PDA

View Full Version : Dana Reeves, passed on..

Jadapit
03-07-2006, 11:06 AM
I saw on the news this morning that Dana Reeves lost her battle with lung cancer. :( I felt really bad when I heard that. Her poor son has been through so much. RIP Dana...

petslover
03-07-2006, 11:19 AM
I heard that on the breaking news too. I hated to hear it. She was such a strong woman. She stood by Christopher's side all the way through. I have such high respect for her. She is a hero of mine!! I feel so bad for the boy though. Losing his dad, and then his mom within a year. I can't imagine it. I hope he can find the strength to get through it. I'm sure he will since he had such strong parents like Dana and Christopher.

I was really shocked to hear that. I thought she was doing better, but I guess we never know when its our time to go.

lvpets2002
03-07-2006, 11:19 AM
:eek: OMG thank you for telling us.. I watch the news all the time & somehow had not heard about this.. She was so young.. You know this cancer was fast due to she only announced she had it last year.. Your right her poor son has lost both his parents so suddenly.. My prayers go out to him & the family..

sasvermont
03-07-2006, 11:22 AM
That poor, poor child.

Laura's Babies
03-07-2006, 01:36 PM
The world lost a wonderful person/role model. So sad for the boy to have lost both his parents so young.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-07-2006, 02:41 PM
The world lost a wonderful person/role model.
Exactly what I thought. :( Both she and Christopher were such an inspiration for so many and it's such a shame that two people that only wanted to do good for others had to both die so young.

Sometimes I just have such a hard time figuring all this out. Two such good people die in the prime of their lives, while someone like Osama Bin Laden continues to thrive and wreak his havoc on the world. It just doesn't make sense and it's all just so sad. :(

carole
03-07-2006, 03:21 PM
OMG i am in shock, i saw an interview not that long ago on Oprah and she seemed to be doing so well, poor thing, so young, and the poor son I cannot imagine what he is going through, there are other children too aren't there? how incredibly sad, and to think she never ever smoked, she will now be with her beloved Christopher, together again, RIP both of them,such a terribly sad day.

lizbud
03-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Sometimes I just have such a hard time figuring all this out. Two such good people die in the prime of their lives, while someone like Osama Bin Laden continues to thrive and wreak his havoc on the world. It just doesn't make sense and it's all just so sad. :(

Is'nt that the truth. The good die way too young.I hope the son gets
a lot of emotional support to help him now. Poor kid.

finn's mom
03-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Oh my gosh, I had no idea. That's awful. Their son has gone through so much already at such a young age! He is probably going to be such an influential man, being from such an amazing family. He's a strong boy, from what I could see. RIP Dana, she and Christopher Reeve are together again.

carole
03-08-2006, 02:15 PM
I saw on the telly last night their son is only 13 years old, that is the same age as my own Melissa, i can only imagine what he is going through, no one should have to bear that much at any age, and it is only two years since he lost his dad, he has hardly had enough time to even cope or get over his loss and now another one, so incredibly sad, i sure hope he has aunts or uncles who will take him in, but still it is never the same, i guess he will grow up to be an influential young man myself,going through so much at this age is going to have a profound affect on him, poor kid, my heart goes out to him.

.sarah
03-08-2006, 02:51 PM
"Only the good die young."

It's so heartbreaking that two strong people (Dana and Chris) were taken from this earth so quickly, especially for their son. I hope he is doing okay, but I bet his heart is in a million pieces.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-08-2006, 02:58 PM
At first I didn't recognize that name. But then I started reading all the replies....
OMG, was she the wife of the paralysed Christopher Reeves :eek: ?? I had NOOO idea she was fighting cancer.... :( . She went through sooo much: first her husband getting completely paralysed, then his death, and then her cancer... . Sometimes I wonder how much misery a human can possibly take :confused:
I feel so immensily sorry for their son. Poor boy.... . Where will he live now?? I hope he has lots of loving relatives

ramanth
03-08-2006, 03:11 PM
RIP Dana. :( :( :(

kimlovescats
03-08-2006, 04:00 PM
How incredibly sad! :( May she rest in peace, and may God comfort their son.

Cat's Meowm
03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
I wonder what poor son will do. He's had years to prepare for death. I hope he becomes a JFK, Jr. But live decades longer.