lizbud
03-04-2006, 10:06 AM
What in the world is wrong with some people? I can't understand why
God allows these things to happen.This creature should never be allowed
around anybody's children. Can you say sterilization? :mad:

Mother Accused Of Cracking Son's Skull With Squeeze

POSTED: 6:40 am EST March 3, 2006
UPDATED: 6:52 pm EST March 3, 2006

SALEM, Ind. -- A woman told police she squeezed her 2-month-old son's head until she heard his skull crack because he wouldn't stop crying, prosecutors said.

Lacey Edwards, 21, faces felony charges of battery and neglect of a dependent for the injuries her son suffered on Feb. 24. She was being held on $50,000 cash bond Thursday night in the Washington County Jail in Salem, about 30 miles north of Louisville, Ky.

According to an affidavit filed in Washington Circuit Court, Edwards told state police Detective Dave Mitchell that her children were crying while she was doing housework at her Campbellsville home. Edwards has three children -- 2-month-old twins and an 11-month-old.

Edwards allegedly became frustrated when one of the twins, Michael Buskirk, kept crying after the others stopped. According to the affidavit, she squeezed the baby's head and felt it cave in, but he continued to cry "so she squeezed his head a second time during which time she felt and heard his skull crack."

Mitchell's affidavit said that Edwards did not take the baby to the hospital or report the injury until a visiting nurse arrived and noticed his condition about six hours later.

The infant was taken to a hospital in Bedford for treatment, Washington County Prosecutor Cynthia Winkler said. Details of his condition were unavailable. The other children were placed in foster care, Winkler said.

Both charges against Edwards carry possible sentences of six years to 20 years in prison.

Fear_Nuclear
03-04-2006, 10:42 AM
There are some messed up people in this world. I can't imagine someone doing that. Thats whats wrong with the world, they will let anyone be a parent.

I also heard another story, I don't know how long ago it was but I think it was recently.

These two college kids were seeing each other and she got pregnant. When she had the baby they didn't know what to do. So they killed it and put it in a trash can. :(

Cataholic
03-04-2006, 11:52 AM
These stories make me sick to my stomach, literally. :(

Miss Z
03-04-2006, 12:00 PM
That is so horrible:( :( :mad: Poor baby, that's totally BARBARIC and i think that woman is deranged in the head. She deserves all the shame and prison service she gets, as that is not just a crime, it's an absolute disgrace. I am pretty much squirming when i think of the scene on the night of that baby's death - (shudder).

Also,I couldn't help but notice that she's twenty-one and already had 3 kids.

jackie
03-04-2006, 02:41 PM
^The baby is not dead, thank god.

I pray that she is never allowed to see her children again.

neko1
03-04-2006, 03:24 PM
I pray that she is never allowed to see her children again.

Or have any other children.

That disgusts me...I just don't understand how people can do deranged crap like that.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Kids can drive you to feel like that - the test is being able to walk away without harming them......certainly not condoning what she did

lizbud
03-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Kids can drive you to feel like that - the test is being able to walk away without harming them......certainly not condoning what she did

The woman had two 2 two month old (twins) and an 11 month old baby.
A sure recipe for stress, but no excuse for what she did.

moosmom
03-04-2006, 05:45 PM
That poor baby! Some people shouldn't be allowed to have children. This mother is certainly one of them!! :mad:

finn's mom
03-04-2006, 07:34 PM
I wonder how she reacted once she calmed down and realized what she'd done. :( And, I hope they don't allow her to be with her children again, at least not alone...if she can't handle the stress, she shouldn't be allowed to be near them unsupervised, or at all. Imagine when they're older and really start throwing tantrums...that poor child. :(

Vette
03-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Awww..... :(

ive wonderd about God and why crap happens on many different accounts.
but.. thats another story i suppose.

poor kid.

CathyBogart
03-04-2006, 09:26 PM
I have to wonder if she was someone who didn't want kids and was pressured to have them by the people around her...Horrific...

Felicia's Mom
03-06-2006, 11:03 AM
It was a horrible thing to do. That is why I never had children.

As for why God allows it to happen; God has given man "Free Will".

finn's mom
03-06-2006, 11:47 AM
It was a horrible thing to do. That is why I never had children.

Yeah, I have a friend who will not have children, and, it's because she knows she couldn't handle the screaming and tantrums. She doesn't even have pets for that reason. She has zero patience. She's never hurt anything in her life, but, she swears she would if she were put into a situation like that. So, she'll always remain childless. But, not everyone knows that about themselves...a lot of times, it seems like people don't know they're going to snap like that until it's too late. Regardless, that situation sucks all around, no doubt. :(

Who
03-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Stories like that are soo very sad. But I agree with Felicia's Mom God did give us "Free Will"

gemini9961
03-08-2006, 08:36 AM
21 years old with 3 kids!! 2 month old twins and an 11 month old. Gee wiz, she was pregnant probably the day after she had the first one. This is disgusting all around.

Cataholic
03-08-2006, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=Felicia's Mom]It was a horrible thing to do. That is why I never had children.
QUOTE]

This strikes me as an odd statment to make. Are you saying that you would do something like this if you had children? We all 'lose it' with things-kids, pets, work, other drivers....but, this is really unimaginable, from a sane person's perspective. No matter how over stressed I have gotten, and I truly, truly have, I have never raised a hand to Jonah.

This woman's problem was not child-related. It was self related. She had no self control. She surely wouldn't have done this to a grown adult- not because of her lack of self control, but, because of her ability to reason that that person would have knocked the crap out of her.

ramanth
03-08-2006, 11:20 AM
A local couple here are on trial for murdering a child they adopted.

I don't try to understand some people... I just can't wrap my brain around it.

*hugs*

popcornbird
03-08-2006, 01:16 PM
How awful. :( I can never understand how anyone could do such a thing to an innocent child. Poor baby. :( Such people shouldn't be allowed to have kids. :mad:

As for why God allows it to happen...God didn't make this world as heaven...Heaven comes later, for those who pass the 'test' of 'life'. People like this woman will have a nice place called Hell to live in once they leave this world. Life on earth is more of a test for mankind, to see who makes it through, who has self control, who lives a good life, etc. Life is a test, not heaven, and evil things will happen. God gave human beings free will...the freedom of choice. We weren't created as pure angels...but as human beings with the freedom of choice, and we tend to try to do what we want. Some people strive to do good, while others strive for evil. That doesn't mean God likes it when people do such things. He hates such crimes, and such people will face punishment from Him after their death. God shouldn't be blamed for the actions of horrendous people who God will be punishing once they leave this world. If the people don't obey God, they're the ones to blame. Its like blaming a parent who happens to be the best parent in the world...always telling their child what's right and what's wrong, but the child doesn't listen. The child grows up and starts committing horrible crimes. The parents are people who were good and never raised him like that. You wouldn't say, "Why do his parents allow this to happen?" When one is an adult, that person is responsible...not his parents, not anyone else. This happens very often...sometimes kids turn out to be the opposite of their parents. Same thing applies here. God gave us a criteria to live by. If we don't listen, well...we're the ones to blame...not God. God will punish such people for their evildoings. Just my personal opinion on this matter.

king2005
03-08-2006, 02:24 PM
21 years old with 3 kids!! 2 month old twins and an 11 month old. Gee wiz, she was pregnant probably the day after she had the first one. This is disgusting all around.

My ex-friend had her 4th child when she was 22, NOT 1 child is a year apart! Neither parent had jobs & they couldn't look after their pets properly :mad:
I stopped hsnging out with her shortly after her 2ed as there was only so much yelling I can stand (not yelling at the kids, the kids were really good), but it was a wife-husband kind of yelling. ALL the fights were pointless & rather annoying. The wern't like that before the kids.. Also they expected me to buy their kids things.. ya right, I was fresh out of college & was 20k in debt. I bought my god-daughtor (still kicking myself to aggreeing with it) a big stuffed polar bear (I got it for .99 in sale from 30.00 from the store I worked at) & because it didn't look like I spent 100.00 on it.. it was tossed in the corner & ignored :mad:

Its horrible how some people can change from good to bad after they have kids.

I personally know I wouldn't be able to handle a non-stop crying baby & my dad was the same. BUT there is a way to get out of it, without even thinking of doing something horrible to the child. Make sure the baby is 100% safe in the crib, clean diaper, no feaver, monitor is turned on & then go outside with the other monitor & keep it on low (not too low) & read a book to get away from it all. When the baby stops crying, go check on it & turn the monitor back to normal.

My dad has a BAD temper & NOT once did he ever harm us. The TV even states that the above is a good method.

Dixieland Dancer
03-10-2006, 03:54 PM
A man goes into a barber shop to get his hair cut. While cutting his hair the barber says to the man, I don't believe there is a God or he wouldn't let all this bad stuff happen in this world. The man doesn't reply because he doesn't want to start a confrontation. However, he feels that somehow he needs to explain to the barber that God is not happy with this kind of stuff either.

After his haircut, he pays and walks out the door. On the sidewalk coming across the street from the barber shop is a man with long dirty stringy hair walking down the sidewalk. The man obviously has not had a shower in a long time. The man leaving the barber shop walks back in and said to the barber, "there must not be barbers in this world," "How can you say that?" asks the barber. "Well look at that dirty man with his long stringy dirty hair. If there were barbers in this world, surely they would not let that happen. They would offer to cut his hair and clean him up, right?" The barber replied "I can not help him if he doesn't come to me for help".

It is basically the same with God. He did give us Free will and we choose if we want to accept him and his help or not. He is just as unhappy about the lady crushing her son's skull as we are. Perhaps if the lady had asked God for strength, he would of provided it. Instead she chose to ignore him and his willingness to help. The babies skull being crushed was the result. It is sad on two points... 1. People do ignore God's willingness to be a part of their lives and 2. People choose to do evil things.

I pray that the child will not suffer any permanent damage and that someone loving comes into his life to care for him.

Cubby'sMom
03-10-2006, 08:12 PM
That is truly horrific. I honestly cannot stand to hear about things like this because it makes me realize what our world can be often. As for God letting it happen, that is a little ridiculous to say in my oppinion. As others have said before me, God gave us free will. He cannot right every wrong in this world, we have the will to do that ourselves. We also have the will and choice to ask God for help on making a decision or doing something.

RICHARD
03-11-2006, 09:12 AM
I think that God was kind by just fracturing a skull.

It sure beats being scalded to death
shaken to death
beat toi death
or starved to death...god does work in mysterious ways.
and sometimes he gives the little ones a chance, the chance to be taken out of a life like that!

I would trade a fractured skull for the rest of my life living with a emeffer like that... :( :mad:

VTJess03
03-13-2006, 07:58 PM
I agree with most of the God talk here so far.

It really irks me (and God too, if you read up on it), to be blamed for stuff like this...why do people think that God causes all these bad things? There's a big difference in allowing free will and in causing bad things to happen. Just think about all the awesome things God has put into each of our lives: pets, pets, PT, other pet owners who want to be so helpful and kind on PT, salvation through the cross (well, Easter is coming up soon, right), loving families (the vast majority of families are loving to their children after all), shelter, food, the means to take proper care of our pets, oh, and did I mention pets :).

Cubby'sMom
03-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I agree with most of the God talk here so far.

It really irks me (and God too, if you read up on it), to be blamed for stuff like this...why do people think that God causes all these bad things? There's a big difference in allowing free will and in causing bad things to happen. Just think about all the awesome things God has put into each of our lives: pets, pets, PT, other pet owners who want to be so helpful and kind on PT, salvation through the cross (well, Easter is coming up soon, right), loving families (the vast majority of families are loving to their children after all), shelter, food, the means to take proper care of our pets, oh, and did I mention pets :).

Very well said :)

RICHARD
03-15-2006, 01:21 AM
god blinked again.

In Alhambra, California a newborn baby, with the umbilical cord still attached, was thrown 40 feet onto the railroad tracks, to it's death.

Officials are still looking for the mother who gave birth to that baby.

In California the law allows you to go to a fire station or hospital and turn an unwanted baby over to officals, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

It's not god's fault......
blame the people he put on the earth.

Cataholic
03-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh, Richard, how absolutely awful.

I just don't even know what else to say, it just sickens me to think of the horror. :(

lvpets2002
03-15-2006, 02:05 PM
:mad: Yes this kind of behavior just makes me sick to my stomack.. Just as a case is going on in Dallas Tx of a mother cut both of her young daughter's arms off so she would bleed to death (which did) & mother stated someone told her too in her mind.. My confirmed statment is what happened to the saying ***** DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU *****

lizbud
03-15-2006, 05:36 PM
It's enough to break your heart & it seems to happen a lot these
days. :( Or maybe, it's just being reported more these days? I can't
believe that a supreme being would let the innocent among us suffer so.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/regional/akron_article.aspx?storyid=49254

Cubby'sMom
03-15-2006, 06:26 PM
:mad: Yes this kind of behavior just makes me sick to my stomack.. Just as a case is going on in Dallas Tx of a mother cut both of her young daughter's arms off so she would bleed to death (which did) & mother stated someone told her too in her mind.. My confirmed statment is what happened to the saying ***** DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU *****

How awful, that's horrific, her own daughter it's despicable(sp?). Same with the incident Richard just mentioned, they just make you want to reach out to those children and comfort them and heal them.

RICHARD
03-16-2006, 01:42 AM
I know this is a sensitive subject.

What choices does a child have?

A life of cruelty at the hands of an abuser-

Or the end of a short life?

That baby was put into a plastic bag and tossed away like trash.

That baby with the crushed skull was given a chance.

What are the odds of surviving a 40 foot drop onto a railroad bed?

God doesn't have a say in that matter.

Look closer to the heart of man.
You may not find an answer there-but you will see evil.

Remember what the bible said.

God made man in his image. He stopped when it was time to put in the heart and brains. :(

Dixieland Dancer
03-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Is it any wonder babies can be disposed of so non chalantly? We can kill them seconds after birth and call it partial birth ABORTION and it's legal. We can dispose of his creation because we were careless in our actions at any time we choose. This is not God's law but is MAN's LAW. We are reaping what we have been sowing for too many years. :(

Why do so many people want to blame God for the bad things in life and not take responsibility for their own actions and choices or stop to thank him for the Good things that happen in life? :(

cyber-sibes
03-28-2006, 06:59 PM
I wonder how she reacted once she calmed down and realized what she'd done. :( And, I hope they don't allow her to be with her children again, at least not alone...if she can't handle the stress, she shouldn't be allowed to be near them unsupervised, or at all. Imagine when they're older and really start throwing tantrums...that poor child. :(
The story says that she didn't do a damn thing for six hours. :mad: #*X!#!!&*X! :mad: IMO that just multiplied her abusive acts!
Yes, there are definitly some people who should NEVER have kids, I hope hers are taken away for a long, long, long, time. well actually I hope she never has custody again. There is simply NO excuse for child abuse.

Catty1
03-28-2006, 11:48 PM
I am thinking about the degree of mental illness out there.

I also think about the person on PT - I am sorry, your name slips my mind - who has lovingly embraced her 14-year-old stepdaughter and her upcoming child.

I would bet that baby is safe! How many of these others perhaps were mentally ill to begin with - and unsupported to boot?

I think if I ever know about someone that is unexpectedly pregnant...I will reach out to them. It might make a difference.

Someone once said to me that these awful things - they teach us what kind of people we are by how we react.

So I am going to try to be more aware...

Sad, sad, sad stuff...so much suffering, parents and kids both...

lizbud
03-29-2006, 05:12 PM
The story says that she didn't do a damn thing for six hours. :mad: #*X!#!!&*X! :mad: IMO that just multiplied her abusive acts!
Yes, there are definitly some people who should NEVER have kids, I hope hers are taken awasy for a long, long, long, time. well actually I hope she never has custody again. There is simply NO excuse for child abuse.

That's almost unbelieable that she didn't seek help for the baby right
away. Can you imagine the pain that precious soul had to endure? I'm
sorry but, it makes you wonder what possible good that was. Why should
they have to suffer that way.Is that part of God's plan?

RICHARD
04-04-2006, 05:34 PM
God let another one slip by this week.

A man promised his two children a trip to the movies.

He got them into the car, poured gas into it and tossed a match in.

The kids died and he suffered 2nd degree burns...he'll live to answer for this.

The reason?

Divorce. :mad:

VTJess03
04-07-2006, 06:48 PM
And he'll also have to answer for it before God, which will probably be a lot more awful on him than what the children experienced, horrible as it was. I would venture to guess that it didn't slip by him; his reward is coming. I try to keep things in perspective when bad things happen. It would be soooo easy to get caught up in all the injustices and live a preoccupied, miserable, angry, bitter life. I just can't live like that :(

Lori Jordan
04-07-2006, 07:19 PM
That is just sick!!