PDA

View Full Version : WHY do I torture myself???

moosmom
03-04-2006, 08:05 PM
So there I was minding my own business, driving to my daughter's apartment. My car seemed to take a detour on it's own. Where you ask?? Why, the Connecticut Humane Society of course!! :rolleyes:

I was just going to see if there was a cat that I could foster and find a home for like I did with the other two.

The director of cat adoptions, Kitty (seriously!!) was eating lunch and I was told by one of the adoption counselors to go back in the lunchroom and talk to her.

As I was making my way to the lunch room, I walked by a series of cages with "DO NOT TOUCH" signs, as those were cats that had just been brought in.

I stopped dead in my tracks!!! There was this beautiful long haired Turkish Angora Wannabe (young) with intense green eyes. Stunning!! The spitting image of my RB kitty Marina Mar. I told Kitty to put a hold on her and call me once she was tested and spayed (if she wasn't already).

Turns out a man rescued her from his apartment dumpster. He took her in and called his landlord. The landlord told him absolutely no pets allowed. She was infested with fleas so he bought her a flea collar, and turned her into the Humane Society.

She's got Marina Mar II written all over her and I want her SO BAD!!!!!!! I've been looking for another one just like MM, although no other cat can take her place.

Black cats don't place very well because of the "black cat superstitions".

What do you say guys? SHOULD I???? Cats come and go in my house, but this one just stole my heart. The resemblence alone is eerie.

Advice please.

Chilli
03-04-2006, 08:18 PM
I think you should do it! It sounds like it was meant to be! :D

moosmom
03-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Chilli,

I agree with you.

I spoke with my friend's husband tonight about her. What I'm thinking of doing is going to get her when I get the call that she's ready and working with her so I can show her in the "Household Pet" category of TICA (The International Cat Association) cat show at the end of April. We'll place her on my friend's website for adoption, but I'll foster her show her at cat shows. It's an option, but I'm going to wait till my friend gets back from her trip (she's training to be a TICA judge) to discuss it with her.

When Marina Mar was with me, she did very well at cat shows. Won lots of ribbons. I was devastated when Marina Mar had to be euthanized because of cancer at the age of 3.

catmandu
03-04-2006, 09:47 PM
I Think That Marina Mar Steered Your Car To That Shelter,so You Could Find That Gorgeous Cat That Needs Your Help So Badly.
And That You Will Not Have The Heartbreak,over Losing Her,and That Having And Helping This Cat Will Comfort Her Meeowmie.
I Think You Should Help This Cat,and All The Found Cats,porch Cats And Angels Agree.

moosmom
03-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks Gary. I think you're absolutely right. So, by Wednesday she should home (here). I'm so glad that man rescued her from the apartment dumpster. I think she'll make a wonderful addition to my fur-family. Marina Mar would be proud.

Now I'll need a name. Graceful, yet with meaning. Maybe I should wait till she gets here.

rg_girlca
03-04-2006, 10:21 PM
I Think That Marina Mar Steered Your Car To That Shelter,so You Could Find That Gorgeous Cat That Needs Your Help So Badly.
And That You Will Not Have The Heartbreak,over Losing Her,and That Having And Helping This Cat Will Comfort Her Meeowmie.
I Think You Should Help This Cat,and All The Found Cats,porch Cats And Angels Agree.

Very well said Gary. You hit the nail on the head.

Can't wait to hear and see pictures of your new addition Donna. :)

Laura's Babies
03-04-2006, 10:41 PM
OK, I am going to be a spoil sport and warn you all, lets not get our hopes up so high this early.... BUT....

I agree with Gary too, you were led there (by you know who) to get this one that needs you so badly. How can you NOT get the little love? How about Tiffinay (is that how you spell it?) for her name, to me that is a elegant, high class name that reeks of royalty and beauty...

Mike is wanting to start showing Yetta in the household pet shows, is that very hard to get into? (He wants me to help him with it) She is so laid back that he is 100% sure she would steal every show.

krazyaboutkatz
03-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Donna, the black kitty sounds gorgeous and I also think that it was meant to be. :) I hope that her tests come back fine and I can't wait to hear more about her and also see some pictures of her too. :)

catfamily
03-05-2006, 12:55 AM
I think you should keep the pretty black cat :D What better home could she possibly go to?You'll be able to turn that cats life right around :D

RedHedd
03-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Sounds like it was meant to be. Your HP obviously steered you there. Tiffany would be a beautiful name for her too.

carole
03-05-2006, 02:16 AM
Welcome Marina Mar the second, we look forward to hearing all about her Donna, and Pics please, good on you girl, another kitty in a great home with wonderful future prospects, now are you going to beable to just foster her, she sounds so beautiful, cannot wait to see her. :)

icedtea
03-05-2006, 03:05 AM
GO FOR IT!
it was obviouslymeant to be.i reckon you should just keep her! keep her to be yours furrever!

jenluckenbach
03-05-2006, 05:15 AM
She sounds lovely! :D

Mad Mags Moo
03-05-2006, 05:26 AM
Sounds to me she has a Furrever home with you!!! :D

K & L
03-05-2006, 06:38 AM
Oh gosh, us with 24 cats....you already know my response! :D Can't wait for photos! Good luck!!

QueenScoopalot
03-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Admit it Donna....there's no going back now that your car was steered right into the shelters parking lot against your will. :eek: I think Emmy (think two M's for Marina Mar) is a cute name...and she will win Emmy Awards in the cat shows lol!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Get her !! :)
no pic of her yet?

moosmom
03-05-2006, 10:32 AM
QSA,

Emmy!!! I LOVE that name!!! I was trying to think of a name for her and I think that's great, in honor of my RB Marina Mar.

Well, oooooookayyyyy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: She's coming home with me. It probably won't be till either Tuesday or Wednesday. They're going to spay her (if she isn't already), test her and vaccinate her.

I'll post pictures when she gets here.

moosmom
03-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Mike is wanting to start showing Yetta in the household pet shows, is that very hard to get into? (He wants me to help him with it) She is so laid back that he is 100% sure she would steal every show.

It's very easy to get into and very addicting!! If Yetta is that laid back, I think she'd do very well. Cat shows can stress cats out with all the hustle and bustle, not to mention all the other cat's scents. The different associations are:

TICA (The International Cat Association)
AACE (American Association of Cat Enthusiasts)
CFA (Cat Fanciers Association)

There's a couple more that I can't remember.

They're fun but alot of work too. You'll have to bathe Yetta, clip her nails, clean her ears and brush her. You'll also have to handle her like the judges would to get her used to it.

The best place to look for where cat shows are being held and when is in Cat Fancy Magazine. They have a special section telling you where the shows are, when, and a phone number to call to register. It's not cheap though. It costs anywhere from $35 to $65 EACH to enter a cat, depending on whether you want a whole cage to yourself, or you want half a cage (there are dividers). Cat shows are 2 days and you HAVE to be there both days. But I love it. You get to meet people, brag about your cat, and watch your cat do her stuff in the rings (look cute, play with toys, impress the judges with their personalities).

The don't allow declawed cats, and all household pet cats need to be spayed or neutered and utd on all shots.

Go for it!!

orangemm
03-05-2006, 12:36 PM
I was going to say "go for it", but obviously you have already! This was meant to be, absolutely!

I thought of "Gracie", but I think you already have a winner!

Pictures, please! ;)

catmandu
03-05-2006, 12:51 PM
The Found Cats Are Mmmeeeeoowing For You,and Marina Mar At The Rainbow Bridge Is So Very Proud Of Her Meeowmie,and Hope That You Know That You Are Still In Her Heart,and You Will Be Reunited.
One Fine Day.

Chilli
03-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I can't wait to see her! :D
I really like the name Emmy, too, its pretty. :)
I also like Josephine, Josie for short.