PDA

View Full Version : How to stop feeding the birds?

lady_zana
03-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Outside my apartment, two beautiful black kitties have been hanging around. I think one belongs to my neighbor because he is not really afraid of people - he simply doesn't like them. However, the other one is extremely timid and I've been working on taming him up.

When I see them, I feed them and I place food out in the mornings in case they come while I'm not in the living room where the window they like to look in at is. The thing is, if I'm not watching, the starlings like to come and finish off any cat food the kitties have left. Does anyone know how to build a little box of some sort that I could make so that the kitties could crawl in and eat but the birds wouldn't be able too get what's left?

Thank you. I will try to keep you updated and maybe get some pictures when the little one is tamer. :)

Laura's Babies
03-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Maybe try putting bird food out in another place for them the birds?

K & L
03-07-2006, 11:00 AM
I made this for my ferals here at work. You can't see the other side but there's another opening on the opposite side so the cats have a means of escape if needed. The whole it the top is so I just have to remove that lid to fill the food container. The birds don't go in there cause they feel trapped. This is just a large Rubbermaid container.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p8cb7d4ac1014016b7f7de0ca700fe29c/efec7484.jpg

lady_zana
03-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Thank you for your ideas!

I would have never thought to make something like that! Thank you for the suggestion. I'll make one of those. Hopefully, I can tame this little boy. He's so beautiful. :)

catmandu
03-07-2006, 02:22 PM
I have never heard of Birds eating Cat Food before,but I guess if you are hungry enough,you will try the Other Animals Dinner.

Corinna
03-07-2006, 02:48 PM
starlings will eat any thing much like gulls