PDA

View Full Version : Pouncierge has vanished

catmandu
03-07-2006, 01:13 PM
As I was checking to see if the Porch Cats to see if they needed more food,Pouncierge ran out the door.
I tried to catch her,and she ran.
That was Seven Hours ago,and I have been going out loooking for her.
The trouble is that she looks a lot like Susan the rehomed Pregnant Cat ,that the people next door may think thats it thier Cat.
Not that I think that Pouncierge would go into a strange house with a Big Dog.
Where can my Kitten be.
Miquelito is looking for her as I type.
What a Careless Fool.I am.
Come Home Pouncierge.
PLEASE!!

kb2yjx
03-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Gary!!! You are any thing but careless!!! Kittens have a penchant for running so fast and out doors!!! PRAYERS are being said that Pouncierge comes back to you as soon as possible, unhurt and grateful to be back with you and all the Found Cats, esp. Miquelito!! All hands and paws are folded, and all heads are bowed in pray for the return of Pouncierge

Daisy and Delilah
03-07-2006, 01:24 PM
OMG Gary!! My thoughts and prayers are speeding up to you for the safe return of Pouncierge. I hope she returns to you and the Found Cats very quickly! :(

catnapper
03-07-2006, 01:27 PM
She'll come back home Gary! You have too much good food and warm friends for her to stay away too long.

Catty1
03-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Gary, don't be hard on yourself! Pouncierge is still a kitten, and likely saw something that twigged her curiosity, and BOOM! away she went. Kitten brain.

I believe she is close by...and you must have neighbours that look out for you too!

Prayers for her - and for you! Come home, Pouncy!

hugs
Catty1

kilbarchancats
03-07-2006, 01:51 PM
oh, come home please sweet girl - you are worrying your daddy, your siblings and all of us so, so much. I know you will be safely nearby somewhere and are probably just recovering from the fright of your big adventure.

Come home please - your daddy loves you very much!! I know, because he told us

catmandu
03-07-2006, 01:59 PM
The Neighbors next door were the ones that let Susan get pregnant,and have fleas and ear mites.
I dont want Pouncierge to fall into thier hands.
I am so sda ,I dont know whether to put food out as every Stray in the City thinks its picnic time,and Pouncierge might be too scared to go on the Porch if there are Stray Cats there.
Maybe Ill take the Food away,maybe that will help.
Its the not knowing thats the worst.

furrykidsmother
03-07-2006, 02:01 PM
I am sure she will be back soon. She wouldn't find another place as wonderful as the Found Cats Hotel and I am sure she knows that. Just maybe wanting to do a little exploring. Good thoughts being sent that she will find her way home soon!

jackie
03-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Fingers crossed that Pouncierge finds her way home asap!

Donnaj4962
03-07-2006, 02:12 PM
I am hoping and praying that little Pouncierge is just out exploring the neighborhood! She will be home soon as the other porch kitties will be happy to lead her to where she can have lots of love and food... and she will realize that it was HOME all along!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-07-2006, 02:19 PM
OMG Gary, do NOT blame yourself, please! You are a perfect cat-dad, the best!! Little Pouncierge will be back soo, I just know it. All PT-ers are urging her to get back home, and you know that PT-power is VERY strong :)

Don Juan's mom
03-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Don't feel bad. I had a bad hour last night when I couldn't locate Zerlina, and I actually went looking outside, even though I couldn't figure out when or how she would have gotten out. :confused:

Turned out she'd gotten shut in a cupboard. Silly mom! :o

Pouncierge, please come home! And if you can, bring that bird or mouse home for your daddy!

Liz

Kirsten
03-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Gary, I'm so sorry! :( It's not your fault, please don't blame yourself for this.

Pouncierge, please come back home soon, Daddy is so worried about you!!

Kirsten

catmandu
03-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Its been 8 Hours and she must be Cold and Hungry by now.
I think that she is dirsoriented and I am going out now to see if I can even find a trace.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/Picture1514.jpg
Please Pray for My Baby.

orangemm
03-07-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm praying she will find her way back home to you. It was NOT your fault; something like that could happen to any of us. Kittens are unpredictable!

Pouncierge, get home right now!!!

Queen of Poop
03-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Prayers that you find her quickly, or that she beats you home and is waiting for you.

Laura's Babies
03-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Oh My Gosh Gary, the LES is working overtime.. Because I know how worried you are and how guilty you feel. BUT my friend, with all the kitties already beating their way to your door, I am sure she will find her way back home. Just when you give up, you will hear that little " mew,mew" and there she will be!

QUIT beating yourself up over this! There is NO way you could read her little mind and know what she was about to do. If she isn't home before dark, sit on your porch and just talk to her like she was there and she may follow the sound of your voice and return to you. I will worry with you until we know she is back home at your hotel and YOU are OK!

kimlovescats
03-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Oh NO! Gary ... DO NOT blame yourself! Kitties pull this stunt ALL THE TIME! You know ... CURIOSITY????? I know you are terribly worried, but try not to panic yet ... I would keep looking and calling, and leave some food out. Gosh, I wish I was there to help you look for her!

COME HOME Pouncierge!!!!!

jenluckenbach
03-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Oh NO! :( Gary, she is more likely to show up after dark. But keep the faith.....you know better than all of us that the cat angels are with her keeping her safe, and they will lead her home.

K & L
03-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh Gary I hope she comes home soon. You must be frantic.

Lizzie
03-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I hope that you found her while you went out looking but it's more likely, being a cat, that she will return only when she feels like it. If you sit on your porch tonight, as Laura's Babies suggests, talking to her, tell her that trying to be as famous as Delta is just no joke and she's no Husky, able to brave the elements.

I feel sure that she will come home. If she isn't back tonight, you'll find her near the porch tomorrow morning looking at you as though you were supposed to keep the door open all night for her. I know the guilt is great but you can no more read a cat's mind completely than you can protect them from all ills. Many years ago, I had a cat called Sam who did the same thing to me. I was in absolute despair, visiting shelters, touring the neighborhood all night with a flashlight, etc. Two days later I saw him strolling through the garden towards the back deck as though nothing had happened.

moosmom
03-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Gary, it's not your fault. You know how quick cats are. And if Pouncierge gets hungry, she'll be back to the Found Cats Hotel. Cats NEVER venture far from their food source.

Thoughts and prayers for Pouncierge's return.

(((((((HUGS)))))))))to you honey.

barncat
03-07-2006, 06:41 PM
As everyone is saying...it is not your fault! Cats are fast and we can only do the best we can. You are a fantastic catperson. If I were a cat I would want to belong to your colony.

I would not remove the food from the porch (hungry strays milling about seem even more scary)...but I would spend some time there. Hopefully she will come home soon... I would also contact the vets and animal control to let them know your pet is missing in case someone finds her.

Blessings. You are the best.

jazzcat
03-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Please come home soon Pouncierge.

((((HUGS))))) Gary, don't blame yourself.

AbbyMom
03-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Sending prayers that Pouncierge finds her way back home to Gary, the cat magnet.

Felicia's Mom
03-07-2006, 09:07 PM
I pray for her safe return home.

icedtea
03-07-2006, 10:51 PM
My two kitties have 20 minutes outside each day, perhaps more, and they ave been with us for long enough to know where is home. I hope pouncierge knows there is lots of food to eat and cat piles to join when the time is to come home. i hope pouncierge returns ASAP. My kittens pull this stunt: when somebody opens the door, they both bolt out. I manage to grab one, usually kansas and then I put her inside, go outside and shut the door, chase after and grab seafa and then when i open the door to getmeand seafa in the door, kansas bolts out!
They dont venture out of the property,which is good, they just venture into plants and up the trees. good luck bringing that baby home.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Pouncierge, please come home!

Sonia59
03-08-2006, 03:32 AM
Something similar happened to Jasmine's sister a couple of months ago. The woman who adopted her let her run outside (with the difference that this woman was not a good mom, we know it by now) and the poor little girl was about 4 months old and not very strong yet. On one side of the house there was a big road and on the other side there was a wood. We never thought that such a young cat would come back, and she did! 24h after she escaped she was back meowing at the front door!!

I just want to say that there is still a great chance that she comes back, Gary. It should be terrible for you at the moment but you must believe in it!
(((Hugs))) and POUNCIERGE, PLEASE COME BACK!

Laura's Babies
03-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Gary, any sign of her yet? Please let us hear from you... Are you OK?

Pawsitive Thinking
03-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Any news yet Gary? Please don't blame yourself.....my Cally went missing for over a week when she was first let out but after posting notes through what seemed like 100 doors asking people to open their sheds/garages she came home - safe but hungry

Pouncierge knows where she is best loved and looked after

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed that Pouncierge will be back soon, Gary.

Van10
03-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Prayers are heading your way from Ottawa. . .
Pouncierge come home!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-08-2006, 09:19 AM
I have no doubt that Poucierage will be back, Gary. The cat magnet on your front porch will be too strong for her to resist. I say keep feeding. If all else fails she'll come back when she's hungry, then when you open the door she'll remember how good she had it inside and she'll run right in....and will probably never run out again! ;)

catmandu
03-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Theres still no sign of Pouncierge.
The night before she broke a Ceramic Cat,and I got angry and slapped her bottom.
I hope that she wasnt still mad at me when I went to catch her Yesterday.
A Two Dollar Cheap Trinket and I slapped her.
I would give anything to have Her back so I can say Im sorry.
Miquelito was looking for her to play with him,thats the saddest thing as they were so close.
Very Sad Cat Man,the Guilty One.

kilbarchancats
03-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Max Candy and Tom would like to say

POUNCIERGE PLEASE COME HOME!!!!!!!

We are feeling very badly for you and the Found Cats and share your worry for that dear girl.

She will not have taken offence with you in any way and i'm sure that incident was forgotten just as soon as. She simply could not have a better home - one to which she will return very, very soon I'm sure.

Please, please, please keep us updated - I'm checking regularly for news of our little friend.

Pembroke_Corgi
03-08-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this... is anyone on PT close enough to help search for her? I'm hoping that Pouncierge will come home...

Don Juan's mom
03-08-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm still praying for her, and Don Juan and Zerlina have put in a good word with Goddess Bastet.

Pouncierge baby, come home now! Daddy misses you. :(

Liz

Sonia59
03-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Very Sad Cat Man,the Guilty One.

Oh no, Gary you are not responsible for this! I feel sad that you think it is your fault :(
She was acting naughty and you told her, as her cat mom would have done it.
And you know, cats don't have the same perception of time as we human, have. Don't think that she escaped because of something you have done yesterday. Cats live in the instant. She could not have this in mind when she escaped ;)

kimboe
03-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Oh No, I hope pouncierge will come back home soon and your neighbours don't get there filty paws on her.
I doubt that she left because of the trinket.
I hope she comes home soon.

elizabethann
03-08-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your kitten took off. I hope she will come back or you will find her safe & sound. I am sending positive vibes your way.

Daisy and Delilah
03-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Gary, please stop beating yourself up. You're too good of a person to put yourself through this. Look at how many kitties you help and save and give them the life they deserve. There aren't alot of men like you on this earth Gary. I'll keep you and Pouncierge in my thoughts and prayers. She'll be back Gary. What kitty wouldn't want to live at the Found Cat Hotel?

kb2yjx
03-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Gary!!! We are ALL praying so hard that Pouncierge will be home soon!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-08-2006, 02:31 PM
No news about Pouncierge yet.... , everytime I come on PT, the first thread I go to is this one, hoping for good news :( http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/2huggingcats.jpgDon't give up on Pouncierge, Gary; I am sending you some of my wellknown hugs:
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

Abby&Buddy'sMom
03-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Hurry Home !!!! Poncierge please find your way back very soon!!

orangemm
03-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Have you looked all around your house (the outside, I mean). Everytime one of our cats got out by accident, they kinda hung around our house and neighborhood. They usually hid under bushes and places you wouldn't dream of.

catmandu
03-08-2006, 05:15 PM
I have been over my back yard and cannot find a trace of her.
She must be getting hungry by now,but she is disoriented and doesnt know where to go.
I am going to have my Aunt help me Tomorrow.
I just wish that I had spent the money and enclosed the Porch,and spent the 1200 Dollars.
I hope my cheapness doses not cost Pouncierge dearly.

Laura's Babies
03-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Come on Gary, quit beating yourself up.. She could have just as easily dashed out the door of the screened porch if you had one! Keep putting food out for her and go out after dark and talk to her or read a book or something and let the soothing sound of your voice lure her home...

jenluckenbach
03-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Keep the faith, my friend. We are all praying for her. Remember that Moose was once gone for weeks (as you told us). I know she's afraid, but she'll be OK. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

K & L
03-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I was hoping when I read this it would say she was home. I'm so sorry, but don't give up hope. We lost our Bailey for a couple weeks before we found him.

G535
03-08-2006, 09:00 PM
No matter how careful you are cats are just too fast sometimes. I've had cats missing for weeks and one for over two months and they were all very close to home, just frightened and hiding. Keep thinking positive and looking for her, she's probably watching you right now! :)

kimlovescats
03-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Oh Gary, PLEASE don't be so hard on yourself! You could never be cheap with regards to your pets. You give and give and give, and provide a wonderful loving home and food for many strays. I don't know any other kitties here that eat as grandly as your kitties do either! ;)

Keep the Faith, dear friend!

(((((HUGS)))))
Kim

jazzcat
03-08-2006, 10:17 PM
I just now have a chance to check in but I was so hoping for good news.

Gary listen to the others, don't be so hard on yourself. It could happen to anyone.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and "come home" vibes to Canada!

icedtea
03-08-2006, 10:24 PM
"take chances, make mistakes, get messy" is what ms. frizzle said in magic school bus. live life to the fullest if you regret things. we arent perfect gary. get that porch screened if it willgiver you more confidence. it would be fabulous for your found cats to ahve another play area! pouncierge, come home soon.

kilbarchancats
03-09-2006, 02:50 AM
Any News???

Max, Candy and Tom and I have been thinking of this wee girl desperately and are praying she will be home with you soon. all of our lucky charms and rituals have been engaged to find her and bring her home to the Hotel.