PDA

View Full Version : Celebration time at the New Jersey Aquarium

momcat
03-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Our local news did a story yesterday about one of the residents of the Aquarium, Bubbles the hippo. She turned nine years old and the Aquarium is holding a month long birthday party in her honor. Visitors even get to sign a big birthday card for her. There has been quite a turnout for the festivities, everyone wants to wish her a happy birthday. Bubbles even gets her own "vegetarian" birthday cake! What a great thing for them to do!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUBBLES!!!!!

Laura's Babies
03-06-2006, 10:17 AM
What a cool idea!! A month long celebration! Happy Birthday Bubbles!
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/2.gif

catmandu
03-06-2006, 05:35 PM
The Found Cats All Hope Taht Bubbles The Hippo Gets Everything That A Hippo Could Want For Her Birthday.
Is 9 Old For A Hippo,or Is That A Young Hippo?
My Knowledge Of Hippos Is Somewhat Limited,you See.

momcat
03-09-2006, 05:52 PM
The Found Cats All Hope Taht Bubbles The Hippo Gets Everything That A Hippo Could Want For Her Birthday.
Is 9 Old For A Hippo,or Is That A Young Hippo?
My Knowledge Of Hippos Is Somewhat Limited,you See.
I really don't know much of anything about hippos either, Gary. I loved the story and think it's great that staff and visitors love animals so much that there would be a month long birthday party for a hippo. How sweet of the Found Cats to send their birthday wishes. Darned if I know what a hippo would want for her birthday but I'll bet she's loving ALL the attention. Scrithchies to all the Found Cats and the Porchies too!!!

catmandu
03-09-2006, 09:18 PM
I really don't know much of anything about hippos either, Gary. I loved the story and think it's great that staff and visitors love animals so much that there would be a month long birthday party for a hippo. How sweet of the Found Cats to send their birthday wishes. Darned if I know what a hippo would want for her birthday but I'll bet she's loving ALL the attention. Scrithchies to all the Found Cats and the Porchies too!!!
The only thing I have heard about Hippos is that they are very dangerous when aroused and are considered one of the most dangerous animals in Africa.
Peter Potamus was never like that.
Gary.

Felix
03-10-2006, 08:06 AM
Neat idea...Happy Birthday Bubbles :)

Killearn Kitties
03-10-2006, 08:14 AM
How sweet! Will there be photos of Bubbles enjoying her party? :D

momcat
03-11-2006, 03:30 PM
How sweet! Will there be photos of Bubbles enjoying her party? :D
I'll try to find the website for the Aquarium, there's bound to be a picture or two there.