PDA

View Full Version : Kind of exciting.

Presley
04-20-2002, 11:12 AM
Hi All.
Well I have already told one person here my happy news. I guess I will share with the rest of you! Last weekend we went to a horse Stallion services auction where all the breedings to these stallions were donated and the money that was raised is going towards building a new indoor riding ring in the next town over from us. Well as some of you might have seen my mom has a grey mare who is pure bred and reg through the A.Q.H.A.
My mom wasn't really planing on breeding Opie. She thought she would bid on a horse just for a donation. But I talked to her about the breeding and about me paying for it so I could have the foal again.. And she won! We had to take Opie to get a coggins test done and it came back ok! So this weekend she starts her honeymoon!!! I really hope she is ok she has a big of a temper on her!! Ah well i just wanted to share....
Melissa and Presley!

anna_66
04-20-2002, 12:09 PM
Melissa that is such wonderful news! Congragulations!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-20-2002, 05:24 PM
Wonderful news, indeed! Little foals are so darn cute! I always wanted one myself.:)

Gio
04-22-2002, 04:42 AM
COngratulations! :D

Ann
04-22-2002, 06:39 AM
Thats so cool! Congrats :)

Would you by any chance have a picture of Opie somewhere? I'd love to see what she looks like :)

Presley
04-22-2002, 08:55 PM
Sorry Ann i didn't get back to you sooner. Things have just been very busy around here. Here are some pictures of all the animals we have and i put opies parents pictures on there too...

pictures (http://www.picturetrail.com/wrpresley)

zippy-kat
04-22-2002, 09:04 PM
AH! I'm sooo jealous but Very, VERY excited for you!!

tatsxxx11
04-23-2002, 08:37 AM
Can't bring up the pics:( I'll check back. In the meantime, congratulations Melissa!! Baby foals....ahhh!!:) Happy Honeymoon Opie!;)

ramanth
04-23-2002, 08:46 AM
Great news! Happy Honeymoon Opie! :D

Presley
04-23-2002, 09:59 AM
Yes i see that you can't see the pictures.. they said the site should be up and working in a couple of hours....
please do check back then

jennifert
04-23-2002, 10:34 AM
Oh that is wonderful! I'm so excited for you AND jealous!! Owning a horse has been a dream of mine! SOMEDAY!
I will check back this pm to see the pics.

Ann
04-23-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Presley
Sorry Ann i didn't get back to you sooner. Things have just been very busy around here. Here are some pictures of all the animals we have and i put opies parents pictures on there too...

pictures (http://www.picturetrail.com/wrpresley)

OMG, Opies dad is sooooooooooooo magnificent! Her mom is extremely beautiful too, but her dad is really stunning. Opie is one pretty lady too, I loved seeing how she went from one color to another (amazing how horses do that!). Oh, one question, is Chance a paint?

The mocked up pic of your cat with the big eyes is hilarious *laughing*

Thanks for sharing those pics, I really liked seeing them!

jennifert
04-23-2002, 11:59 AM
I just went to see the pics too! They are all beautiful! Who is Chance? Is he your family's horse also? Do you keep them at your home or are they stabled somewhere else? What does Presley think of them?

My favorite pic is the one of Presley and Pewter in the chair where Pewter looks like she's angry at him and poor Presley looks so scared! It's such a cute picture!!

Presley
04-23-2002, 02:26 PM
You know that picture of Pewter and Presley was funny. I came up from doing laundry to find them snuggled up asleep.. Pewter makes out like she hates the pup and well EVERYTHING! she is old and Very cranky. When i ran to get the camera Pewter noticed me and moved away from Presley.. I thought what a perfect picture.. The evil one glaring at the innocent pup!
Yes Opie is boarded out. She is also not going back to the stable where she was before she went off for her honeymoon for political reasons. She is moving back to a place where my mom kept her when she first got her. Presley finds them interesting. When she was tiny she would lick opies nose. Opie isn't too keen on dogs as she has been chased many times in the past.
Most horses that will be grey are born another colour. Opie was a chestnut untill she was 2yo. She then started to slowly change to a grey. Much like that 2002 foal. He already has some grey on his undercoat.
Chance is my friends 12yo son's horse. She is a appy well her Sire was a pure Bred Quarter Horse and her dam was a pure bred Appaloosa but she has no papers as she was a resuce case many moons ago. She is 8yo now and i think she stands 14.2 or 14.3hh she didn't grow to her full potential, She should have stood 15.3 to 16.2hh
Sorry i said she was a paint i'm just so not with it at all the past few days... I just tend to sit here and stare off into space

Ann
04-24-2002, 06:41 AM
Oh I got it! Doesn't matter if Chance has papers or not, she still is very pretty :)

I gotta say though, I personally like the original appaloosas better than the newer kind (by the old kind I mean where they'd only have spots on their butts, the newer kind looks more like knabstubs I think). But that's just my opinion, and the appys of today are still really beautiful!

Well, good luck and do let us know how everything goes :)