't mean you get to shake us left coasters awake! Up and "at em" - ????? Exactly what am I supposed to "at em" ????

Let me crawl over to the coffee pot - and I'll try to get my eyes open.

davidpizzica
03-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Well Gini, I'm sort of bright-eyed, and the only ones that should have bushy tails are Nikki, Daisy, and Marigold! Gini, stay there and I'll get you some coffee.

slick
03-10-2006, 10:06 AM
OK, I could use a Spanish Coffee please. The radio says "snowfall warning" so looks like I'll leave Sir James at home and take public transit to work. Last night at about 10pm it was snowing really heavy here and my deck still has about 2 inches on it so this morning I'm "California dreaming." ;)

And I'm not exactly "bright-eyed" in the morning.....just ask Gini... :eek: :o

Maresche
03-10-2006, 10:09 AM
My eyes got a whole lot brighter and my tail bushier when I checked my checking account online this morning. My paycheck is deposited directly and it was there along with a BONUS check. I wasn't expecting that but the timing couldn't be better.

moosmom
03-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Good morning everyone! I'll take a Bloody Mary with a very large stick of celery and lots of horse radish. *Yawn* What'd I miss???

Deb,

I've been called ALOT of things in my days, but never a "puke". I'll have to remember that one. Poor Terry. ;)

smokey the elder
03-10-2006, 10:37 AM
I'll buy a round for the house. My bonus just hit my checking account *happy dance*. Now for some much needed home improvements...I hate flat parts of roofs! :p

RedHedd
03-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Gini, they're predicting snow for up here too. Strange weather in California this year. G'mornin everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY!

gini
03-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Of all the days that I have to go out - it is today and they are predicting lots and lots of rain right around noon. It is already snowing in the mountains down to 1500 ft. - which means it is pretty cold - and a doozy of a storm.

I am awake now - but I am ready to call Debbie a "puke" for all of that happy cheerful yacking so early in the morning. :D Actually my favorite saying is "turkey lips" instead of puke. Debbie - you have TURKEY LIPS! :p :p

David, thanks for the coffee - it sure helped.

And Smokey - if you find a cure for repairing a flat roof - boy, do I ever need to talk to you. I have a small flat roofed room - that has enough roofing material/repairs/tar/ etc. and it still leaks and leaks and leaks.
I am ready to tear the whole darn thing down!! So attractive with buckets sitting everywhere.

lbaker
03-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I am laughing at your "perfect California weather"!! Right now it's 70 degrees and sunny here. Time for a frosty glass of slushie please, lime will do, you Pukey Turkey Lips :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Puke, turkey lips, whatever....at least it worked! :D

Be-u-tee-ful day here too! "Periods of sun and clouds" high in the mid to high 50's. I know, sounds dreadful to those used to warmer temps, but we've been in the 20's and 30's for just like forever, so 50's and sunshine feels wonderful!

What's with everybody getting bonuses today? I want a bonus. <pouts>

Oh well, guess I'll have one of those Lemon Drop Martinis. It's afternoon here now, so happy hour has officially begun for me....especially since the boss is headed out of town, won't be back 'til Tuesday! Yippeee!!!

moosmom
03-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Lemon drop martinis??? Ooooooooo, Deb, you wild woman you!!! ;)

It's beautiful here in New England (I never thought I'd EVER be saying that again!!)

MooShoo and I went outside for about 10 minutes. He LOVES the fresh air. Don't worry, he had his little "doggie" jacket on. Only problem is, it's made for a small dog. MooShoo's butt was exposed. He's becoming such a porker. Glad the weather is getting nicer though. Supposed to be in the 60's this weekend. I'm off Sunday so I HOPE to be able to enjoy some of it.

Happy Friday everyone! :D

davidpizzica
03-10-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm joining the ranks of PTers getting extra money! They're not exactly bonuses, but I got paid from Goodwill on wednesday, and today I received my two-week (too weak?) check from the state of Pa. Now at least I can get caught up on some bills! YAY! Little things like car and home insurance, cable all the luxuries!

slick
03-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Sure could use a Lemon Drop Martini down here please and thank you. I miss Richard this week. Wonder what he is up to....and don't say 6 foot one!! :D

RedHedd, how was your drive in this morning? Feeling a bit more relaxed yet? You know, after my accident on December 29th/05, it took me quite awhile to settle down and feel relaxed when driving. It was two weeks before I could even drive by the crash site and even now, I'm a much more cautious driver....not nervous...just more aware.

So all over the radio this morning they were saying "snowfall warning".....I drove to work with the sun beating down and it's still sunny out. :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
03-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Gini, our last house had a fairly flat roof, and the previous owners had constant leak problems. They had it re-roofed with a membrane, and it hasn't leaked since.

While I'm in at the bar, how about a nice Irish, and some peeps!

lbaker
03-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Peeps, only if they are stale please :D uh oh, Mario is looking for Mayor Karen's whipped cream :eek: DOWN BOY!!

RedHedd
03-10-2006, 06:13 PM
RedHedd, how was your drive in this morning? Feeling a bit more relaxed yet? You know, after my accident on December 29th/05, it took me quite awhile to settle down and feel relaxed when driving. It was two weeks before I could even drive by the crash site and even now, I'm a much more cautious driver....not nervous...just more aware.

So all over the radio this morning they were saying "snowfall warning".....I drove to work with the sun beating down and it's still sunny out. :rolleyes:

I was very cautioius and looked for my skid-marks at the site. Of course with all the rain last night and all the traffic, I couldn't see any evidence of where it was. It's always been a treacherous section of the freeway for me (and many others) anyway - it's right by SFO (the airport). I think it will take me a while to feel comfortable driving. It's like all of a sudden I'm overly aware of how fast I'm driving and how little my terrific commute-mobile actually is next to all the SUV's and trucks. Visualizing a green peep sitting next to me (strapped in, of course!) actually does help! :D

It's cold and getting colder. The weather-guessers are predicting snow down to 500' tonight in the S.F. Bay Area! :eek:

Lady's Human
03-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Okay, has anyone searched the L+F for the barkeep? Mario, PUT DOWN THE WHIPPED CREAM NOW!

Lady, come on in , curl up on the couch, dad's going to get a drink at the bar and you can keep my hip warm on the couch.

davidpizzica
03-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Okay, has anyone searched the L+F for the barkeep? Mario, PUT DOWN THE WHIPPED CREAM NOW!

Lady, come on in , curl up on the couch, dad's going to get a drink at the bar and you can keep my hip warm on the couch.
LH, I'll sacrifice the body and go into the L&H. I'll have Orc with me for a bodyguard.

slick
03-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Good Saturday morning everyone! I'm not sure just what it is, but there is a bright thing in the sky shining down on New West. Gee, could it be the sun???

Woke up with this screaming cold back again and my throat feels like it's been scraped with sandpaper. I'll just take a nice cup of tea first and will be back later for proper medicine.

Have a good day everyone! :)

RICHARD
03-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Thanks, guys!

I went inside to get some napkins and the door closed behind me.

Where was mario?

Thank god for the Swiss..

The can opener attachment kept me alive while I was in there.

;)

Hi everyone!

First of all,

One change of underwear for Redd...DONE! :eek:

Thanks Gini, for opening the bar up...

-----------

My bonus is due in three weeks....

They told us how much we made before taxes.
and what we could have made id we had met some of our goals.

he real total lies somewhere south of the first total.

-----------------------

Canned whip cream? lolololol.

Lady, where did you get that sweet beard?

Come give the bartender a swwet kiss!

Lady's Human
03-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Slick, with a throat feeling like that I think you should start out with proper medecine, and get the tea after. This is a bar, after all.

anyone for an early lunch? Pasta Alfredo with garlic bread? It should be fun watching Mario trying to figure out spaghetti.........

I think I see Richard back lurking on the board, so we'd better clean up the bar or he'll take all of our keys away!

davidpizzica
03-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Slick, with a throat feeling like that I think you should start out with proper medecine, and get the tea after. This is a bar, after all.

anyone for an early lunch? Pasta Alfredo with garlic bread? It should be fun watching Mario trying to figure out spaghetti.........

I think I see Richard back lurking on the board, so we'd better clean up the bar or he'll take all of our keys away!
LH, bring on the pasta Alfredo & garlic bread!

RICHARD
03-11-2006, 10:01 AM

A few days in the L and F and you would lurk too!

Don't worry about the mess....

The mess I can handle....it's the patrons you have to look out for! ;)

I could take the keys away, but that would doom me to having to clean the nose and hand prints off of the glass on the front door...

Keys for everyone!!! :D

Corinna
03-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Good morning all just a quick pass through to grab a DLC . On my way to a freinds to make me feel younger ,getting a curly perm. Will check in later.
Glad to see you back Richard.

RedHedd
03-11-2006, 12:16 PM
It should be fun watching Mario trying to figure out spaghetti......... :D

PT gives me SO many fun visuals! If people could see inside my mind, I'd indeed be locked up! I do volunteer work at a psyche ward twice a month and am always delighted when they let me leave, although sometimes they do let me know they have spare beds :D

Last night I ordered a hot chocolate with whipped cream and almost burst out laughing when they pulled out that can ... ;)

lbaker
03-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Corinna, a "curly perm" :eek: How positively brave of you :eek: It gives me hives just to cut a few inches off :rolleyes: I may not be "straight and narrow" but my hair certainly is

Karen
03-11-2006, 02:46 PM
:D

PT gives me SO many fun visuals!
Last night I ordered a hot chocolate with whipped cream and almost burst out laughing when they pulled out that can ... ;)

Hee hee hee! I can just see you trying to explain that:

"See, there's this place I belong to called Pet Talk, and - no, no, it's a website - and anyway, there's this cyber bar that's Thursdays - no, no it's CALLED Thursday, tends to happen almost all week, but anyway, there's this monkey, Mario - yes, he's real - he belongs to Willie - no, there's no health code violations, it's a CYBER bar ... and anyway, this week, I asked for hopt chocolate - hey listen, we can TOO get hot chocolate at this bar, doncha get ... oh, never mind!"

momoffuzzyfaces
03-11-2006, 03:00 PM
HI GUYS!!!!! :D

Thought I'd better check in since I've been missing. I didn't thing anyone would even notice.

Lots going on here. I'm so pooped all the time. If I sit still for over 5 minutes, I fall asleep. My bloodpressure is way up again and now am on 4 meds. Also my carpel tunnel makes it hard to type.

Thanks slick for checking on me. It's always nice to hear from you!

Just want to let you know I will be back and have pics to show you. Leonardo won a picture contest our vet clinic was having. We now have $20 added to our account to use for his future visits. I can't tell you how excited he is about that.

Take it easy and behave yourselves. Yes, Mario, I mean you!
See you soon . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

gini
03-11-2006, 03:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/LA%20July%202005/Everyone-partying.jpg

Captain Finn is on the left.

I think one of my fondest???? moments was at the BBQ last year. I had a sign made that said "Welcome to Thursdays" or something like that. It hung behind the table where Richard was busy making slushies for everyone.

So when Captain Finn - voted Fireman of the Year for all of Los Angeles mind you................came up to me and said "so what is Thursdays???" "And what is the HAZMAT sign?"

I thought I was just going to die............having to explain that one.

gini
03-11-2006, 03:10 PM
MOFF, it is soooo good to hear from you! You are always missed when you disappear for a while. And Leonardo BIG CONGRATULATIONS!

lbaker
03-11-2006, 03:16 PM
As if... explaining PetTalk wasn't hard enough. Try Thursday's. Try Mario. Try International love for people and pets you've never met. AND NOW Gini, we have to thunk about explaining HAZMAT??? OMD :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-11-2006, 03:37 PM
MOFF, it is soooo good to hear from you! You are always missed when you disappear for a while. And Leonardo BIG CONGRATULATIONS!
Gini I forgot to tell you, they have made a sibling for your little roomba. It washes floors. It's called a scooba! I saw the commercial and thought about you!!!! ;) :D

Corinna
03-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Laurie I just get tired of mousey brown stick straight and thin.Turned out well I'll try to get some pics tommorrow and post them.
I'll take a DLC for now. Hey where is mario and Lady?

Lady's Human
03-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Whew, Lady was almost lost in the L+F!

Gotta remember to close the door after someone comes out from there.

It's been a crappy night at work, so I'm going to make myself a few dozen Irish coffees, relax, and pass out on the couch.

RICHARD
03-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Whew, Lady was almost lost in the L+F!

Gotta remember to close the door after someone comes out from there.

It's been a crappy night at work, so I'm going to make myself a few dozen Irish coffees, relax, and pass out on the couch.

DONE?

Hey,

Don't drink too much....you have to watch a race tomorrow!

Take your shoes off, the bartender is here!

24 irsih coffees?

DONE!

LOL
get the remote and let's do some sports!

-----------

I went down to the cafeteria on Friday and saw the tub of imitation eggs they serve...

I laughed and thought that that pile of reconstituted, artificially colored "stuff"
would never pass muster at a PT gathering.

Moff,

Please take care of yourself!

Corrina,

DLC, DONE!

Gini,

One of the pleasures I had was manning the "bar"....

:D

Karen,

Can you help me get Mario out of the rafters?

I am afraid he'll start to squirt that can of whipped cream he has in his hands!

-------------

Weather report?

In Lost Angeles today it hailed and there is snow in the mountains above
Malibu!!!! :eek:

Karen
03-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I have lured Mario down with a jar of maraschino cherries (only three left inside), and snagged the can of whipped ceam with only a minor incident (which Lady helpfully cleaned up, as it landed by her nose).

Just putting on a fresh pot for tea, I've got Chai (with caffiene) and blueberry (without) if anyone wants some.

lizbud
03-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Thursday's may have some competition. :D

'Creative plumbing' delivers beer

Norwegian beer prices are some of the highest in the world
A woman said she thought she was in heaven when she turned on the kitchen tap to find a plentiful supply of beer.
Haldis Gundersen was planning to do the washing up when she made the unusual discovery at her apartment in Kristiansund, west Norway.

But two flights below, workers in a bar faced the more disappointing realisation that water was flowing from their beer taps.

A worker had connected a beer barrel to the apartment water pipe by mistake.

"I turned on the tap to clean some knives and forks, and beer came out," Ms Gundersen told Reuters news agency. "We thought we were in heaven."

But the beer was flat and tasted odd, she said.

'Really creative'

Downstairs at the Big Tower Bar, workers realised what the problem was - a new barrel had been misconnected to Ms Gundersen's water supply.

"The water and beer pipes do touch each other, but you have to be really creative to connect them together," said Per Egil Myrvang from the local beer distributor. He helped employees to rectify the problem over the telephone.

Ms Gundersen bore no grudge. "If it happens again, I'm going to order Baileys," she said.

In Norway, the sale of alcohol is controlled through a state monopoly and beer prices are some of the highest in the world.

gini
03-13-2006, 06:46 PM
That is just too funny. This is the stuff that dreams are made of...........

It also reminds me of the commercial for Bud Light called the Magic Refrigerator. At the end of the commercial all of the guys are bowing down and giving homage to the fridge.

Lady's Human
03-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Gini,

You mentioned the bar still being open? How about a cup of Coffee with Godiva in it?

My work week is almost over, so I can start celebrating early!

gini
03-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Lady's Human - with pleasure I serve you fresh coffee and Godiva.

Gosh, you and ES actually agreeing - heaven only knows what is next!! :D

Lady's Human
03-13-2006, 10:03 PM
BTW, where did that case of stale peeps come from that I tripped over on my way in?

gini
03-13-2006, 11:13 PM
BTW, where did that case of stale peeps come from that I tripped over on my way in?

Oh, I am so glad that you found them! I knew I had misplaced some and I was frantic looking for them. Their season is coming up soon you know!

Lady's Human
03-14-2006, 02:53 PM
My only problem with peeps is keeping enoug of them around so I can let them get stale. Good thing we stock them in the bar! :D

davidpizzica
03-14-2006, 03:14 PM
My only problem with peeps is keeping enoug of them around so I can let them get stale. Good thing we stock them in the bar! :D
LH, as long as they're cyber ones. I can't eat the real ones (way too much sugar!)

Lady's Human
03-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Like the bartender keeps telling me, Cyber alcohol and cyber calories dont count!

davidpizzica
03-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Like the bartender keeps telling me, Cyber alcohol and cyber calories dont count!
That's true. Were those Gini's "hard as rock" peeps? I used a couple as doorstops!

Kfamr
03-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Whew.. I'm pooped. A nice virgin slushee, please... it's very warm today.

We did 98 cars today during our lunch hour 12:00am-1:00pm -- which means people only had to wait in our drive-thru for a minute (give or take), when our goal is less than 2 minutes, once their order was taken. No incorrect orders were recieved - everyone was greeted by me with a "Hello, how are you today?", given their total, asked for condiments, if they said thank you - told "It's my pleasure, you (ladies, guys, etc) have a great day." If they said you too, I said thank you. Etc. Every one recieved great customer service from the order speaker to the window - and one thing I never forget to do - ALL dogs got a treat!

I'm very proud of us! Like my boss said... we were running like a well-oiled machine. ;)

Sure glad tomorrow is my day off though. :p

Lady's Human
03-14-2006, 04:58 PM
In the apparent absence of the bartender......

One virgin slushee....

DONE!

David, stale is the ONLY way to eat a peep! (If I could keep 'em long enough to get them stale)

You could use them as doorstops for the bar, but I think Mario and Lady would make them edible doorstops in a heartbeat. :D

davidpizzica
03-14-2006, 05:15 PM
In the apparent absence of the bartender......

One virgin slushee....

DONE!

David, stale is the ONLY way to eat a peep! (If I could keep 'em long enough to get them stale)

You could use them as doorstops for the bar, but I think Mario and Lady would make them edible doorstops in a heartbeat. :D
You're right, LH. Especially Mario!

lbaker
03-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Kay, I also work in the service field.. in my case it's membership services and mostly by phone, email, letters and in some cases when I go to a "show" and meet in person. One thing my Mom always said was "answer the phone with a smile on your face, it will show in your voice". The same goes at a window, a letter, email or in person. You my friend are doing quite well :D That's a secret that isn't such a secret here at Thursdays. We try to always have a smile on our faces... even when it's hard. I'll have one of everything and then try to dream sweet dreams. ahhhhh ~ a warm furry at my feet and on my lap. What could be better ;)

gini
03-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Who said you guys could open up my case of peeps? Hurummpffff........
David, DOOR STOPS? :mad: :mad:

Just you wait until Mario learns how to fling those - you are going to be very sorry.

I think the bartender is having to work for a living right now - what a concept!

Virgin slushies all around.................Kay - great job!!

davidpizzica
03-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Who said you guys could open up my case of peeps? Hurummpffff........
David, DOOR STOPS? :mad: :mad:

Just you wait until Mario learns how to fling those - you are going to be very sorry.

I think the bartender is having to work for a living right now - what a concept!

Virgin slushies all around.................Kay - great job!!
Uh, I don't think I have to wait very long, there's a doorstop, I mean peep missing! I just saw Mario's tail go around the corner.

slick
03-14-2006, 11:22 PM
OK, I know the bar is supposed to be closed but I really, really need a Lemon Drop Martini along with a big sloppy, drippy cheeseburger and a side of piping hot onion rings. Maybe if I close my eyes real tight then open them it will appear before me. ;) :D

gini
03-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Voila! A lemon drop martini and a very drippy, juicy cheeseburger and extra crispy fries for Mizz Slick.