PDA

View Full Version : There's a Mutt in the Laundry Room!

Roxyluvsme13
03-07-2006, 06:28 PM
You guessed it! Roxy's in the laundry room :D:D It's because there is an armed and dangerous man on the loose, and I feel much safer with her inside. I may go take a few pics of her in a minute :)

.sarah
03-07-2006, 06:31 PM
This is your chance to start potty-training her and showing your mom that she can be good in the house! :D

Alysser
03-07-2006, 06:31 PM
That's great! I hope she no one gets hurt and I'm glad Roxy's home:)

Roxyluvsme13
03-07-2006, 06:32 PM
I know, but my mom is already objecting. She says I smell already from going to get Roxy. :rolleyes: She has to go back out straight in the morning...but its a start..*sigh*

Vela
03-07-2006, 06:45 PM
If Roxy is making you smell, give her a bath.

Kfamr
03-07-2006, 06:51 PM

You said it, bath time!

Roxyluvsme13
03-07-2006, 07:40 PM
My mom wont let me, but one day when she leaves me alone, I'm sneaking Roxy in for bath time!

Almita
03-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Ya you should for me when I'm home alone and the dogs are outside and i'm bored I grab a hose and I start chasing them with a hose and I won't be bored anymore and the two little munchkins won't smell either. Also on a hot day I do that to them and with a friend we get wet also.

Kfamr
03-07-2006, 07:48 PM
You could always get a damp rag & wipe her down. Atleast she'd be a bit cleaner. :)

Also, as long as you don't soap it up to much, you can wipe her with a rag & dog shampoo. I'd wipe her again with a completely rinsed out rag afterwards.

Roxyluvsme13
03-07-2006, 08:03 PM
I could just buy some dry dog shampoo...
Anyways, she seems very content being inside. Mom said she has to go back out first thign in the morning, but at least shes warmer in here :D

dab_20
03-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Yay! Glad Roxy's inside for now.

I thinks it's really weird your mom won't let Roxy in because she isn't potty trained. You CAN'T potty train her unless she has a chance to come inside. She will smell if you can't give her a bath. Point these things out to your mom.

pipersmom
03-07-2006, 08:46 PM
I just want you to know that I have followed your posts and it's obvious you love Roxy. Continue to plug away at your Mom (one night inside visits are a start) and maybe Roxy will win her over.

I'm glad Roxy is in tonight, in the safe, warm laundry room.

Give her a kiss for me. She's such a pretty girl.

CathyBogart
03-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Way to go Roxy! Glad she found a cozy place for the night.

If you do go get shampoo, I recommend looking for something with tea tree oil. It smells nice and it's good for their skin so it should prevent her from getting stinky quite so fast. At least, it works on Wilbur. He is quite the stinky little dog, just from rolling around in whatever he finds every time he goes outside. :rolleyes:

vinjashira
03-08-2006, 07:48 AM
yay - she's inside :)

I'm a bit puzzled, why doesn't your Mum let you give Roxy a bath?

JenBKR
03-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Woohoo, glad to hear that Roxy's inside! You could get those bath wipes - they might help until you can give her a bath :) Good luck!

BC_MoM
03-08-2006, 08:57 AM
You can always just use handsoap and scrub all over her and then just get a new towel, wet it, and wipe off. Then go buy some doggy perfume.

If your Mom can't stand the smell, how can she think Roxy likes being stinky either? lol

Muddy4paws
03-08-2006, 12:50 PM
You should try dog deodrant or cologne that will mask the doggy smell :)

Roxyluvsme13
03-08-2006, 02:16 PM
yay - she's inside :)

I'm a bit puzzled, why doesn't your Mum let you give Roxy a bath?
Because she doesnt want a stinky mutt in her bathroom apparently. I think Roxy smells fine, but of course I love the smell of dog :p (I know I'm weird)

pipersmom
03-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Because she doesnt want a stinky mutt in her bathroom apparently. I think Roxy smells fine, but of course I love the smell of dog :p (I know I'm weird)

What does she do when she doesn't smell so fresh? Does she ban herself from having a shower in the bathroom? :D ;) :D ;)

Tell her stink perpetuates stink.

Roxyluvsme13
03-08-2006, 02:20 PM
What does she do when she doesn't smell so fresh? Does she ban herself from having a shower in the bathroom? :D ;) :D ;)

Tell her stink perpetuates stink.
No! lol She just makes up any excuse not to have Roxy inside I guess. If I told her that I would get in trouble :rolleyes:

pipersmom
03-08-2006, 02:28 PM
No! lol She just makes up any excuse not to have Roxy inside I guess. If I told her that I would get in trouble :rolleyes:

I was just teasing sweetie. Do you have a basement? Sometimes I bathe our big dogs in the basement.

caseysmom
03-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Our local petco has bathing facilities...you do it yourself, just rent the bathing area.

My Peanuts
03-08-2006, 02:42 PM
It's a start and that's great!

I'm sorry your mom doesn't understand Roxy needs. It must be frustrating for you. My family is just like me, but I can imagine it's very hard. Seems like your mom is boxing you in a bit to me. If Roxy smells, then the only way to fix it is a bath, which she won’t let you do. I'm sorry.

Jadapit
03-08-2006, 03:00 PM
You can buy pet wipes at Walmart. They have aloe in them, they smell really good. I think I paid around $4.00 for them. Maybe your mom would let you get some of those?

lute
03-08-2006, 03:03 PM
atleast she's getting a little bit of a break from the backyard. i wouldn't give up trying to bring her in the house! if you just keep at it maybe your mum will change her mind. my parents changed their minds about Great Danes when they went to a dog show with me and met some. now they say they can't live without one! :rolleyes:

Vela
03-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Well that's a conudrum then, Roxy wouldn't stink if she let her have a bath, but she doesn't want a stinky dog in the bathroom, only way to stop the stink is a bath....Next time you do something good to earn a reward for yourself, like you did with the photoshop program, try to barter with your mom for a bath for Roxy instead, it's cheaper than a program anyway! Then she won't be so stinky and maybe your mom will have less objection to her.

lute
03-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Well that's a conudrum then, Roxy wouldn't stink if she let her have a bath, but she doesn't want a stinky dog in the bathroom, only way to stop the stink is a bath....Next time you do something good to earn a reward for yourself, like you did with the photoshop program, try to barter with your mom for a bath for Roxy instead, it's cheaper than a program anyway! Then she won't be so stinky and maybe your mom will have less objection to her.
GOOD IDEA! :D

Roxyluvsme13
03-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Hah. Report cards are coming up soon. I'm going to tell my mom I want $50 then I'm going to buy things for Roxy so I can give her a bath!