PDA

View Full Version : I REALLY need everyones HELP!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-06-2006, 11:58 PM
I've decided on the topic of my next creative writing paper.

I want to do a paper on the importance of pets in peoples lives.

What I need from YOU is unique, heartwarming stories about the bond between you and your pets; what they've done for you, how much they've helped you, how well you've bonded. If you want, you can include your name so I can directly quote you.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

catnapper
03-07-2006, 07:16 AM
I don't know about others here, but I know for certain that fostering kittens helped me out of a major depression. I found it impossible to cry and laugh at my foster kitten's antics. I became more conerned about their health, well being and happiness and the simple act of loving them pulled me out of depression. When I felt myself slipping back into depression last spring, I asked for special needs kittens; Flutter is still here a year later and I couldn't be happier.

Whenever I feel even the teensiest bit sad, I have 5 kitty nurses that attend to me. They all somehow KNOW I need some extra attention. I get relief from simply looking into their eyes, and their purr automatically calms me.

Speaking of purrs -- no human could ever develop a pill that soothes and calms a migraine better. If I have a migraine I grab one of the cats and head to bed, where they purr me to a deep sleep. I'll be able to sleep well and wake up without the migraine.

They have also been the way I've been able tomake friends here on the internet and in real life. Because of Pouncer, I became involved in the cat rescue I adopted him from. There I met many wonderful friends. I have found a passion (escuing cats) and people of similar temperments and personalities. There really is a bond with my "cat friends" unlike any I've made in other areas of my life.

Karen
03-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Just click through and read the stories on http://PetoftheDay.com, http://Catoftheday.com and http://DogoftheDay.com - any one of them could give you more than enough for a paper!

Laura's Babies
03-07-2006, 09:46 AM
When I went to work on the river, being out there for 28 days, I felt just didn't allow for me to have pets. I took my wonderful kitty to my sister's to live and went to work on the river. It was so dull and boring to come home to a empty house that I would ask to work over as much as I could. I didn't care if I ever came home anymore.

While on my 28 off days one July, my son showed up for a visit with a kitten, said he brought it for me. I told him, the kitten was adoreable but I couldn't have a cat working like I do. He took the kitten and left. The next day, he showed up with the kitten again saying, "You KNOW you want him Mama!".. and I did. I couldn't turn him away twice so I kept him and worked it out that my daughter would keep him while I was gone. Going back to work that time was the hardest thing I had to do and I couldn't WAIT to get home to see my baby!! I have since gotten 3 more to make a total of 4 cats I have now and I do not work over anymore and coming home is so thrilling that I just can not wait to get here! Chester just turned 4 years old and he now has 2 homes, my house and my daughters and my other 3 stay with my son when I am at work. Coming home is such a thrill!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys! Anymore?

gemini9961
03-08-2006, 05:31 PM
My bond with my 3 grows more and more everyday. Sadie however is the one I have the strongest bond with. Probably because she was the first one and MY first dog that was my own. I love to go home and see all 3 wagging their tails at the door. When I come in they all jump on me and give kisses. Always, always happy to see me. They play a huge part in helping to relieve stress and calm me down if I am upset. Nothing is better than hugging and cuddling on any of them. They each have their own unique personalities and quirks which I adore. I have never been without some kind of pet and I vow I will never be without a dog in my life, preferably a few at the same time. Dogs mean the world to me and I would love to share my home with each and every one I see, although that is not possible I can still dream.

Amber

My Peanuts
03-08-2006, 05:48 PM
I'll try to think of good stories, but I have this to offer right now.
My Dad is your typical dad. He works hard and he's a Harley driving tough guy. When our Shih Tzu, Angie passed away my Dad was so depressed and visually upset that he missed three days of work. It's VERY rare to see my Dad this way. The impact of her death hit him and me so hard because she was seen as an equal in our house.

Laura's Babies
03-08-2006, 10:26 PM
I would like to share with you Boo's story. Boo was my Mama's kitty. Mama had moved to Florida and was depressed because she missed the home she moved away from. For Christmas her first year there, her grand daughter showed up in a BIG coat and had it pulled around her. She walked into Mama's bedroom and said "Granny, I have your Christmas present in my coat... do you want it?", and pulled out a cute little orange and white kitten. From that day on, Boo was Mama's baby, her "red headed step child" she called her. Boo was with Mama for years when Mama was diagnosed with terminal cancer. They gave Mama 6 months. Mama was so worried about Boo that she forgot she was dying and kept on going, well past her 6 month mark, 8 months, 9 months, a year and Mama was still up and taking care of her baby Boo. Several times she had to be hospitalized but her stays had to be brief because she had to hurry home to take care of Boo. Mama lasted 17 months with Boo by her side, needing only the love and care that she could give Boo. The night Mama died, Boo was with her, laying on Mama's stomach when she drew her last breath and stayed there until they came to take Mama to the funeral home. She was the reason Mama held on and I think having Boo to fuss over and take care of, took Mama's pain away and made her death so much easier.

My sister still has Boo. Mama died in 1999 and Boo is still Mama's cat, she is just waiting until time comes for her to join Mama on the other side. My sister dreads that day, she said having Boo is like still having a piece of Mama's heart with her and loosing Boo will be like loosing Mama all over again. We will forever be grateful to Boo for being such a faithful companion to our Mom and keeping her going when she was suppose to have died.

dukedogsmom
03-08-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm at work right now so can't type a whole lot. But, here's a poem I wrote for Duke if you want to use it. It's hard to find time right now to do things but if I can, I'll try to give you more.

Duke
I'd give my life for you if I could
because without you, my life is no good
You're getting older every day
It breaks my heart to see all that gray.

The time we have left is most dear to me
So I know I shouldn't spend it with worry.
I should cherish evey moment we have together
Just remember, I'll love you forever.

You get so sad when I have to leave
Those flat ears and sad eyes make me want to stay
I know you can't understand my going away
But even when I'm gone, you see,
my heart is with you eternally

There will be no permanent goodbyes
for you'll be in my heart at all times
I'd give my life for you if I could
because without you, my life is no good

And don't forget about Doogie's adoption story.
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=63988&highlight=beginning

Kfamr
03-08-2006, 11:28 PM
I will try to write more later (Thank you for sending me this link, by the way) but, for now here is an "about pet" for a photo contest I entered...

"Simba is a 8 year old shelter rescue. I adopted him when he was 8 months old - he is my very first dog. But to call him my dog is an understatement. He is a part of my soul, the most understanding friend, and my never-ending box of tissues. He knows when I am happy and returns the feeling with a great big leap and ricochets off of my legs, demanding play. He knows when I am sad and comes to my side giving me gentle licks of comfort. We have grown together and nothing would be the same without him by my side. Gaze into his eyes and he's bound to wrap you around his little paw."