PDA

View Full Version : Best dog tags

slleipnir
03-07-2006, 07:16 PM
What kind of dog tags do you use?

I used to use those metally ones..whatever they're made of...and they would ALWAYS dent/chip so you can't even read the info on it. I got these plastic ones, and they don't do that ever...it's really great.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Mine have plastic tags and I love them! The alluminum ones from Petsmart (or similar stores) seem to bend out of shape and the colour wears off easily. Stainless steel & brass tags are nice too, but I like the plastic because they're just as strong as those ones it seems (depending on where you get them from), they're quieter and they come in a huge variety of colours. I also find them clearer to read.

RobiLee
03-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Thats so funny that you brought this up, Audrey. I was just saying earlier today that Katie and Tori need new ones. You can hardly read theirs and I definitely don't like that. So, where can I get some good ones?

Roxyluvsme13
03-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Where can you buy the plastic ones? Lily chewed her rabies tag to pieces, and her other one is starting to look kinda worn out.

Jessika
03-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Mine have plastic tags and I love them! The alluminum ones from Petsmart (or similar stores) seem to bend out of shape and the colour wears off easily. Stainless steel & brass tags are nice too, but I like the plastic because they're just as strong as those ones it seems (depending on where you get them from), they're quieter and they come in a huge variety of colours. I also find them clearer to read.

I've found the plastic ones can get chewed up easily. :o

I vote for stainless steel, OR the stainless steel tag that slides over the collar. The aluminum tags are just too flimsy, scratch/dent easily and wear off a lot easier over time.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-07-2006, 08:32 PM
I've found the plastic ones can get chewed up easily. :o

Maybe it depends on where they're from then? My dogs play very rough with each other and their tags are in perfect shape. But then again, my dogs do wear tag covers most of the time so it probably protects them. I know a dog who had his plastic tag for 5 years or so before it had to be replaced though.

dab_20
03-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I've got metal one's from petsmart. Molli's is a pink heart and Sam's is a red bone. The colors are wearing off and the words are getting hard to see, and it's only been a couple months. :rolleyes:

I find plastic ones work much better. They last for a really long time.

anna_66
03-07-2006, 10:24 PM
I say get whatever kind of tags you like and put one of these around them...
Quiet Spot (http://www.quietspot.com/quietspot.cfm)
Bon has one of these and I love it! When the girls get new tags they'll be getting one as well:)

BC_MoM
03-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Mickey has the cheap aluminum tag from Petland. He got it in October 2004.. it's now March 2006 and it only has several scratches and is still readable. :D :p

Molly doesn't have a tag at all yet with her personal information. She just has her microchip tag, and her city license.

Pembroke_Corgi
03-08-2006, 09:10 AM
I got my dogs' tags from the tag station at Walmart...the have lasted almost 3 years without any problems. I think they are aluminum. But, I can only have 1 tag on Adele's collar because if she hears or feels 2, she'll rip one of them off. Actually, amazingly she still has her original tags, but I have had to search for them many a time in the backyard!

Suki Wingy
03-08-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm going to buy a nameplate like a bridle id plate things when Niņo's wares out.
thike this but with all his info:
http://www.schaafleatherwork.com/images/3plates.jpg

My Peanuts
03-08-2006, 04:00 PM
I use plastic ones from www.gotags.com. I like them and they put info on the back of the tag too.

Lady's Human
03-08-2006, 07:52 PM
It's funny, I saw the title of this thread and all I could think of was my army ID tags..... :D

slleipnir
03-10-2006, 01:27 PM
I got ones from these machines in pet stores that automatically engrave it for you....That one got all chipped and hard to read...other similar tags do the same....This pet food store sells these hard plastic ones...I've never had a problem with them. They don't bend, chip, dent or anything. Infact, they still look brand new. I don't think I would go back to the other kinds.

Chica
03-11-2006, 11:16 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/letsplay.jpgAll of Chica's tags have been ruined by Chica bitting them. I have had plastic or metal ones.So now I have a tag that fits right on the collar.It doesn't dangle from the collar so she can't reach it to chew on it. I got it from LANDSEND.COM :) :)

Jessika
03-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Chica's tag looks HUGE on that collar :o Maybe its just because the collar is small but still :o

k9krazee
03-12-2006, 02:11 PM
I have ones from the machine at Wal*Mart, they all have held up really nice and are still easy to read a year later!

Kater
03-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I got Nipo's (cat) tags at www.brasspaw.com . While they are expensive, they are made of very sturdy metals!! Perhaps they would not hold up to chewing or a super rambunctious doggie though... I'm not really sure.

This is the one Nipo has : http://www.brasspaw.com/hearttag.html

:)

Kate