PDA

View Full Version : It can be hurtful

dog_pug123
03-06-2006, 03:38 PM
You know it can be hurtful when you post a board and see how many veiws you have but you have 0 replies, even if you bump it, you don't get replies. I posted a board and I got hundreds of veiws but no replies. I understand that you cannot reply to every board. After a week or so I deleted it. The point is I'm hurt, I know it's not a very good reason, but I am, I think more hurt than I should be. Knowing how many people are here and how many replies we get its some what ridiculous, and hurtful. I think we should inprove by replying when we veiw, and not just one word. I think that would improve the board a lot. I know I'm not the moderator, and sorry Karen and Paul for taking over your job for a bit, just wanted to share this. I know MyLittleMutt feels some what the same as me.

luvofallhorses
03-06-2006, 03:40 PM
don't feel bad.. some people don't have time to reply because a)they have dial up. b)they don't know what to say, etc.

dog_pug123
03-06-2006, 03:42 PM
I can understand that well. But it's just all the veiws and no replies. It hurts, you know?

Alysser
03-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Like luvofallhorses says some people just don't have time and very good reasons. A major reason some people don't reply to some threads is because 1)they don't want to arrouse arguments if the thread is sad or bad.

Kfamr
03-06-2006, 03:59 PM
BUT, consider the amount of time you've been here and people have gotten to know you.. not even a month! Versus some of us who have been here 3-4 years, some less, some more. Post replies to others, post useful threads, etc.. Get to know everyone and let everyone know you!

luvofallhorses
03-06-2006, 04:00 PM
BUT, consider the amount of time you've been here and people have gotten to know you.. not even a month! Versus some of us who have been here 3-4 years, some less, some more. Post replies to others, post useful threads, etc.. Get to know everyone and let everyone know you!

I agree.

dog_pug123
03-06-2006, 04:04 PM
But I've been here since the beggning of February and I know everyone. But everyone doesn't know me?... :(

Flatcoatluver
03-06-2006, 04:05 PM
:) You may think you know everyone but I have been here for half a year and I am still getting to know people that our here for years.

dog_pug123
03-06-2006, 04:07 PM
I've seen boards that say 'Where is _______' or 'Have you seen _______', but I was gone for a week or so and did not see even one of those for me. I don't want this to turn into an argument I just wanted everyone to know that I am hurt and will be for a bit.

Kfamr
03-06-2006, 04:11 PM
And I want you to understand that it is NOT personal!

Give it time and become a pillar of PT.

Even after being here for 5 years, I hit my 20,000 mark a month or so ago and did anyone notice?? NOPE... Not even my closest PT friends! People have lives, growing families, and their personal business to tend to. So I've learned not to take it personally, and hopefully you can do the same.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Hang in there sweetheart - I know how you feel but can also reassure you that when you most need PTers they are right here for you!

Alysser
03-06-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't know you that well. You don't post alot or as much about yourself. I used to think it was hurtful when I first joined. Sassy's pictures never got that many replies and now they do. Patience.

dog_pug123
03-06-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm going to try that.

I go around the boards looking to see if it says '0' in the replies zone so people don't have the same feelings as me. I wish other people could do the same. I'm trying not to take it personally and in a hour or so the had feelings with be over. Just wanted to share.

Flatcoatluver
03-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Yeah Alyssa that's a very good point, people don't reply very often unless they get to know you.

dog_pug123
03-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Hang in there sweetheart - I know how you feel but can also reassure you that when you most need PTers they are right here for you!

Thank you. Messages like yours really make me feel better.

dog_pug123
03-06-2006, 04:18 PM
I don't know you that well. You don't post alot or as much about yourself. I used to think it was hurtful when I first joined. Sassy's pictures never got that many replies and now they do. Patience.

I'll post lots about myself in the Introductions board then. Hopefully people will reply.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Here's the proof

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=100188&page=2&pp=15

not to mention how many of us are praying for Glacier's Delta to come home

Pawsitive Thinking
03-06-2006, 04:26 PM
And I want you to understand that it is NOT personal!

Give it time and become a pillar of PT.

Even after being here for 5 years, I hit my 20,000 mark a month or so ago and did anyone notice?? NOPE... Not even my closest PT friends! People have lives, growing families, and their personal business to tend to. So I've learned not to take it personally, and hopefully you can do the same.

Ooooops! Belated congratulations and mega-cyber party???

Sensitive bunch aren't we? I had a sulk because no one noticed my 2000 but this weekend, when I have really needed love and support, PT has come through with flying colours. No responses doesn't mean we don't care

Husky_mom
03-06-2006, 04:29 PM
i´ve been almost a year now and i dont feel bad if i post and noone replies i´m glad thet they are seen at least, if they have something to say they will, i myseelf sometimes dont reply ´cause what i was going to was already replied, or i dont feel like relplying at all at that time, or i´m running on time, have a ot of stuff to do, but i at least try to read everything, and as Kay said you´ve been here for a little while wait a bit more and dont get anxious and post threads like crazy just to get attention (i seen this before, not you)
and let us miss you........
threads asking for people are from very best friends or people concerned about something to people who had been here for years not a few weeks......

take it easy adn enjoy it, dont feel bad

dab_20
03-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way. Lots of people don't have time or they don't know what to say. Maybe because SOME people don't know you. It all takes time to get to know everyone here. I know most people on the dog and pet side, but still have alot of people to get to know on the cat side. I've been here for a little more then a half a year.

Flatcoatluver
03-06-2006, 04:50 PM
When guest open up our thread does that count of being viewed?

dog_pug123
03-06-2006, 05:00 PM
I forgot about that. I guess you are right FlatCoatLuver. Anyway, I am over it now. But so you guys get to know me, heres a thread all about me. Beware: ITS LONG!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1430045#post1430045

And if you have time.... please reply

dab_20
03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
I forgot about that. I guess you are right FlatCoatLuver. Anyway, I am over it now. But so you guys get to know me, heres a thread all about me. Beware: ITS LONG!

And if you have time.... please reply

There isn't a link. :confused: I'd love to see it though. :)

dog_pug123
03-06-2006, 05:05 PM
I just added it. Sorry about that!!!!!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-06-2006, 05:06 PM
There isn't a link. :confused: I'd love to see it though. :)

I found it...

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1430045#post1430045

dog_pug123
03-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks.

IRescue452
03-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Sorry I don't have times to look for all the posts with no responses and post for them. Nobody here is trying to hurt you or others. If you delete your own posts and get grumpy then how are we supposed to react. I've gotten posts with no responses but I've never attacked the people on the board for it. So nobody wrote anything, boohoo. sometimes the view is all you need. Pictures are cute and you can guarentee everybody who viewed them thought they were adorable, but maybe for some reason or another they didn't have time to write the awws that they felt.

Daisy and Delilah
03-06-2006, 08:20 PM
I try to read and reply to everything. Or should I say, I reply to anything I feel I can contribute to? I apologize if I missed your thread. Don't take this personally for real. As Kay said, keep on developing your identity on the board and you'll see a change. Make friends by commenting to as many threads as you can, always stay positive, and above all, make friends through private messaging. You'll be pleased to see how many friends you've made some day :)
p.s. Don't forget; this is the internet ;) (((((HUGS)))))

BOBS DAD
03-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't know how long I've been a member... but it has been longer than the beginning of February (I think, maybe not), I am only now beginning to recognize names and associate with their pets, interests, etc.. I try to view the public profiles so I can know a little bit more about the people and their posts. I think people won't post a reply sometimes if they feel it can be misconstrued or simply they don't know what to say. But they still enjoy browsing. I personally don't like it when people intentionally bump their posts... I like to let them run their course. Also, I love my Bob, but I try to control myself from posting too many photos or always talking about him exclusively. I do agree with you that we should give what we get (I think the Beatles said something like that). If people have responded to me and my posts, then I try to make a point to respond to as many others, if not more.

Truth be told, some posts are simply more interesting than others. Also, back to one of my original points. It is hard for say, an older man (me - 47), a father and a family man to sometimes know what's appropriate to younger members (teens and young adults). With so much internet luring going on (I worry about it with my own kids - 20, 17 & 12), it's hard to know if it is OK to be too cozy. Sometimes I want to say, Happy Birthday, your profile picture is very cute, I used to work in Minnesota, etc., etc., in response to interesting publicly posted info. But then, I say, "better not", might be misconstrued as a pervert trying to lure someone.

So, I think patience is key! The longer you, I and others are members, the more we will see of each other and the more comfortable we will become. I can tell this from viewing (but not always posting replys) the interaction between some of the longer PT members!!!

finn's mom
03-06-2006, 08:52 PM
I can see how it would bother you but try to remember that people aren't trying to single you out by not replying, even if they've viewed what you've posted. So, keep in mind that sometimes threads like this can be hurtful to people who view and don't reply, because you are singling out that group of people who do just that, even if you're not pinpointing one particular person or naming names...it goes both ways. And, as someone else said, this is the internet, keep that in mind also. I can't vouche for other's reasons for not replying, but, I can almost guarantee that it's not anything against you personally. And, also, keep in mind, this is not a popularity contest. It's about quality, not quantity. You will have better friends out of this whole situation if you just don't worry so much about numbers of any kind. Good luck and welcome to Pet Talk.