PDA

View Full Version : Worried

boscibo
03-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Isabel is showing some blood in her urine. :( I called my vet and am bringing her in tomorrow AM for a urine test.

I have never found blood in one of my cats' urine before. She is only about 4 months old and I am really worried.

She told me something was wrong. I went in to scoop boxes tonight and she hopped in while I was scooping (she never has done that before) to pee...so I figured I'd wait and scoop that...and I noticed a drop of blood on top of the tiny (dime sized) pee spot. She went a few more times while I was in the cat room, always a small amount (like a peanut M&M) and I found another red-tinged spot.

I hope it is nothing serious. She doesn't seem to be in any pain and is playing right now.

Laura's Babies
03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Let us know what the vet says when you take her in.

catnapper
03-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Poor little girl. Hopefully its just a bladder infection and she'll clear up nicely with antibiotics.

icedtea
03-07-2006, 10:43 PM
may pt be with you for your hopefully speedy recovery. isabel is such a cutie!

Uabassoon
03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
I'll be praying for that it's nothing serious. This happened to Tuna not to long ago (the morning that we were supposed to go out of town!). They put him on some antibiotics and gave him some special food and we haven't had any problems since.

kimlovescats
03-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Poor widdle Isabel! She is just too cute to be sick! It sounds like a uriniary tract infection ... should be able to get some antibiotics to clear it up!
Keep us posted! ;)

Lobodeb
03-07-2006, 11:43 PM
This happened to Sammy some time back and it was a bladder infection. I wasn't as good as you were and didn't notice it until I heard him scream bloody murder and found a huge bloody puddle in the middle of the floor. Thank God he hasn't had any problems since. It sounds like you caught it early though.

Either way, good luck and let us know how it goes at the vet's office!

jenluckenbach
03-08-2006, 05:00 AM
Poor kittie, sounds like a bladder infection (UTI). She should be on the road to recovery as soon as the vet prescribes something.

Lizzie
03-08-2006, 05:25 AM
Cystitis is miserable for both cats and humans, and the frequent need to urinate is very uncomfortable. Fortunately, antibiotics will take care of it after a few days and the vet may prescribe another medication to calm the bladder and make her more comfortable. You may find that the problem will come back occasionally but that it will will stop completely as she gets older, that's what happened with a few of mine. It's good that you noticed it early on and that you are acting so quickly.

Felix
03-08-2006, 08:46 AM
Thoughts are with you.Let us know what the vet has to say*Positive thoughts*

Karen
03-08-2006, 08:53 AM
She'll be in our prayers, hopefully it's an easy fix!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Sounds like a bladder infection to me too! Don't worry, your vet will give her meds to take care of this :)
Big hug for Isabel (love that name!!)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Yep, UTI was my first thought too. Seems odd for one so young, but at least she was smart enought to "tell" you and you were smart enough to "hear" her. ;)

Hope it's just a UTI and antibiotics will clear it up! :)

Beauty17
03-08-2006, 09:36 AM
I hope everything turns out to be okay. Think of when humans show blood in their urine - often it is a simple bladder or kidney infection, which causes frequent and sometimes painful urination with a bit of blood, but which can be cured quickly with a bit of antibiotic. Best of wishes for you and your kitty - and congratulations to you for being so observant.

catmandu
03-08-2006, 09:49 AM
wE ARE PRAYING FOR ISABEL THAT SHE WILL BE ALL RIGHT.
IT MAY WELL BE A BLESSING THAT YOU FOUND THIS OUT SO SOON,AS THE VET CAN NOW GET TO THE HEART OF THE MATTER AND CLEAR THINGS UP,BEFORE THE INFECTION GETS TOO BAD.

boscibo
03-08-2006, 03:12 PM
We're back, but the urine sample showed nothing wrong. :confused:

They are going to do additional culture and see what is up, but I won't know until tomorrow. She seems fine.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-08-2006, 03:32 PM
:confused:

Is it possible she's in heat?

Catty1
03-08-2006, 07:53 PM
How old is Isabel now? Maybe she is in heat...has her behaviour changed at all?

Just wondering.

boscibo
03-09-2006, 09:34 AM
She was estimated to be born around Halloween, so she's about 4 months old. She isn't showing any other signs of heat but I'm sure it is possible.

furrykidsmother
03-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Any news?

Kirsten
03-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Poor baby!!! :(

Well, if I learnt anything from the last months with Luna and her constant UITs, it's that urine tests are not always reliable.

But it could be very well that Isabel is in heat, I think.

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
03-10-2006, 11:48 AM
My first guess was that is was also a UTI. I sure hope that whatever it is that it's nothing serious and that it can be easily treated. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

boscibo
03-10-2006, 12:05 PM
They didn't find anything wrong! I have been watching her and she is going normal (for her size) amounts and no more blood, so who knows?