PDA

View Full Version : Insensitive (them) or over sensitive (me)?

Pawsitive Thinking
03-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Didn't go to work on Monday as some of you will know. Took the day off because it was the first anniversary of my Dad's death, not an easy day but got through it.................

Anyway, turned up to work yesterday to find my intray overflowing with work to be done and the filing tray fit to burst (both of which I had left empty before I left on Friday). For some reason my kind, caring colleagues had managed to produce more work in that one day than they normally give me in a week! I got through some of it yesterday although was hampered by computer failure :mad:

Went in this morning, took one look at the pile of stuff on my desk and ran! May have over reacted a bit but I am still raw from the emotions of Monday....I work hard (mostly) when I am there so am I wrong in wanting a little bit of thought from these people who are supposed to be my friends as well as workmates?

Daisy and Delilah
03-08-2006, 07:31 AM
I don't think you're wrong at all. It would have been very nice if someone could have thought about your return and helped to not create such a backlog. Maybe someone could have tried to empty the basket so that it wouldn't have been so overwhelming for you. I'm really sorry you had to go through this. It was hard enough for you and you certainly didn't need more to worry about. (((((HUGS)))))

p.s. Those pictures that Jessica posted yesterday of her co-workers makes us all wish that we could have that work environment too doesn't it? If only our co-workers could be so loving and irresistible. :)

Cataholic
03-08-2006, 10:20 AM
I think it is a little of both. I can't imagine any of your co-worker's were personalizing their deposit of work into your inbox. I don't think I would take as anything more than life moves forward, even when we aren't wanting it to.

Sorry it was so rough for you. :(

kuhio98
03-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Sorry, I have to side with over sensitive. It's understandable that the anniversary of your father's passing is a very emotional time for you. But, the world doesn't stop. Work keeps being generated. Would you want them to hold onto everything for a week? a month? and then pass it on to you?

Don't get me wrong. I understand the feelings. I remember being being amazed that the day after Kuhio died, the sun actually arose. How could it? Didn't everyone know that the world had ended as far as I was concerned?

Be kind and gentle with yourself and your co-workers until you work it out. Yes, they should be kind and considerate. But, they may not know what to say. And work and life doesn't stop even if we'd like it to.

Vela
03-08-2006, 12:14 PM
I think it is a little of both. I can't imagine any of your co-worker's were personalizing their deposit of work into your inbox. I don't think I would take as anything more than life moves forward, even when we aren't wanting it to.

Sorry it was so rough for you. :(

I agree. I'm sorry things were hard for you on Monday but work still happens, especially when we aren't there to do it. You can't blame others for work going forward because you had a hard time. Our personal lives and problems are not really affective to the workplace. Those things have to go on even if life hits a hard time in our personal lives. Try not to blame them and don't take it personally. It's hard to beleive others just go on with life when we are feeling so miserable, but they do. I hope you feel better soon.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-09-2006, 04:00 AM
You're right - life goes on.......

Back in today

Killearn Kitties
03-09-2006, 04:40 AM
:) It will get better! Honestly! It does take time though, and there is just no way round that.

Did you go for your other interview? What did you find out?

Pawsitive Thinking
03-09-2006, 04:58 AM
:) It will get better! Honestly! It does take time though, and there is just no way round that.

Did you go for your other interview? What did you find out?

Unfortunately the interview clashed with looking after step daughter's kids so I had to pull out - I am sure there will be other opportunities

Killearn Kitties
03-09-2006, 05:46 AM
All these other things going on can't be helping the way you are feeling. :( Is today better at work?

Pawsitive Thinking
03-09-2006, 06:16 AM
All these other things going on can't be helping the way you are feeling. :( Is today better at work?

Much better thanks. I came in to an empty filing tray and only 2 tapes for typing. The rest of it had been done yesterday by a girl in the next office - bless her. I think I was due a "wobble" and yesterday was it ;)

sandragonfly
03-09-2006, 10:57 AM
(((hug))) (((hug))) ..

glad it's better today! :)