PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats like to have their armpits scratched???

moosmom
03-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Shortie LOVES it...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/itch1.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/itch2.jpg

I read in an issue of Cat Fancy that most cats do. :eek: :rolleyes: :p

catmandu
03-07-2006, 05:48 PM
The Found Cats do as well.
Thier Fvaorite is when you trace Figure 8s down thier spine.
There a book I have called How To Massage Your Cat,that has dozens of different things you can do to make your Cats happy with a Touch.

moosmom
03-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Mollie Rose, my 12 year old Tortie and I have a routine every night. She lays on my lap while we're watching television, and I massage her spine, head and neck. She LOVES it. The more relaxed she feels, the louder her purr gets!! Just DON'T touch her armpits!! She'll let you know she doesn't like it by grabbing hold of your hand and make a running motion with her back CLAWED feet. OUCH!! :eek: My arm ends up looking like shredded wheat! :p

slick
03-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Gosh, Max goes crazy for this. Every morning when I get out of the shower he gives me the "plop"...you know...where they just plop on their side and expose tummy. That's my signal and I must obey. I crouch down and when my hand comes near he stretches his arm way up above his head and demands that I scratch his pit. When that side is done, it's over to the next side. This is his morning routine and God forbid it should be tampered with. :rolleyes:

jazzcat
03-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Rocky loves it.

Cute pictures.

Laura's Babies
03-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Mine love it once they are relaxed and into their rubbing.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Oh yes!!! But when doing this with Inka is risky business :eek: she turns from purring to devil cat in a split of a second :rolleyes: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-08-2006, 09:36 AM
CJ adores armpit skritchies! Peanut prefers that you leave her underside alone. I think that's a leftover from her surgery - you touch the tummy (or nearby) you loose your hand! :eek:

lvpets2002
03-08-2006, 04:45 PM
:) Oh yes my girls just love it.. They will just roll over on their backs & stretch so I will see them & go to scratching & more scratching..

smokey the elder
03-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Tictac loves 'pit and belly scritches. He gets his scritch fix in the morning. He rolls on his back and gives me this lost soul look..."Please pet me! No one's pet me in hours!" :D