PDA

View Full Version : A first for me!

catnapper
03-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Kinda silly, but I just have to post this:

I had my dental cleaning this morning. I have never, ever, EVER had a cleaning where I didn't walk away needing at least one filling. Never. I have beautiful white straight teeth that rot just to look at them... thats what the dentist told my mom when I was a child, and boy was he right!

Well, today for the first time in my life I walked out of there with a perfect clean bill of dental health. No cavities, no gum disorders, not even a hint of a problem anywhere.

Wooohooo!!! And here I was, bracing myself for a bunch of drilling! I told my dentist that I'm disappointed because now I don't have an excuse to come back and visit him (he's the most awesome dentist and a great guy to boot) :D ;)

moosmom
03-07-2006, 01:18 PM
I am in desperate need of a cleaning. I haven't had benefits in a long time so it's been a while since I've seen the dentist (won't tell you how many years).

You're so very lucky that you got outta there with no cavities. The day I go to the dentist I'm SURE I'll be there a LONG time!

Good news!

pitc9
03-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Way To Go!!!
I know the feeling all too well of always having to have teeth drilled.
Right now I have a filling that is falling out and hurrrrrts. I have to suck it up and go back... but I don't want to. It's gonna Hurt :(
I'm happy for you that you don't have to go back for fillings!

Laura's Babies
03-07-2006, 01:30 PM
GOOD GIRL!!!

Mine need cleaning too but with all that happened last year, I can only afford to get what hurts fixed for right now. Dentist wants me to come back, eye doctor wants me in.... everywhere you go, they need to do something else! I have to go with the most important first and the rest goes on the back burner..

But the dentist I found to go to since I moved back to Louisian, I dearly LOVE! He had to pull a tooth of mine that was hurting and the roots had connected under the jaw and had to be took out in pieces and that man never hurt me the first time.. I was SO impressed! I never met a dentist I liked but I LOVED this one!

catnapper
03-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Donna, the dentist was telling me of a guy he had in last week. He's in his 40's and never once had a dental cleaning. I asked what made him go in for a cleaning last week, and the dentist said the guy's teeth were loose and the guy couldn't figure out why.

Apparently, the guy's teeth were so heavily layered with tartar that he chipped off chuncks of tartar the thickness of teeth! :eek: the guy accused the dentist of breaking his teeth! :eek:

I can't imagine how gross that had to be for the dentist to do!

jackie
03-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey that is great news.

The things I try to take the most care of are my teeth and skin. :)

Karen
03-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Congratulations! It may be a little thing to some people, but i know how good that feels!