PDA

View Full Version : Guilt...guilt...guilt...

Don Juan's mom
03-06-2006, 10:47 AM
This morning, I had breakfast and tried to read the newspaper around Don Juan, who always tries to keep me away from things that may upset me. (Unfortunately, he hasn't figured out a way to spirit the bills out of the locked mailbox before I see them.) As usual, he ended up in my lap with his paws over my right arm.

But, I had to go to work, and I gave him a hug and told him that I had to go so I could keep a roof over his head and food in his bowl, then put him down in the chair.

And he looked so SAD! :(

Now I feel guilty for leaving him, even though he has fresh water and breakfast and Zerlina to play with. :( Damn.

Liz

Laura's Babies
03-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I have always felt guilty for leaving ANY of my kitties at home alone all day, so you can imagine how guilty I feel for leaving them for 28 days, even with other people. I KNOW how you feel!

kimlovescats
03-06-2006, 05:12 PM
(((hugs))) I know it must be very tough to leave him all day ... but just think how happy he is to see you when you get home! It's like a celebration every single night!!! ;)

catmandu
03-06-2006, 05:16 PM
I just knew that it was my duty to go out and earn the money to feed my Friends and had to be done.
Now Im an old Retired Geezer and only have to go out to get thier Food and take The Angels out to Lunch!!

rg_girlca
03-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh I know how you feel. I tell my boys, "Don't worry, mommy won't be long", and when I get home, I feel so good when they come out to greet me. :)

But they do have to understand, that in order for them to be spoiled and taken care of, we HAVE to leave them to go to work and pay for it all. :D