PDA

View Full Version : Apparently I didn't have enough to worry about...

Glacier
03-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Apparently, I don't have enough to worry about with Delta being gone. Now Raven is hurt. I have no idea how she did it, but she's injured her left hip. I afraid it may be something chronic. She hasn't done well in harness lately. About 10 days ago, I let her run loose and she barely kept up with the team. Raven is a running maniac and would normally be well ahead of us. Now she can't jump up on her doghouse. When she tries she barely gets her front paws up and she screams in pain. When she sits, she tucks her left side under instead of sitting straight back. She is weightbearing on all her legs and eating ect. She's not playing with Deuce though.

If she were a normal dog, you'd never know anything was wrong. But Raven is not normal. She's a energetic, goofy, hyperactive, squealing ball of fur. She's not even making her happy sound--which sounds much like an injured hog! I often tell her that I'm looking forward to the day she slows down a bit, but I don't want it to happen because she's in pain!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/ravey.jpg
The vet can't see her today. He would if it was an emergency, but since she is weighbearing and eating, it's not urgent. She's going in tomorrow morning. Today she's supposed to stay quiet and I'll give her some Metacam.

Argh, there's always something....

finn's mom
03-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Aw, dang. Poor pretty Raven. Yeah, it's a good thing you know your dogs the way you do. I hope she's able to get into the vet's soon and that you find out it's nothing major. I'm sorry, I know what it's like...when it rains, it pours. Keep us posted, I know you will...

Queen of Poop
03-06-2006, 10:53 AM
I hear you, if it's not one thing it's another. Perhaps this is the distraction you need that will bring Delta home. I pray that Raven is ok. I pray also that you have the strength to keep on going.

gemini9961
On no Tamara, this is not what you needed. Prayers for Raven and Delta.

jackie
Poor Glacier,

I hope it is nothing with Raven. Good luck at the vets.

conans_in_heaven
03-06-2006, 10:57 AM
OH BOY! i am SO sorry, when my dog died i thought nothing could get worse....but it did....my guinea pig died a week later! There is alwasy somthing! I will keep praying for you.....I'll pray as soon as i am done with this post!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

~amanda

Kfamr
03-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. I don't even know what to say.
Raven is so lucky that her mommy noticed though, hopefully it's something you all can get fixed up soon.

{{HUGS}} to you and to Raven....

Corinna
03-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Glacier a big HUG to you and Raven

Husky_mom
03-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Many many hugs to you, we know you´ve been through a lot lately and we are here for you even we can´t be really tehre to help you out, we keep you in our thoughts every single day.............Raven be a good girl and stay calmed so mommy can get you to the vet tomorrow without being so stressed, and Delta please come closer so mommy can get you back to home........

Daisy and Delilah
03-06-2006, 11:42 AM
When it rains it pours Dear Tamara! I hope Raven will be okay and you get some much needed relief soon. I'll be praying for you, Stuart, Raven, and of course for Delta to return soon. :(

cyber-sibes
03-06-2006, 11:45 AM
(((((((hugs)))))) to you & Raven. Prayeres that whatever is going on is minor and "fixable".

She's not even making her happy sound--which sounds much like an injured hog!
Oh, is THAT what that sound is? Sherman makes it when I take the food bowl in to fill it up, I've come running back out many times because it sounds like Star must be killing him! (She's usually several feet away!) :rolleyes:

Flatcoatluver
03-06-2006, 11:53 AM
(((HUGS))) I am so sorry this is happening to you!!! you will be in my Prayers.

Anita Cholaine
03-06-2006, 11:55 AM
This is just what you neeeded...I'm really sorry :( Prayers and big (((hugs))) for you and Raven...

Lobodeb
03-06-2006, 12:17 PM
You poor thing, Tamara! More prayers being sent from Chicago to you, Stuart, Delta and Raven.

My heart goes out to you, really!

Ginger's Mom
03-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Ah Glacier, I am so sorry. :( Big hugs to you, Stuart, Delta, Raven and the rest of your crew up there. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with Raven, but what a lucky girl she is to have such an attentive Mom to have caught it so quickly. More prayers and good thoughts going out.

Alysser
03-06-2006, 01:38 PM
OH NO! :eek: I'm so sorry! :(

IRescue452
03-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Poor girl. Does it hurt her when you touch it? Autumn seems to like a good massage when her hips are hurting. I think she's got the beginnings of hip dysplasia. Anyway, give her some hugs and attention for me and make sure you bring Delta home tonight.

Pembroke_Corgi
03-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Poor Raven. I really hope it's nothing serious.

Good luck at the vet tomorrow.

Animal Lover12
03-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Oh my godness! She is soo cute!! I pray for her to get much better! THINK POSITIVE..as my mom always reminds me..it always works. I soo sorry that she is feelings this way! :( I know she will be just fine though and feel much better soon!! (thinking positive..like always)

Best Wishes! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
03-06-2006, 04:11 PM
What's the saying? "It never rains but it pours"..............sometimes its hard to believe that everything happens for a reason isn't it? Extra prayers for you and yours tonight mate!

Vela
03-06-2006, 04:20 PM
I sure hope it turns out to be nothing serious. I hate when they are hurting, and you do aready have enough to worry about so for both of your sakes I hope it's nothing major, maybe a pulled muscle. Let us know! Will keep her in our thoughts !

dab_20
03-06-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm so sorry. I know you've got so much to worry about all ready... and now even more!! I must really be stressful. I hope it's nothing too serious and that Raven can be her happy normal self soon! And still praying that Delta comes home!

anna_66
03-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Oh Raven baby, I do hope it's nothing serious. I hope the meds momma gave you make you feel better and the doc finds out what the problem is asap.
And since momma has good news about seeing Delta, I know it's gonna be good news for you too! In no time you'll be with your buddy Deuce just a laying on the dog house together again:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/couple.jpg

K9karen
03-07-2006, 01:11 AM
OMG! I'm so saddened to read this. I'm praying it's nothing serious. Poor Raven.

vinjashira
03-07-2006, 03:36 AM
I hope it's nothing serrious :(