PDA

View Full Version : Scooter Update

K & L
03-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Scooter went back this afternoon for a checkup and all came back well! He has no more blood in his urine and has gained 2 lbs. Sadly he's still dripping so they've ordered him a paste medication to put in his ear for incontinence. Hopefully this will help. He's still secluded to our bedroom, but he's now wanting out to explore. He did a wonderful thing for me this morning. He was jumping all over me, biting on my feet, running across my head, and I was about ready to hang him. :D I looked at the clock and had over slept an HOUR! I had to meet my transport person for the cats at work this morning so THANK YOU SCOOTER! I made it just in time!

moosmom
03-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Love them furry alarm clocks!!!

Catty1
03-08-2006, 08:32 PM
A paste in the ear? How unusual...

But what a scamp to wake you up!

Oscar and Cole have learned to wait patiently...Oscar used to do the morning sandpaper routine, but now he saves that for 3 am or so.

Scooter - SUCH a cutie! And TWO POUNDS! wow

How old is he now?

K & L
03-09-2006, 04:31 AM
A paste in the ear? How unusual...

But what a scamp to wake you up!

Oscar and Cole have learned to wait patiently...Oscar used to do the morning sandpaper routine, but now he saves that for 3 am or so.

Scooter - SUCH a cutie! And TWO POUNDS! wow

How old is he now?

Approximately 5 months old. He was born in the wild so we can only estimate. He's adorable and thank you!

Laura's Babies
03-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Great alarm clock! How smart that he knew you had overslept!

That is so cool, a medication that you put in the cats ear... somebody wised up about pilling cats. You have to let us know if that works. Modern medicine... WONDERFUL!

What you been feeding that boy that he gained 2 whole pounds?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2006, 09:30 AM
:D I love how just when we're about ready to beat the daylights out of them, we realize they are just trying to tell us something and instead they get extra treats and skritchies. :D

Sure hope the meds work for his dripping. Is this something he'll have to have the rest of his life or will it clear up after awhile? Also curious as to the name of the meds. I don't think we're anywhere near to needing something like this, but Peanut had to "episodes" of what, I guess, could be described as "inappropriate urination" last week. She didn't intentionally pee out of the litterbox, but I think she was too excited and just forgot, or just couldn't hold it anymore. We're watching her closely to see if it continues or if this was just two isolated incidents, but it could be that her tumor is coming back and we may just need a medicine like this in the future, so any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. :)

catmandu
03-09-2006, 09:34 AM
He Knew That You Had To Be Somewhere And Was Letting You Know.
And We Are So Happy That Scooter Has Passed His Tests And Is Well On His Way To Good Health.
A Furry Alarm Clock,thats Waht I Need Sometimes.

K & L
03-09-2006, 09:48 AM
What you been feeding that boy that he gained 2 whole pounds?

First of we had him wormed which I think was a big help. Then we're free feeding dry food, and then he gets one teaspoon of wet food in the morning as a treat. Also as sick as he was I think prevented any nutrition for him. Just being well, fed regularly, and in a comfortable environment has just been the right medicine! :)

K & L
03-09-2006, 09:51 AM
:D I love how just when we're about ready to beat the daylights out of them, we realize they are just trying to tell us something and instead they get extra treats and skritchies. :D

Sure hope the meds work for his dripping. Is this something he'll have to have the rest of his life or will it clear up after awhile? Also curious as to the name of the meds. I don't think we're anywhere near to needing something like this, but Peanut had to "episodes" of what, I guess, could be described as "inappropriate urination" last week. She didn't intentionally pee out of the litterbox, but I think she was too excited and just forgot, or just couldn't hold it anymore. We're watching her closely to see if it continues or if this was just two isolated incidents, but it could be that her tumor is coming back and we may just need a medicine like this in the future, so any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. :)
Debbie
They special ordered this at the vets and I haven't received it yet. As soon as I do I'll give you all the info on it. We special ordered antibiotics for Spike that was a paste for the ear. It's great for hard to pill cats, but it costs more. I sure hope little Peanut is OK.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Lucky Scooter to have you - in awe of your dedication to your kitties

rg_girlca
03-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Lisa, I am so happy to hear that Scooter's checkup went well. YYAAYY!! :)

Such a good boy Scooter, waking meowmie up when she slept in. Hugs and kisses to you sweet boy. :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-10-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm glad to hear that Scooter is doing well and I hope that his new medicine will do the trick so he'll be able to do some exploring. :)

Lizzie
03-10-2006, 01:21 AM
You are very kind allowing Scooter to share your bedroom while he still drippy but he certainly repayed you this morning. The ear type medication is wonderful, isn't it? I had Shahdee's heart medicine made up that way, she couldn't have been medicated otherwise. I don't think it works with all meds but I don't know what the criteria is. Anyway, good luck with the new med.

K & L
03-10-2006, 06:47 AM
You are very kind allowing Scooter to share your bedroom while he still drippy but he certainly repayed you this morning. The ear type medication is wonderful, isn't it? I had Shahdee's heart medicine made up that way, she couldn't have been medicated otherwise. I don't think it works with all meds but I don't know what the criteria is. Anyway, good luck with the new med.
The saving grace here is we don't have carpeting so the floor is easy to mop up. I change the bed daily, and wipe down all areas. The dripping is very small ones, but still messy. He's wanting out so bad, but can't have it all over the house (wouldn't be able to find it all). He's also getting VERY fiesty! I can tell he's feeling 100% better. :D

Lizzie
03-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Did the vet explain how the new medicine worked? Does it tighten up the sphincter muscles? If it doesn't work completely, is there such a thing as feline Depends?

K & L
03-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Did the vet explain how the new medicine worked? Does it tighten up the sphincter muscles? If it doesn't work completely, is there such a thing as feline Depends?
They just called and said the meds are in so I will know more when I go to pick them up. Yes, we have tried the diapers only to find the diaper on the bed and no Scooter! :D If all else fails he'll just have to be an outdoor cat-run cat like Porch was. Hopefully it won't come to that!