PDA

View Full Version : Idiots

Pawsitive Thinking
03-04-2006, 04:54 PM
My Mum's normally sane and intelligent neighbours have a gorgeous little cat, Casey, and they have just "let" her become a momma at 10 months :mad: :mad:

Why do people still insist that just one litter is good??

Have very strongly voiced my objections (bearing in mind that I don't have to live next door to them)

Laura's Babies
03-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Samantha's former Mom has that way of thinking, but she was blaming it on her vet, that he told her that.... :rolleyes:

They should have to visit or work in a kill shelter and that would change their way of thinking! GRrrrrrrrr!

It does no good to preach to those kind of people, they are clueless and want to remain that way... I agree .... IDIOTS!

icedtea
03-04-2006, 05:10 PM
definitely idiots! They should be saying oh no,oh gosh WHY didnt weget her desexed? oh how stupid are we? but instead they think one litter is good. are they stupid enough to think that it will improve the health of their cat or benefit their cat in some way??

moosmom
03-04-2006, 05:42 PM
STUPID IRRESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS, plain and simple!!! :mad: :mad:

catmandu
03-04-2006, 09:40 PM
And They Will Pamper The Kittens,and Them When The Kittens Get Old Enough,they Will Be Given Away To Other Idiots Where A Whole Chain Of Unwanted Cats Will Show Up At The Shelters Looking For A Home.
Everytime I See These Great Cats Only A Year Or Two Old,meeowing Thier Hearts Out For You To Take Them Home,i Have Les.

moosmom
03-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Right on Catmandu!!!!

rg_girlca
03-04-2006, 10:24 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

When will people ever learn that there are enough unwanted cats in this world that they DO NOT need too add to the problem.

I hope the poor thing doesn't have any problems, being so young. :(

momcat
03-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Somehow I simply cannot comprehend any competent veterinarian telling anyone to go ahead and let their cat have one litter of babies! The scary thing is there probable ARE some vets that would say that. This poor kitty girl does seem awfully young to be put through the physical stress and risk of a pregnancy. Somehow I seriously doubt that these idiots would even give a passing thought to bringing kitty girl to a competent vet for any kind of pre-natal checkups and care. Some people should NOT be allowed to adopt pets!!! I really don't care about these stupid owners. But I do care about the little mommy-to-be and for her sake pray there are no complications with her pregnancy and birth. I also care about the babies, will they be healthy and well cared for or will our wonderful PT rescuers be out there one of these nights trying to save them from neglect and abandonment? I'm sorry to sound so cynical but things like this make me so angry :mad: :mad: :mad: If only there were some way we could properly educate EVERY cat owner about their obligation and responsibility to their cats our shelters wouldn't be so over crowded and our rescuers might have a bit of free time. If only every owner would care for their kitty companions in ways that meet all the PT standards maybe there would be fewer ferals and strays.

rosethecopycat
03-05-2006, 10:41 PM
are they stupid enough to think that it will improve the health of their cat or benefit their cat in some way??

No, actually they just upped her chance of getting mammary cancer.

:( :mad:

jackie
03-06-2006, 03:19 AM
I have a ver similar situation with my neighbor.

She adopted two stray cats from the street and plans on breeding them because she wants too see their babies. I explained everything to her about cat overpopulation, but she just doesn´t give a $**t. She has agreed to wait until the girl is 2 years old, but how she is going to keep two indoor cats from breeding is beyond me.

I am just waiting until her kitten goes in heat and starts screaming the house down, and for her male to start spraying all over the walls and cabinets. :rolleyes:

Catsnclay
03-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Somehow I simply cannot comprehend any competent veterinarian telling anyone to go ahead and let their cat have one litter of babies!

I have a neighbor (we don't see eye to eye) and she bought a pedigree German Shephard puppy, and when I asked if she was spayed, her answer to me (was sarcastic) was that she thought all women should experience birth (I never had children, so I think that was also pointed at me :mad: ) The "puppy" is due now any day with her SECOND litter.

Seems my neighbor found a new way to make $$$$........selling puppies! :mad: :eek: :mad: :mad:

Kirsten
03-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Why do people still insist that just one litter is good??

Unfortunately, many people still believe that. :(

Kirsten