PDA

View Full Version : No More Seal Killing!!!

moosmom
03-06-2006, 11:56 AM
I have immense respect for Sir Paul McCartney. He and his wife are in Canada on a mission to convince the residents and Prime Minister of Canada to stop seal killing once and for all. I just saw a news clip about it and he was petting a baby seal. Brought tears to my eyes to think that these precious creatures will soon die at the hands of a club and a bunch of @$$holes who see them as $$$$$$$. :mad:

Way to go Sir Paul!!

jackie
03-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Here is more info about the seal hunt.

Seal Hunt (http://archives.radio-canada.ca/IDD-1-73-986/politics_economy/seal_hunt/)

Miss Z
03-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Ugh, seal culling really gets to me. Seal pups are the cutest little things and are so helpless, then some big guy comes along with a club...horrible:( :mad: I'm glad Sir Paul is doing something about it.

The fur always looks far better on the seal than on some rich person:mad:

slick
03-06-2006, 03:56 PM
It's threads like this that make me embarrassed to be a Canadian. :o

sammy101
03-06-2006, 04:18 PM
i posted about it.. heres the thread and theres a petition to sign also.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=99804
Its very sad,since i'm canadian,and it makes me very ashamed that they still do this... :(

Pawsitive Thinking
03-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Why can't they put all the effort into injecting the adult seals with contraceptives? Those poor seals have enough to contend with without Sir Paul descending on them (kidding! I think he's great too)

Cataholic
03-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Slick, and other Canadians....it isn't being Canadian that taints you, as you are not for the 'problem'. Please don't think any other way. :(

carole
03-07-2006, 03:16 PM
I have signed the petition and sent it on to three friends, remember all of us at sometime are not proud of what our country does, the best thing is to try and make a change, that is what really matters, by signing this petition that is one step in the right direction. :)

king2005
03-08-2006, 02:54 PM
I have a question.. What about the Meatrex? Is there a petition about that?
If not, then how sad is it that wild animals have more rights then the ones already in people hands.

If the no-kill seal law pass' then seals will have more rights then pets.

Not trying to argue, just opening other doors that some don't think of.

Also,

Look at whats happened to the deer population after people were scared & told that hunting is wrong & so on... Its out of control, to the point that the latest # I heard was 50,000 deer inside the city of Ottawa! All the deer I ever saw there were thin, or bloody mess' all over the roads & ditches.
Has anyone ever watched a deer get hit by a car & then slowly die? Ya its something that wont get out of my head, its a burned in image. Not only was it painfull to watch it get hit, then slowly die, but its also such a waste of food! If there were more people hunting the deer, there would be less accidents & starvations.

I was all for the seal hunt as long as it was done by the book! Which means FAST deaths! When you see a seal hunter, slowly killing a seal, or a seal flopping about in a pool of blood, or 1 being skinned alive, ALL THAT IS AGAINST THE LAW!

Did you know you can physicaly kill a dog aslong as its a quick death. I don't mean you can walk into someones yard & kill a dog. But lets say a dog bit your kid (just a little nip, not attacking), you can go up to the dog & beat it to death with a 2X4 as long as you keep beating it until its dead & not letting it drag its body in pain until it dies, must be as quick as you can do it. Which also means you can kill the dog with your bare hands (however you cannot hang the dog)...

In my personal opinion I think that people really need to work harder on pet & livestock laws & then work on hunting "methods", regulations & enforcement (thats the big issue) not stopping hunting all together, as thats bad for every human & beast.

Cataholic
03-08-2006, 03:06 PM
King,
I don't know anything about the Meatrex, so, I cannot say much. But, just because there isn't something going on over every cause out there doesn't mean this one should be diminished somehow.

And, I might point out that ACCIDENTLY killing or maiming a deer with a vehicle is a bit different than INTENTIONALLY killing an animal for its fur. Sheesh.

Why can't we just admit that what goes on with the seals is awful, inhumane, and senseless?

Hunting, as a 'sport' is just so wrong to me. Some sport.

king2005
03-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Hunting, as a 'sport' is just so wrong to me. Some sport.

Hunting isn't just a sport! Its retards that turned hunting into a sport that ruin it for the rest of us!

Sport hunting is when there is a prize involved, like money or the head (GROSS!!).

Hunting is when the whole animal is used, food, clothing, blanket, etc.BIG difference!

Want to know WHY hunters (not those retard sport hunters) get excited over a kill? Because they tracked, waited in the rain & mud or heat for DAYS until they found a deer to shoot. They are happy because they can now go home with healthy food.
Hunters work their butts off making sure that they can can kill the deer in 1 shot. No hunter enjoys a suffering prey.

Also hunters don't use deer urine, camo & other sport hunting crap. All they need is a good gun, weeks & months of practice & deer tags to make a good clean kill (meaning the animal falls dead on the spot).

edit.. opps didn't see the "as a sport" in your post.. but the info is still good for those that don't know there is a difference.

carole
03-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Johanna you wrote my thoughts exactly, i agree just because another cause is not being dealt with , does not mean we should ignore this one, and yes it is time we just admitted it is barbaric end of story, the can of worms has been opened again. :(

Personally i can never understand how anyone can enjoy hunting an animal, i hate it when we have duck season shooting here, none of us are hungry and need to hunt for food,not in your country or mine, for those who do to survive well that is a different story all together.

king2005
03-08-2006, 03:28 PM
the can of worms has been opened again. :(

There is nothing wrong with a polite debate. Its when people start calling others horrible things or bashing the hell out of their opinions is when its bad.

Debates are always good, seeing only 1 side of something is never a good thing.

king2005
03-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Personally i can never understand how anyone can enjoy hunting an animal, i hate it when we have duck season shooting here, none of us are hungry and need to hunt for food,not in your country or mine, for those who do to survive well that is a different story all together.

Do you enjoy eatting contaminated meats? ewww
What I mean is that the cows in the usa are pumped full of drugs & hormons. That stuff stays in the meat of the animal & then humans eat that, which gives them cancers & all sorts of other issues.

Deer are wild, no drugs or hormones pumpped into them.

However the hormone issue isn't in canada, that is banned here, but antibiotics & what nots are still given to the cows, which are still harmfull to humans & our pets.

Thats why hunting is good.

lizbud
03-08-2006, 04:52 PM
What goes on with these seals really has nothing to do with "hunting".
There is no HUNT, it's a slaughter. What kind of "hunt" stalks a prey who
can't get away. There is no chase. The female seals have their babies to
think of & won't leave them in danger. The young ones cannot swim away.

Some sport is right. :mad:

Cataholic
03-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Want to know WHY hunters (not those retard sport hunters) get excited over a kill?

Call me crazy, but anyone that gets 'excited' over a killing is just plain wrong. I wouldn't want that excited person anywhere near me, my child, my house, etc. Excited? Over death? No way. No how.

king2005
03-09-2006, 09:55 AM
I don't see how getting healthy food is such a bad thing. If you wern't happy that you could finally go home with "healthy food", then you wouldn't hunt & you would eat that toxic meat at the store & get freaky things like cancers & enjoy that some how.

& its not the KILLING of the animal that is the exciting part, its the finallying going home part & knowing that you can eat safe meat.

Even if safe meat started popping up at the stores, you still need different meats in your system. Its not healthy only eatting beef, chicken or pork.. & for me Pork isn't in my diet & chicken is slowly being removed, as I'm getting ill off of it (poor digestive system, caused by an ulser).
Rabbit, duck, deer, cariboo, moose & other meats (not preditors or endangered animals, to me thats sick & wrong) is good to have in you system.

another thing that I just thought of... What about bugs? How many millions do we kill because they bother us, fly in our face, or live too close to our homes?
Ex. Cockroaches, flies, ants, spiders, garden bugs, hornets, etc. We stomp, squash, drown, set fire too, poison & trap (death), millions if not billions of bugs yearly.. I'm pretty sure thousands of people get excited after they have killed so called annoying bugs... They feel pain too. The only difference is that they aren't cute & cuddly.

carole
03-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Firstly to my knowledge our meat here in NZ is hormone free for a start, including our chickens, I have never eaten meat from a hunt in my life to be honest.

I think this thread is getting off the main subject really and becoming a debate once again over hunting and not what it really is about slaughter,we could argue on and on over our difference of opinions on hunting, but the intention of this thread it yet again to bring to the attention of everyone the barbaric culling of innocent baby seals.

Again i find it odd to believe anyone can condone this practice,there are many things going on in our world that are just plain disgusting, each and every one of them deserves out attention, some might be considered more important, but in the end we can only do so much, there is still nothing wrong with taking up every cause possible and try to do something to make a positive change about it.

If you sign the petition you are at least trying to help these changes come about.